“quite satisfying”

Ranked #15 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Seoul, South Korea
“quite satisfying”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel was a little shabby but atmospheric and clean. The breakfast buffet was nice, the pool was also great and not crowded. When I had left my cell phone in the Night Safari bus on the way back to the hotel, the front desk staffs promptly contacted the bus driver, and found it! Everything was great except... a couple of staffs who were in charge of my room... they didn't seem to be trained well enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,105)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thank you to all the front line staff at MO Singapore who have made our family holiday a stress free experience. My gratitude especially to both the Fitness and Business Center staff who went to a great length to help us. The hotel's outstanding service, convenient location, luxury, and obviously...the view make up for the room size. Overall it's a truly a Mandarin experience for us.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank bakeryrox
Kuta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

thank you Marina Mandarin, was best view, very good servise best fruty Martini, had it everynight for 4nights. :-)I thought would be and old Hotel was surprise when my husband and I were arriving there. we will o back soon..

Room Tip: we had rom wiev Marina bay... all day and all night best view... we live in bali we have great view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed for two nights on a business trip and chose the MO because I wanted to try a different hotel in Singapore (I typically stay at the Ritz Carlton or Shangri-La).

While I certainly was not unhappy with my stay, I'm not sure if I would return given the other high-end options available.

Service was excellent as expected from any MO. Check-in was efficient and concierge was helpful.

The room was fine, but definitely not nice. It was servicable. What I did not like is the set up - but I think it is typical of older hotels. The hallways are all open air facing the atrium of the hotel. Just imagine a Quality Inn or Red Roof Inn (or other comparable 2-star hotel), in a small town in the United States.

The breakfast buffet was quite good actually. I had this buffet 6 years ago and it still lived up to expectations.

Overall, this is a good hotel, typical of most dated MO, but I think there are other options available with better rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RNG1008
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I were travelling from Sydney to Paris so I decided to break the long trip by spending a night in Singapore. I'd heard great things about the Mandarin Oriental and it was an easy choice considering they offered a 6pm late checkout for Club Floor rooms. We were shown to our room which had wonderful views over the Marina Bay area and headed to the lounge for pre dinner cocktails. They offer a surprisingly high end selection of beverages and I was more than happy to toast the beginning of a wonderful trip with a glass of Ruinart. After a very comfortable nights sleep we decided to breakfast downstairs to enjoy the extensive buffet that we'd heard so much about. Whilst the selection on offer is amazing, next time we'd choose the peaceful ambience of the Club Lounge and their attentive service. Sadly the weather was not co operating enough to allow us to fully appreciate the pool area however we managed to shelter for a while under the covered cabanas which would be amazing on a clear day and perfect for a lazy stopover. In order to stretch the body before our next flight I also made use of the yoga platform which was semi private and a welcome annex to the gym for a more zen exercize approach. The hotel kindly accommodated us an extra hour so we checked out of our room at 7pm and headed back to the lounge for cocktails and snacks before the quick transfer to Changi. I couldn't think of a more perfect way to survive the long journey and it really helped us to arrive in better shape.

Room Tip: The Club Lounge is a wonderful indulgence and highly recommended
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SYDmelp
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Whenever we are in Singapore we stay at the Mandarin Oriental (once tried the Marina Bay Sands for the fun). We love the location (super view across the Marina Bay where all the action is and only 15 minutes from the airport), we love the personal service, the breakfast and the swimming pool. The hotel is very popular so it can be very busy at times.

We always try to stay in a bay view room. Rooms are not large but have really everything you need and especially that breathtaking view across the bay. Otherwise, one does not spend too much time in the room anyway. Aircon is very quiet and effective, there is no noise, neither from the busy streets nor from inside.

From the MO one can walk (take the nearby shopping mall entrance for an air conditioned alternative) to the subway station, the Esplanade or City Hall. Not air conditioned but close as well is the bridge that leads to the MBS (shopping and casino) as well as the Garden on the Bay. For all else, take a taxi, nothing is really that far.

The hotel has many restaurants and they offer a suberb breakfast at "Melt" which serves all the different breakfast types of such a global city. There is even al small terrace so one can sit outside.

Service is generally impeccable and fast, check-in and out takes seconds. We only found the refill of amenities a bit slow this time, but this is not a major issue.

Rooms at the MO are not a bargain, but worth the money. Meals and drinks at the pool, however, are somewhat overpriced. But the pool itself is resort-like with bay view as well and ample space.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor, bay view or one of the Club Floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Norbert B
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental in Sigapore - truly becomes one of your fondest memories while staying in Singapore. One is not able to say enough wonderful comments about this very fine hotel. The hospitality is at it's finest literally 24/7. With stunning views, the most comfortable beds to sleep in - this hotel truly has more than the comforts of home! The selection of restaurants is amazing, I recommend cocktails at Morton's a very unique cocktail lounge!

• Stayed March 2013