I spent 2 nights at the Mandarin this week and having previously stayed at the Mandarin in HK it was exactly what I expected, even to the room decor! The hotel is well located and has superb views if you book one of the higher Marina view rooms. The staff are exceptional and the service similarly outstanding. I had a discounted room rate and so found the room rate reasonable for a quality hotel. I was there on a business trip and also booked a meeting room which was excellent. The breakfasts have received rave reviews and I similarly enjoyed it. However, given a price of $54 I would have expected nothing less than a world leading breakfast! I did enquire about a continental breakfast and was told that that was not an option, which seems unfortunate if you are short of time and thus don't have the opportunity to get value for the price paid. I also had to use the business centre and was charged $3 per page to scan and email a document, which seemed somewhat excessive!
Overall, a great hotel and I would certainly stay there again. As noted by other reviewers it does lack a "wow" factor - but then that's probably not why you would stay at the Mandarin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental