I had a few days here at the end of my 2 month trip in Asia (mainly in Singapore) and here are my observations of the Goodwood :
1) Reception area had been updated and is nice (though the high tea is held here and still too open and public, no sense of privacy at all when having tea with your friends or family)
2) Staff are still very friendly and helpful
3) Dining - the breakfast buffet's standard had dropped from a few years' back, the local high tea buffet is pretty good and very reasonably priced at S$20 (or thereabouts), Minjiang is still a good restaurant though prices had gone up a little (quite pricey), the pastry shop still serve up some good cakes and pastries, the chocolate moose cake is scrumptious
4) Room service - will inform u that it will take 45 mins but arrive in 20 mins (order was placed at about 7 pm which is peak hour on a Friday night but they still managed to get it to us on time and still warm)
5) room (this will only apply to the Parklane Suites) - definitely needs updating, it is not all bad but definitely not good in my books for a 5* hotel. see photos attached for molds in the bathroom (u can smell how musty the room was the moment the door is opened, not just the bathroom but the whole apartment), everything is old (TV is horrible upstairs as it was a wall mounted 16" TV that is about 10 years old !, a/c was not functioning well when u dropped the temperature, water droplets start appearing at the vent on the ceiling and pretty soon, u have water dripping on top of your head !, old power outlets, old and worn out closets, tables, doors that has cracks and chips on them, etc), the photos I had taken makes the room better than it looks as I didnt zoom in on the bad stuff (i only did the mold photo coz I just cant believe how bad that was) The bed is not comfortable (not firm) and the huge overhead painting's frame is just at the height of the bed when if u lift up your head from the pillow, u will hit the bottom of the frame ! Sofa in the sitting room (directly above the stairs' landing area) pulls out into a twin size bed (cant even fit two kids comfortably)
6) Pool - didnt go to the other pool but did the main one as it was closer, still hardly any shade (the palm trees are still too young to provide any shade and there is hardly any umbrellas around, only 2 !) and too open (facing the cafe and the outdoor buffet), not a great pool to swim in (not a full size coz one end of the pool had been blocked off for the kids) or even lounging around (very few loungers and not a big pool, the landscaping needs a lot of improvement as well
Overall, there is a lot of improvement to be done if they are to keep up the standard of a 5* property in SIN and to charge higher prices like they are doing nowadays. The main hotel had some rooms that had undergone some renovation and I wish I had made my reservations for these one, I would rather have these nicer newer rooms as connecting than the Parklane suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodwood Park Hotel is set amidst on a luxurious 6-hectare landscaped garden within Singapore’s famed shopping belt in Orchard Road. A quiet retreat for guests with the hustle and bustle of the city at its doorstep. It is conveniently located 5-10 mins walk to Orchard MRT Station and upmarket shopping malls such as DFS Galleria, Paragon, Ngee Ann City and ION Orchard; 15 mins drive to Central Business District. A 10-15 minutes drive to the Central Business District and numerous nightlife options at Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, making it an ideal choice for both leisure and business travellers visiting Singapore. Guestrooms and suites at Goodwood Park Hotel feature contemporary amenities with pool or garden views, with some providing direct pool access to one of its two outdoor swimming pools and complimentary internet access for all in-house guests. The hotel’s facilities consist of two outdoor swimming pools, a well-quipped fitness centre, beauty and spa services, five renowned restaurants, a bar, a deli and a range of banqueting and meeting venues to cater to every need and occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goodwood Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodwood Park Singapore
- Hotel Goodwood Park
- Goodwood Park Hotel Singapore