This was my first time in a Mandarin Oriental hotel and a very pleasant surprise. I stayed for 3 days in a Premium Ocean View room which overlooked the Flyer and the Marina Bay Sands hotel. I couldn't have made a better choice. Both landmarks make for a very impressive view be it day or night.
The hotel is luxurious and clean beyong belief. I couldn't wait every night to return to it. The toiletries are the best I have ever used. The breakfast is the best I've ever had with endless variety and amazing quality. The staff is helpful and curtious. The cleaning staff came by twice a day and did an excellent job. The pool area is simply beautiful.
The location of the hotel puts right in the middle of most main Singapore attractions.
All in all an amazing stay in Singapore!
PS: there is no doubt in my mind that Mandarin Oriental is the best choice I could have made for my stay in Singapore. Having said that I do have a couple of points regarding breakfast I would like the hotel management to address:
1. During breakfast coffee and (orange) juice are served on request and there is no second filling. This is incomprehensible, especially for such a luxurius hotel.
2. While eating your last bite someone would come and take the plate away from you...I don't know if its an Asian thing but it is very disturbing. I pesonally wouldn't mind having an empty or half empty plate in front of me for a few minutes. But I do mind having someone keeping track of my bites...it made me feel unwelcome...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental