Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Hotels.com
Travelocity
8,126 results
All reviews melt cafe marina bay dolce vita city suite the club lounge pool staff breakfast buffet pool area is luxury hotel fantastic hotel suntec city late check shopping mall orchard road mo concierge staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful, Amazing, Excellent, Fantastic... If only I could find any more words. It's expensive, but well worth the price. Pool is fantastic with amazing view, loved it. I miss the pool! Service is Wonderful. Stayed at the premier ocean view room, the view is superb.

2  Thank bebibebis
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was our first trip to Singapore, en route to a holiday in Malaysia. My husband and I had a wonderful 3 night stay earlier this month at this hotel and found it first class in every way. We were given an upgraded room facing the harbour and Singapore Flyer and it was excellent. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful and it was an extremely comfortable hotel to stay in. The swimming pool was on the 5th floor and had magnificent views all around; the pool was a good size and the pool attendants most helpful and we were given lovely touches such as ice cold water; cold towels and a refreshing drink.

The breakfast was the best we have experienced with every type of food available, very plentiful and fresh. I particularly liked the separate healthy eating section. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Our only niggle with the bedroom was that the bed was quite soft and not the usual hard bed we are used to. However, this is certainly a hotel I would recommend to others staying for a few days in Singapore.

Room tip: It is worth upgrading to an ocean view room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Singapore was the first leg of a trip round the Far East and we wanted hotels to provide a high level of comfort at night. We expected to be roaming the city for the few days we were there, so for us daytime hotel amenities weren't important. But the room was! And what a room we were given!! We were given an upgrade from a deluxe room to a premier ocean room by the travel agent, Destinilogy, but we're pretty sure we were further upgraded by the receptionist who accompanied us up and gave us a brief resume of what was what. The view was the instant attention-grabber! Have a look at the photos from room 1503 ... just a shame the GP wasn't on that weekend ... now that would have been a view!! The room was furnished and decorated to a high standard, the massive bed comfy but firm. Good workstation facilities and the wi fi speed was good. We never dined in the hotel and tbh the restaurants looked little used. The public areas throughout looked oversized, unused and consequently unwelcoming. But as a place to stay and discover Singapore, it was superb. And Singapore was superb too!! Ask for a room looking over the harbour and you'll not be disappointed.

Room tip: There's a food court just across the road - about 15 little hot food shops and plenty of seating. It's a great place to eat quality local food at and affordable price with stunning views of Marina Bay as a backdrop.
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank AllRoverTheWorld
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff was very helpful at all times. Nicely decorated rooms, but very little natural light and with ample overhead lighting, a bit dark at night. Lobby and common space are not exceptional, but the pool is lovely. The breakfast is very good, but the space is dark overall.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank N_R74
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my first time in Singapore (5 day business trip), a friend recommended the Mandarin so I chose to stay there.
I flew into Changi early morning (7am) as my outbound flight from Germany was delayed. This turned out to be good luck as the airport was completely deserted, clearing immigration/customs was a matter of minutes. I took the MRT into the city center. If you think Germans are efficient wait until you come to Singapore. Signs, ticket vending machines, announcements on the train - all perfect. You can get off at City Hall and walk through the shopping centre directly to the hotel (follow the signs). Why - because the shopping centre is air-conditioned! You will end up at a small and concealed staircase directly next to the Mandarin. The trip was just 2 SGD plus 1 SGD deposit for the ticket (you'll get that back). If you chose to walk overground be prepared for the humidity and walk towards the Mandarin Bay Sands - then you can't miss the Oriental.
The hotel itself doesn't look promising from the outside (I was disappointed) and a bit old-fashioned from the inside. The reception was full in the morning because of many people checking out, but I did not wait too long. The receptionist was very friendly. A young lady accompanied me to my room and explained how everything works, when/where is breakfast, pool etc. Very good service! The room was spacy (I had a standard one to the back of the hotel - so no bay view) and immaculate. The air conditioning was turned to 18°C, a bit cold for my taste, so I adjusted it (I had to do this every evening, because the cleaner always reset it!). I didn't try the breakfast due to the time difference as Singapore morning was middle of the night for me and I didn't feel hungry.
You can walk to the financial district, just cross the big road in front of the hotel, then past/hrough the shopping centre and you'll be at the bay. From there just cross the bridge, all in all its about 20 mins walk. However I recommend you do that in the evening and take a taxi in the morning - that way you'll arrive fresh at work and it's less than 10 SGD.
All in all I had a very good stay, no complaints at all. Check out was easy, I could leave my luggage to pick up at the evening. If you feel hungry in the evening and don't want to travel too far I can recommend the restaurant at the bayfront directly next to the bridge. Also there are a few fast food places in the shopping centre.
On the way back to the airport I took a taxi - it is just 25 SGD. If I come back to Singapore again I'll probably stay in the Fullerton. It is situated much closer to the financial district and has a somewhat fresher look from the outside.

Date of stay: July 2012