“Promises delivered”

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Ranked #14 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Friendly hotel with a modern charming style.
Prime location overlooking Marina Bay within easy walking distance to city, shops & restaurants.
Cityscape views from rooms at the front have the "wow factor"
Personal attention of Staff was second to none.
Rooms are spacious & of high quality.
Its a busy hotel but as its spacious it never appear cluttered or the staff hurried in any way.
Restaurant staff (Giruba served us magnificently) are under the expert guidance of Marcel Li.
Looking forward to a next visit.

Room Tip: Seek a room at the front for the views (day & night) Care when booking-if possible-when its tim...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,779)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were here for 2 nights, on our trip around Asia. This was recommended by a friend of ours. The location was very good. THe room very well equipped and comfortbale. Late check out was possible, which was something that was important to us.
Very good hotel, but expensive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Singapore is a very expensive city, and, although club access is more costly, it can save you money during your stay if you use its benefits, such as breakfast (or, even better, the Melt Cafe breakfast, which was the best breakfast with the most selections of anywhere I've ever stayed...it was simply amazing), also, afternoon tea, which includes beverages and sandwiches, fruits and desserts, not to mention happy hour, which includes wine, beer, cocktails and an assortment of delicious appetizers, cheeses and desserts which can easily become dinner. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful, always. We had a harbor view room, which I'd highly recommend. Just beautiful, and within walking distance to many attractions.

Room Tip: harbor view room is worth the extra cost. Every morning we woke up to a beautiful view.
1  Thank bongomoppet
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is definitely one of the best hotels in Singapore. We had a club room which gave us a late checkout which worked well for our evening departure. The Club does not allow kids like others and is a nice place to enjoy breakfast or a drink through the day. The location is great for enjoying the Marina Bay Area and the staff are helpful. The best feature of this hotel is the great pool area which feels like a resort and the food and beverage quality and options. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was again a fabulous stay in MO Singapore during my Christmas and New Year holidays. I arrived on the 20 th of december and left on the 2 nd of january 2013 .Coming from Europe and after 13 hours flight and 7 hours time difference , i booked limousine service from Changi airport to the hotel. The driver was waiting and for me and I arrived 20 minutes later at the hotel. The check in was efficient and I got immidiately a fabulous upper harbour view room number 2006 located at the top of the hotel. Extremely comfortable room with all amenities you are expecting from a 5 star hotel. Dont miss the buffet breakfast at the Melt with such a choice of asian and western food, fresh juices, etc.... I tried 2 restaurants The Cherry garden for cantonese cuisine and the Dolce Vita for italian specialities. Both fantastic. I would like finally to mention the lovely pool area where I stayed every day relaxing and enjoying the views. Thanks again to the complete staff to MO Singapore for making my stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: Book higher floor harbour view rooms and enjoy your stay there. You will come and come again.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrichen
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had such an enjoyable time at this hotel.
I arrived at 8am, exhausted and tired, and the front desk staff were so wonderful and helpful - and I was lucky enough to get upgraded to the Oriental Club room - where I could check in immediatly. I got included entry to the Club (amazing views, so private and quiet and enjoyable -and esquisite food - breakfast lunch and late at night!) My room itself was incredible - large and a magnificent view. The pool was gorgeous and great for swimming laps in the AM and relaxing in the PM. Front desk were so helpful in giving me advice, booking restaurants. I travelled alone and I found that staying in such a nice hotel with such lovely staff made the trip much more enjoyable and much less lonely and isolating than it could've been otherwise.
All in all, there is not one bad word I can say about my stay here. If you can afford it, do it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kgermain
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our first stop on an Asian trip was Singapore. We arrived on a flight from LA at around seven in the morning. No rooms were available at that time but we were offered a free breakfast which was lovely. We changed and toured the Marina area and our room was ready by 11:00. My wife and I think this is one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed in. Comfortable bed and pillows, great counter space in the bedroom and bathroom, very quiet, excellent climate controll with a great view of the marina. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Good workout facilities and a nice pool area.