The Stamford has been around for some time but now I understand the excellent reviews. While the hotel itself may be showing its age it is well maintained, the staff are exceptional and the place seems to run like clock work!
We arrived to a busy reception but within 20 minutes had been ushered to our room and a roll away bed for our daughter had been delivered and seamlessly deployed complete with additional towels/robes etc. The rooms are generously sized with plenty of room for the roll away, a king size bed and a desk. All the rooms have balconies – if you enjoy the feel of the breeze in your face 150M in the air!
Staff from the porters (who greet you by name), the seamless check-in, concierge who seem able to book/arrange just about anything without blinking an eyelid, through to the ladies cleaning the room – all fantastic!
We didn’t sample breakfast in the hotel instead sampling the many nearby restaurants and cafes. Had high tea in the lobby bar and that was nice and moderately priced. If you want to treat yourself pre-book a Sunday brunch at Equinox complete with free flow Moet and cocktails – the food is excellent too plus you get the fantastic views from the 70th floor. Not cheap but well worth the treat if your budget can stretch and again the staff are fantastic!
The only (very small) negative for me was the tired pool area – the pools (one deep one shallow) are shared with the adjoining hotel so can get pretty busy and aren’t very big. Okay for a splash but no comparison to the more modern resort pools available in Sentosa etc. Also had issues connecting to the (rather expensive) internet and would suggest you find some free wireless access elsewhere or buy a local sim card and use your phone instead – call and internet rates are very cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore