“Fantastic and can't wait to return”

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Ranked #15 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and can't wait to return”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here a week ago and we are itching to go back again everything was fantastic from the moment we arrived with airport pick up (punctual and friendly and informative driver). On arrival to the hotel the staff were incredibly friendly and paid attention to detail.though the club room we booked wasn't available they were very very apologetic and upgraded us.the room was spacious and the decor is best to none and very good quality.
The hotel is very close (walking distance) to the Singapore flyer and the esplanade for good food and theatre.it is also a walking distance to the new and popular marina bay sands,abeit a bit more of a walk. The hotel has very good views of marina bay sands and the science museum,both stunning to look at at night.
I would recommend staying on one of their rooms that gives you a club lounge access as it is worth every penny as you are literally fed 24/7 from breakfast to an extensive afternoon tea and very extensive and yummy dinner snacks(more like proper food to us really), champagne and other drinks all day and once again the most friendly and helpful staff.
Check and check out was fault less and quick in the comfort of the club lounge whilst you enjoy your champagne or wine.
Overall a very good hotel with one of the best service we have received to date from all travels.
Only thing worth mentioning is that it is quite a busy hotel as when we were there there was at least one wedding or function taking place so your lobby is packed with outside guest,so if you looking for a quiet hotel ,might want to avoid at the weekend.
Our experience of mandarin oriental Singapore can be defined as luxury,excellent service with good location served in a non-prententious environment.
But we will definitely be back again and can't wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for good views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,089)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my third stay in the hotel and as before I was really impressed, As soon as I stepped out of the taxi, they mentionned my last name and when I arrived to the front desk, one of the FO staff asked me if I did not come with my mother as the last time and asked me how was my mother. As she has not been well in the beginning of the year and I have not seen her for almost a year as she lives in Marocco and I live in Bali, I was very touched by that mention. They made sure to ask me if I was willing to upgrade to an Oriental Club room as I have done the first time and by that, you can enjoy breakfast on the 19th floor, in the quiet space as well as drinks in the evening and a late check-out.
I would like to mention as well the service in the bar that was perfect and very elegant
Special mention to Mr. Wu, Guest Services Manager,

Room Tip: Book a room with harbour view, spectacular
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my first time in a Mandarin Oriental hotel and a very pleasant surprise. I stayed for 3 days in a Premium Ocean View room which overlooked the Flyer and the Marina Bay Sands hotel. I couldn't have made a better choice. Both landmarks make for a very impressive view be it day or night.

The hotel is luxurious and clean beyong belief. I couldn't wait every night to return to it. The toiletries are the best I have ever used. The breakfast is the best I've ever had with endless variety and amazing quality. The staff is helpful and curtious. The cleaning staff came by twice a day and did an excellent job. The pool area is simply beautiful.

The location of the hotel puts right in the middle of most main Singapore attractions.
All in all an amazing stay in Singapore!

PS: there is no doubt in my mind that Mandarin Oriental is the best choice I could have made for my stay in Singapore. Having said that I do have a couple of points regarding breakfast I would like the hotel management to address:
1. During breakfast coffee and (orange) juice are served on request and there is no second filling. This is incomprehensible, especially for such a luxurius hotel.
2. While eating your last bite someone would come and take the plate away from you...I don't know if its an Asian thing but it is very disturbing. I pesonally wouldn't mind having an empty or half empty plate in front of me for a few minutes. But I do mind having someone keeping track of my bites...it made me feel unwelcome...

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on higher floors (above the 10th) are the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elle_01234
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights and didnt want to leave. I love Mandarin Oriental hotels and the pool was pure luxury! Singapore is a very modern city with lots to do but I recommened asking concierge about a trip to Kuala Lumpur, well worth the trip and its so close! Ill be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here in their city suite for 14 days (8 days, then 6 days) with my wife and two young children. Excellent stay overall. The staff were very helpful especially with our two kids. The pool area is amazing and very relaxing. The hotel staff around the pool area were exceptional, especially Christine and Akshay. There was a minor hiccup during our check-in the second time round, which I was initially unhappy about, but Hotel Manager Jim was very professional and considerate in the way he dealt with the minor problem and our second stay at the hotel for 6 nights was again very relaxing and enjoyable. There should be more people like Jim in the hotel business.

The hotel has 1st class facilities and is conveniently located for shopping and walking around Marina Bay and a short taxi ride to Orchard Rd shopping. Coral Gardens restaurant excellent and Melt also very good.

You can't really go wrong in picking this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DFRF6875
England
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Back in Singapore after 5 years. This hotel is a standard mandarin oriental and everything you'd expect from one. Beautifully appointed, well maintained rooms, faultless service (small touches like free bottled water and ice cream by the poolside), mind blowing atrium and immaculate housekeeping. Location is ok. Not the most central hotel, but with taxis relatively cheap in Singapore getting around is not an issue at all. All in all highly recommended - who cares if the building is grey and ugly, it's the inside that counts!

Stayed September 2011
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After staying at all three hotels, here is my opinion: While the Mandarin Oriental has impeccable 5 star service, it is - well - just another 5 star hotel as there are many others in Singapore. The Fullerton and the Raffles both bring this special flair and historic aura that only very few hotels can offer. Unfortunately the Raffles' service has lately suffered a little (maybe I was just unlucky). The Fullerton would be my top pick - not least because of the excellent location right at the warter front (which is by the way an excellent starting off point for jogging around the Marina Bay).

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the Marina Bay really offer an excellent view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business