Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Feb 2011 as we were attending a wedding in Singapore and also enjoyed a short holiday as we had never been to Singapore before.
The hotel was extremely original in its layout and decoration, its all a few years old but immaculate, and we could spot staff on several occassions walking around and making sure everything was presented perfectly.
Architectuarly something out of the ordinary for sure.
We had a room facing the city side but didn't really have too much of a view, but it was very big, clean with comfortable bed and atmosphere. Rooms with views are apparently smaller so its really a personal choice on what you book.
The room was always cleaned twice a day with fresh fruit and water bottles, & importantly new towels etc. The staff really look after you here.
The swimming pool / outdoor area is pure bliss in an otherwise bustling city and has full harbour/city views. You could happily spend hours a day here if you had the time to spare.
Location wise could be better. It is fine if you are catching cabs everywhere, but there is only an older style shopping centre directly next door for daily shopping. Marina Bay sands & the Casino are less than 10 minutes walk though.
If you want to shop at the bustling Orchard Road you will need a 10-15 minute cab ride. 20 minutes to the airport.
We used the concierge a couple of times who helped us book everything we needed including Jumbo restaurant! The chilli crab was amazing.
Finally we used the day spa on the last day and the oriental massage with hot stones was the greatest ever! quite expensive, but an hour or pure bliss. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental