I chose Mandarin Oriental primarily for their mandarin grand room which is around 56 sqm. there were three of us in our group and we wanted enough space for an extra bed. Compared to other 5 star hotels in Singapore, the room was only $100 sgd more expensive (for total package of 3 nights and buffet breakfast for 3, and extra bed) considering we got that extra space.
Check in was prompt, and I would like to commend Ms. Yukie at the reception. I asked to confirm if we are getting the mandarin grand room and she told me it is considered a junior suite. She then told me we have been upgraded to a corner suite, which is much bigger! She also assisted us when we were checking out and I am happy she remembered us, and asked if we enjoyed our stay in the suite.
The service is excellent, the receptionists escort their guests to their rooms and orient us about the stuff there. The staff at the concierge is friendly, helpful and informative. Our room had more than enough space for a family, the L shaped sofa could accommodate two adults lying down! We had two bathrooms and heavenly comfortable beds. We had two flat screen tv's with surround sound, and a music seelction programed in the tv. They gave us fresh fruits daily and housekeeping promptly fulfilled all our requests. They provide segafredo coffee and TWG tea in the room. Love it!
Breakfast was set in a beautiful restaurant, we felt quite elegant sitting down to breakfast. They also had a big selection of everything, from the bread, to Indian, Chinese and american breakfast fare and even an area for cold cuts and healthy breakfast food. I love loose leaf tea and fresh honey with my croissant! :-)
The hotel is quiet and compared to the hotels in the resorts world area, you won't see a lot of kids here. It is not to say that the hotel isn't kid friendly, but i guess families with kids would rather stay near Universal Studios. The hotel is connected to Marina Square mall, and from there City hall station and Promenade mRT station which made going around the place quite easy. It has a wonderful view of Marina Bay Sands and other sites in Singapore.
Thank you to all the staff that made our stay unforgettable. If not for the activities we have planned, I would have been content to just stay in the hotel our entire stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental