On the 8th December 2012, I check-in into Oriental Singapore for the purpose of a short weekend getaway and attending a wedding lunch held on the following day
The entire check-in process was very smooth and pleasant despite the early check in at about 11:45 a.m. Room was at 0634, Deluxe Room. First impression, the bellboy attended to my baggage upon my arrival. The front desk staff were polite and provided an excellent customer service.
Soon after a pleasant check-in, I proceed to my room at level 6. The lift lobby wasn't located too far from my room,just a short walking distance. The moment i entered the room, I was captivated by the modern room design of the room & the view of the swimming pool and the city view overlooking the Singapore Flyer & The Marina Bay Sands .
After unpacking my stuff and had settle down, I wasted no time and headed to the Poolside. As I wanted a place where i could rest before taking a dip. I saw the private Cabana and decided to take a rest first. The pool attendant were very friendly and polite when they served me the swimming towels,face towel and Ice Water. I was very impressed with their excellent customer service. The Wow factor was serving each guest chilled grape and a mini mixed fruit juice.
Before I turned in for the night, I was very satisfied with the room which the bed was superb, very comfy and the pillows were comfortable. There is even a large working desk accompanied with all the technological kits & some stationery for your personal use. The complimentary welcome bottle drink (Green tea) was nice & unique.
The bathroom has a very modern design & look with separate standing shower room & bathtub. The toiletries was unique which was the lemongrass scented toiletries.
The next morning, when i was heading for breakfast, the staff were also very polite and welcomed me with morning greeting. As I am a first timer, the waitress offered me to show me around the coffeehouse, however as i am an local and i prefer to explore it around myself and ushered you to the table with a smile on her face. The breakfast was great as it had many choices to choose from. From Chinese,to indian,to Japanese & lastly the american delights!
Location was very accessible with easy walking distance to Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade,Merlion and Fullerton & it's connected with the Marina Square mall.
Overall stay was excellent, will choose to return back to Mandarin Oriental Singapore for another relaxing weekend stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental