$315
$349
$221
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$176
$157
  • Restaurant
Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$174
$297
$265
$330
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$291
$234
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
$530
8,635 results
All reviewscafe swisstallest hotelharbour viewcity hall mrt stationshopping mallgrand roommarina bay sandshigh floorexcellent locationfood courtan upgradeconvenient locationexecutive roombusiness tripbusiness hotelbuffet breakfastearly check
Reviewed June 30, 2011

As a business traveller this hotel had everything I could possibly need:
- A good quality room (however note that the Swissotel is not one of these uber-modern places).
- Located above an MRT station (City Hall) which is a multiple line hub and will get you to and from Changi airport with just one quick change at EW4 I think.
- Has a variety of food choices in the hotel.
- If the immediate variety isn't enough then you have an abundance of choice in the underground Raffles City and connecting network to Suntec City and Marina Bay. Basically, if you don't have enough choices you are the type of person who will never be satisfied!
- A gentle Singaporean walking speed will have you at the boat quay in 10 minutes or less, an extra 5 minutes will see you in the redeveloped Clarke Quay area with its many drinking, eating and retail options.

If you a company that is willing to spend a reasonable sum per night on your room then you can be treated to arguably the best views over Marina Bay and the financial district. SGD350 rewarded me with 59th floor views in a very comfortable room with king size bed, large flat screen TV, iPod docking stereo and I was given free internet for the week (cabled only available in room, Wi-Fi is in the lobby and bar areas).

All-in-all I'd recommend this to any business traveller for the sheer convenience of being at the centre of everything you are likely to need. You cannot beat the location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Dear Dbag00,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are pleased that your stay went well. We love the fact that you raved about our location, we are indeed a stone's throw to everything! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with all.

We look forward to host your stay again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Hi Friends,

We stayed at this hotel by taking the universal studios package and were hugely disappointed. We had high expectations given the positive reviews on this site and the fact the this hotel cannot be missed in singapore. The pros and cons below :

Pros :

1) Excellent location right at the metro
2) Amazing view from the top floor resturant
3) Shopping mall next door

Cons :

1) After a long flight we arrived at 7 in the evening and were told that the rooms are not ready. Infact, the people at the reception started to argue despite knowing its a mistake on their part
2) We had specifically requested for a non-smoking and high floor and again it was not alloted. Again the lady at the reception did not even acknowledge our mail and in a way hinted that we were lying
3) The layout of the room is quite outdated. I know its an old hotel but its just not maintained. The rooms just do not have a refreshing feel. Definately not 5 star
4) The lifts had smelling and dirty mats all the time
5) There was always too much rush/luggage at the reception
6) Also I thought there was preference given the guests staying at an higher category rooms. They do not bother if you are in the base category (There was racial discrimination to an certain extent also)
7) Quality of house keeping/room service not up to the mark
8) Much more expensive in comparison to its peers

After coming back to India we filled in a feedback form and to our surprise the manager from the hotel called us up to get more details.

There are so many better options in Singapore (Pan pacific, marina mandarin etc). No reason to choose this one. OLD IS NOT GOLD !

Happy Travelling
Gautam

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank GudduKolkata
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear GudduKolkata,

Thank you for choosing to reside with us at Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore. We are honoured and privileged to have you stay with us during your visit.

We are very grateful for your valuable feedback and would like to express our sincere regrets for any inconveniences or discomfort caused during your stay with us. We are deeply concerned that we have failed to live up to your expectations. Please be assured that we have not only taken note of your comments but will address them by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

Once again, our sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay. We strongly believe we have the vital components in place to provide consistent quality service and products, and hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back during your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I booked 3 rooms with 2 double bed in this hotel via agoda.com, the rate was not really fantastic, because for me it's really expensive. But when I saw the review is good so I booked. When I arrived and I checked in the receptionist said that they only got 1 room available for that time, so I have to wait for 3 hours to get another 2 rooms, it's ok with me, because I can walk around the hotel first, like in Raffles City mall, Marina Square, and Suntec City. The room was very good, clean, spacious, and got a really nice view of the city. I got the 2 double bed I wanted before, and a connecting room with my other room. All special request that I requested before was fulfilled. But compare to Marina Mandarin hotel, this hotel looks more classy, and Marina Mandarin is more modern, but that's ok with me, though I can sleep well when I stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear jakboy,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

Thank you for taking valuable time to share your experience with us and recommending us to all. Though we are glad you enjoyed your stay, we would like to apologise for the initial wait for your second room.

We hope that you would not let this isolated incident mar your otherwise favourable impression of us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel The Stamford in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

It is a fantastic hotel with the nice big clean rooms. The location is also good and shopping malls and metros are easily accessible. The food is brilliant and I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

If you stay in one of the rooms on the higher floors the view of Singapore is fantastic. The bathrooms are spacious and clean.

Whether on business or with family and friends definitely a great place to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank C00lwave

Dear C00lwave,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are very grateful for your valuable compliments and are delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. At Swissôtel The Stamford, we constantly strive to provide the highest standards of personalised service to our guests.

It leaves us now to look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel The Stamford in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

On a short business trip to Singapore, after a less than perfect experience in another hotel just a few weeks earlier, I decided to opt for Swissotel the Stamford.

Although not a small hotel, evident from the busy lobby, checkin was fast, friendly, and prompt. In less than 5 minutes, I was all set, on my way to the room.

The room itself is perhaps a little dated - it does look like it was a decor from the early 90s. However, it was comfortable, spotlessly clean, and that, I think is really more important than the decor itself. The washroom too, was perhaps stuck in a decade past, but again, being spotlessly clean, and with all the traveler's amenities (shaving kit, toothpaste & toothbrush, etc), it's not something to pick on.

I found the breakfast to be good in terms of spread, but do be warned that during the peak hours, there is a queue to get into the breakfast venue(s), which was unexpected - normally, you would expect to be able to walk right into your breakfast restaurant and be seated promptly. Do plan ahead so you won't be late for that important meeting ...

I love the great location as well - right over the City Hall MRT, and also right next to a shopping mall with a grocer, some nice restaurants, and a few drinking holes.

And finally, I had a pretty good check out experience as well - just like during the check in. All in, I think this is a very nice hotel - prompt, professional, and understated. It's perhaps not in the highest class of luxury, but I think it hit all the right notes.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mozilla_monster

Dear mozilla_monster,

Thank you for choosing to reside with us at Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We are delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and are privileged to receive your precious feedback, however, we will not rest on our laurels and will continue to upgrade our guestrooms, furnishings and services to deliver the highest standard of excellence.

We look forward to your kind patronage to Swissôtel The Stamford in the not too distant future.