We stayed in this hotel on a two-night stopover in Singapore en-route to Australia and it was absolutely fantastic. The hotel is twenty minutes from Changi airport, right in the heart of the city and next to Raffles. It was my first time in Singapore but I was ready for the heat and humidity that hit us the minute we left the airport terminal having been warned by some friends who had been here before. On arrival at the hotel by coach early in the morning after our long flight our room was ready which was a real bonus. First impressions were great especially when we saw the amazing view from our balcony and the well-appointed, smart room. We ventured down to the fantastic shopping centre under the hotel and popped over to Raffles for a Singapore Sling. That afternoon there was a thrilling lightning storm that went on for hours which added to the exciting tropical atmosphere. The following morning we received a friendly greeting from the girl at the hotel's SwissCafé where we had a tasty breakfast with lots of choice and good quality food. The hotel is ideally located for sightseeing and that morning we headed first to the Botanic Gardens where we walked through the beautiful orchid garden and then past Little India to the Merlion, Singapore's symbol. From here we could see some of the city's newest developments in Marina Bay. We then went to the Thian Hock Keng temple in Chinatown before heading back to Raffles for the afternoon tea which was great. Back at the Swissotel Stamford we had a drink at the New Asia bar on the 71st floor which was a bit pricey but well worth it for the views of the amazing city as the lights came on. We had an early start the next morning but really enjoyed our stay here and would return in a heartbeat. Well done to all at the Swissotel The Stamford!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore