“Convenient location with gorgeous view”

Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
Ranked #67 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
San Francisco, CA
“Convenient location with gorgeous view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

This property used to be The Westin Stamford and still offers a very convenient location with The Raffles multi-level shopping mall below and access to the super efficient subway system without even crossing a street. In addition, a network of below ground air conditioned walkways inter-connect to adjacent office buildings, hotels and other sites in the Marina Square area. A definite plus when it is pouring rain or baking hot outside! Some of the hotel rooms are a bit dated with Westin-era furniture but still offer a comfortable enviroment and jaw-dropping spectacular views from its private balconies. Request a high-floor room facing the Singapore river or the new Sands casino. The Orchard Rd shopping district is only a five minute subway ride away!

Room Tip: High floor room away from elevators are more quiet. Request an upgrade to a corner mini-suite facin...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PackToGo
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear PackToGo,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the spectacular views we offer and also our great location. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with all.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,575)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Hotel is at a perfect location. I enjoyed my stay so much. When we arrived, there was a lady in red cheongsam and the doorman with a cool hat who greeted me by my name and the reception already knew who I was. I had a room on level 55. Housekeeping was superb too. We came back always to a clean room. Everyday we would pop by the Concierge. Their suggestions were always with taste. I remembered particularly the concierge- Shahari who on one of the evenings, made us a booking at the ship looking hotel for dinner and he was there again the next morning to check if we enjoyed the dinner!! I will be back again next summer!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Desalves
Dear Desalves,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are very pleased to hear that you will return to stay with us on your next trip to Singapore. We are particularly proud that you complimented on our service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will pass on your compliments to all.

We look forward to 'wow' you on your next stay again!
Murphy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and it was an enjoyable stay. My room 2054 had a fantastic view of the harbor. The room was very clean and a decent size, with a comfortable bed and all the amenities. Also, if you have laptops or smart phones with US plugs on them, you can pick up an adapter at the hotel desk. The hotel is very well located within walking distance of St. Andrew's Church, the Singapore Museum and more. It's right next to the MRT subway (City Hall stop). It is adjoined to a complex that has a large mall shopping area, much of it underground with many restaurants. The concierge will book day tours where the operator will pick you up right at the hotel. The hotel has a fitness center and pool. I had an extra day after my work was done and the hotel stored my luggage and laptop for me until my late flight in the evening. My only disappointment was having to pay $9/hr for Internet access, when I'm used to much lower priced hotels in the US providing it for free. But when in Singapore, I would definitely enjoy staying here again.

Not related to the hotel, but some useful info for using the MRT...Although there are plenty of taxis available in front of the hotel, taxi prices seemed to vary and half of them don't take credit cards. I found the price range to go from my hotel to my business destination at Novena Towers to vary between $8-$14. So, I wish I had started using the MRT (subway) sooner. You can get a 1-day pass for $8 plus a $10 refundable deposit. Once you're done with the pass return it to the ticket window and get your refund.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PhotoTripper_10
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear PhotoTripper_10,

Greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful experience with all. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and indeed, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Do return soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

I originally booked into the Intercontinental but then was recommended to move to the Stamford, and am so glad I did.

I often find service is not great in Singapore, not poor, but not to the very best standards, this Swissotel changed my opinion! Whoever manages this hotel has worked extensively on ensuring that their staff have the confidence to give travellers the service that they require and this does not mean that everyone wants the same service which is what most groups tend to assume.

The hotel is in a great location next to Raffles and within walking distance of most of the main attractions. There is a great selection of restaurants within the complex as well as an excellent bar and night club up on the roof. The rooms are well appointed with an interesting mix of styles and I would recommend upgrading to the club floors on the upper part of the hotel.

Certainly will be my first choice when I go back to Singapore, hopefully in the near future!

Room Tip: Upper floors either on the Raffles side or facing the Singapore Flyer
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Dubaibob23
Dear Dubaibob23,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with all on this website. We try hard to provide the best possible service experience to our guests, and your satisfaction is our greatest reward. We are very pleased to learn that you had a fantastic time!

We look forward to host your stay with us again soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in July 2010 for 5 nights. We booked an Executive Suite, which I would highly recommend. As part of the deal you get full access to the Executive lounge on the 60th floor where you can have breakfast and evening drinks and canapés which are more like a meal than a snack. Not even once we needed dinner after enjoying a wide selection of warm and cold dishes + deserts and drinks at the Executive lounge! The best Executive lounge ever! The service is also amazing!

The room + bathroom was specious, stylish and really comfortable. I didn't want to leave! When in Singapore, don't bother looking for any other hotel, you won't find anything better than this hotel!

Room Tip: Only stay at the Executive Suite!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear perthG,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was a success and that you enjoyed every moment! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to your 'home away from home' soon!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

The rooms at this hotel are very nice. Good size room, well appointed work desk,nice size bathroom, overall the room and facilities are very nice. the locations is excellent to get to anywhere in central Singapore. Direct link to the Raffles Shopping Centre was a bonus. On a negative note the in room dining was terrible. The food was disgusting, cold and tasted old, like it had been kept warm for hours. On one occasion I complained about my toasted sandwich being cold and the chips old , cold and greasy. They send another tray but there was no difference and I did not eat any of it. I could prepare a better toasted sandwich than this hotel. The food was disgusting and overpriced and I really resented having to pay so much for food worse than a fast food outlet. When I was checking out the receiptionist asked me if I was happy with everything. I replied "no" however I believe they just ask this question of everyone but really aren't interested as she wasn't even listening to my answer.
I also thought the WIFI rates were very expensive.
I would return to this hotel for the location and the rooms but would not eat there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear julie r,

Greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback & it had since been shared with all. We sincerely hope you'd give us another chance to change your opinion of our In-Room Dining's food quality.

We would like to be of service to you again very soon to do just that.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

After two weeks in Italy, the contrast with Italian hotels was dramatic, with a brilliant welcome and sense of arrival, both in terms of service and the facilities. Room was excellent in every sense - everything you would expect in a five star hotel in a great location with great service. Our only mistake was to stay in the hotel for lunch, we found the Schezuan Court Restaurant to be a real disappointment, friendly service staff let down by really terrible (and I mean terrible!) food. This isn't an issue for other travellers, just make sure you seek out one of the many other restaurants surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PortlandQuay
Dear PortlandQuay,

Greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. On another hand, we are disappointed that the food at Szechuan court is not to your taste. Your feedback has been shared with our Food & Beverage section.

We do hope to be of service to you again & do return soon!