“Fantastic service, amazing view, awesome stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Ranked #12 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic service, amazing view, awesome stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I held our wedding at MO Singapore and stayed in the hotel following the wedding. We requested for harbour view suite and was very kindly given the room after our wedding coordinator, Eve, helped us with the request.
The wedding flow was great thanks the wedding banquet manage Tim and my personal butler the ever bubbly Wan Nee. We were already very impressed with the service by then.
The stay after the wedding was great, the service was impeccable, esp at the pool where the service crew never sit down but are always running around refilling our water, asking if we need face mist/ clean our specs.
The harbour view and ocean view rooms offer stunning views of the city, I love it!
The swimming pool, albeit only on the fifth level, boasts a great view of the city skyline as well. It is so nice to chill at the pool in the cabana or tanning chairs for hours!
The breakfast spread was awesome, though food taste could have been slightly better.
The amenities in the room was great. There was a little hiccup with the shower facilities but the engineer came and fixed the problem after a while.
The only thing that the hotel can improve is perhaps the speed of service to the hotel rooms. We always have to wait at least 5 minutes before the person whom we called for service comes to our room.
Other than that, we love the place!

Room Tip: Harbour view offers more view of the city skyline, while the ocean view offers the view of the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (952)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend with a friend who met me from the states! (I live in Cambodia)...it was the perfect place to stay. We enjoyed the pool, the easy access to shopping, Starbucks and the PERFECT club lounge!~ We even had free personal training at the gym. Everything at this place was top notch - we used room service and I must recommend the berry mojito drink thingy at the pool (can't remember the name of it). Was DELISH! Only problem we had our entire stay was an issue with the keys...for some reason, they kept not working. Luckily, we were one floor up from the club floor and they were able to fix the keys every time. Great location. Choose here!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teresa K
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed in Singapore for two nights en route to New Zealand for our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit at the Mandarin Oriental. We found the hotel conveniently located in the Marina Bay area - not too far from Raffles and very handy for the Flyer - however taxis were cheap and plentiful so it wasn't a problem getting around regardless. Our room was high up on the 18th floor with an impressive view over the Bay and was clean and very well equipped, with luxurious touches (hand sewn cotton tea bags!) and a huge, comfortable bed. All the staff we encountered were courteous and accommodating - we had a very early check out so wanted to settle our bill the night before, this was no problem at all. We also returned to our room on our second day to find complimentary wine and chocolates waiting for us, which was a lovely treat. Overall, an excellent start to our holiday and we would have no hesitation returning in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was high up on the 18th floor overlooking the harbour which afforded us quiet and privacy a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheOriginalLiverbird
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great hotel - Fantastic service at vehicle drop off - Great breakfast buffet - Very central with great views - Cheapest taxis I have experienced - Book for Raffles afternoon tea - Watch out for wine cost - Paid A$60 for a half bottle of Côtes du Rhône from the mini bar in our room only to find the exact same bottle in France at A$9 for full bottle -

Room Tip: Fly cattle class and spend the money on a an extra day or two in the best room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tired-old-dog
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

On the 8th December 2012, I check-in into Oriental Singapore for the purpose of a short weekend getaway and attending a wedding lunch held on the following day

The entire check-in process was very smooth and pleasant despite the early check in at about 11:45 a.m. Room was at 0634, Deluxe Room. First impression, the bellboy attended to my baggage upon my arrival. The front desk staff were polite and provided an excellent customer service.

Soon after a pleasant check-in, I proceed to my room at level 6. The lift lobby wasn't located too far from my room,just a short walking distance. The moment i entered the room, I was captivated by the modern room design of the room & the view of the swimming pool and the city view overlooking the Singapore Flyer & The Marina Bay Sands .

After unpacking my stuff and had settle down, I wasted no time and headed to the Poolside. As I wanted a place where i could rest before taking a dip. I saw the private Cabana and decided to take a rest first. The pool attendant were very friendly and polite when they served me the swimming towels,face towel and Ice Water. I was very impressed with their excellent customer service. The Wow factor was serving each guest chilled grape and a mini mixed fruit juice.

Before I turned in for the night, I was very satisfied with the room which the bed was superb, very comfy and the pillows were comfortable. There is even a large working desk accompanied with all the technological kits & some stationery for your personal use. The complimentary welcome bottle drink (Green tea) was nice & unique.

The bathroom has a very modern design & look with separate standing shower room & bathtub. The toiletries was unique which was the lemongrass scented toiletries.

The next morning, when i was heading for breakfast, the staff were also very polite and welcomed me with morning greeting. As I am a first timer, the waitress offered me to show me around the coffeehouse, however as i am an local and i prefer to explore it around myself and ushered you to the table with a smile on her face. The breakfast was great as it had many choices to choose from. From Chinese,to indian,to Japanese & lastly the american delights!

Location was very accessible with easy walking distance to Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade,Merlion and Fullerton & it's connected with the Marina Square mall.

Overall stay was excellent, will choose to return back to Mandarin Oriental Singapore for another relaxing weekend stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the view of the habour or the ocean. It has a excellent view esp during a night...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Miri, Sarawak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My first stay at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore was in Feb'12 and I was blown away by the quality of the service and the rooms. This time around, I was again pleasantly surprised by the consistency of the service. Check-in was faultless and I must admit that I liked the personalized escort to my room. The room is impeccable, with its furnishings, cleanliness and technology. The bed is super comfortable, making it extremely difficult to wake-up in the mornings (which is a good thing for me!). Given a choice, I would definitely stay again, especially with Marina Bay Sands nearby (great food and late weekend shopping - up to midnight). Two thumbs up!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Fantastic hotel especially if you have a room overlooking the marina. When you pull back the curtains in the morning you are greeted with a fabulous view of the marina and skyscraper skyline and at night the view is as spectacular with all the buildings being lit up. The whole hotel is spotless and the staff go out of their way to accommodate every request, The beds are to die for especially after a long flight or a long day doing the malls in Orchard Road. Something that I only discovered on the last day was a shortcut to the nearest metro station (Promenade) which again took you through another great mall... ask the doorman for directions! Just a couple of minutes walk to the marina also brings you to the theatre complex which is made up of many bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina on a high level for fantastic views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends