I stayed here for several nights while in Singapore for some business meetings. I arrived from the US at around 1 a.m., and even at that time, the bellman and front desk staff were pleasant and professional. The room was really comfortable and quiet and as I looked out the window, I was completely taken with the view of the CBD across Marina Bay, and also the new Marina Bay Sands resort, hanging there like a giant Starship Enterprise. In the morning, I learned that I could also look right down on the Merlion at the entrance to the river.
Got up the next morning, having had a great night's sleep in the very quiet room and comfortable bed. I went down to the hotel breakfast buffet. It was great, but REALLY expensive. You might want to ask how much it is before you decide to eat there. I learned the next day that there's a mall you can access as you go out the front of the hotel and to your right... if you can get in there after 8 a.m., some of the mall restaurants (including a Starbucks) are open.
I found the hotel to be a quick cab ride from most of the commercial areas in Singapore, although since Raffle's Ave is a one-way, getting back to the hotel can often be several dollars more expensive than your outbound ride.
I'm a runner, and I found that there was a great 2 mile loop around the Marina, and you can add some distance by running up along the river. Lots of wide paths. Just go early before it gets too hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental