“Two day stopover in Singapore”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #28 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My travel agent chose the Regent Singapore as my stopover hotel before I return back to UK. I checked the hotel's website before my travel and was impressed by the photos and location. As I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a very pleasant porter who assisted me with my suitcase and said it will be delivered to my room he even directed me to Reception to check in and I was delighted that my suitcase was at my door within minutes of checking in. The breakfast offered a variety of choices and the staff in Reception gave me directions how to get to the shops. After spending the day walking around the shops what better way to relax than the Jacuzzi and again the staff at the fitness centre provided me with everything I needed. My room was just so relaxing and I slept like a log on my first and second night. The choice of toiletries in the bathroom is also to my standard. I left my luggage with concierge whilst waiting for my evening flight back to UK and after some last minute shopping I was able to freshen up in the fitness room ready for my travel home to UK. I felt a bit sad to leave the hotel as everyone made me feel so at home and I would definitely stay at The Regent again in my next stopover in Singapore. My heartfelt thanks to all the staff who made my stay memorable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sylvia P
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Slyvia P,

Please extend our thanks to your travel agent for suggesting Regent and of course, "thank you" for ultimately making the decision to stay with us.

We are delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and that you will think of Regent when you are next heated out to Asia and beyond.

On behalf of all the staff, warm wishes and seasons greetings and here's to a speedy return,

There are newer reviews for Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A family wedding in Singapore prompted us to stay at the well appointed Regent, we found all staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was perfect and covered all our wishes. Pool and Gym Amenities were first class and we used them often. The hotel proximity to Orchard road shopping is a bonus for shoppers.

A first class hotel and excellent staff.

Dennis & Rowena

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Dennis236,

We hope that everyone enjoyed the family wedding and wish the happy couple a joyous future together.

Many thanks for selecting Regent as your hotel of choice and special thanks for sharing your experience with others. We are delighted you found our staff both friendly and helpful and that you were impressed with Basilico breakfast as well as our leisure facilities.

We hope to welcome you back to Regent in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My 9th of November 2013 visit at 1245 to the hotel was a truly unpleasant one. Firstly, we were stopped by one of the porters who looked very annoyed at us for following a cab to the drop-off/pick up zone. There's no proper signage at the entrance of the hotel to indicate where drop off is supposed to be. We were merely following a cab to the drop off area but surprisingly only we got turned away but not the cab. Drop off for me had to be near the exit of the driveway despite the rain. In my experience after visiting numerous hotels in Singapore and ard the world, this has got to be the first time we're being shooed away so abruptly with no offers to assist or direct us to the appropriate area. Doesn't the hotel porter usually have a personal touch coming to your car and servicing you with a smile? Well, not here!

I was then greeted by yet another porter staring daggers at me as we were getting off the car and that puzzled me as there were no other cars in sight and we were not obstructing any traffic nor getting in anybody's way. I gestured to him if there was anything wrong after he stared for a good 2 mins but he just continued staring.

As I approach the hotel, I was looking out for his name on his name tag only to have him retort "what is your problem?" I was surprised at his insolent behavior, I then replied "no, what is YOUR problem?" Only to have him mumble something to the other porter. I was in a hurry and did not pursue that matter there and then. My gf and I were very disturbed by him.

My husband later made a call to the hotel and requested to speak to the duty manager but was put to the concierge manager instead? We reported the incident and was told they would investigate the matter. Unfortunately we didn't get any calls from the hotel and we had to follow up ourselves. We were told that staff were being reprimanded and the manager actually defended him by saying that porter was in shock that I was looking at his name tag and wanted to ask if he could help me instead but it came out the wrong way! How can someone blatantly deny his rude behavior this way and yet still have his superior back him up by saying it is a misunderstanding? Why is he shock I am looking at his name tag? 2 things, either to praise or to complain. Is this not understood by service people already? So much for a first impression even before I can enter the hotel lobby.

Your staff lack professionalism and their behavior is atrocious. I will definitely never consider staying at The Regent nor will I visit the hotel for any F and B services ever again. For a 5 star hotel, top notch service was expected and we have had way better service at other lower star hotels. To add on, we went to Mandarin Meritus for dinner and were greeted by the wonderful service there. We even had the chef ushering us to the lift and holding the lift door for us and that's not even his duty. The contrast of the service of two 5 star hotels in orchard.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear K_ng1980,

It is very unfortunate you were left with such a negative impression; our doorman was controlling traffic on the driveway as another vehicle was approaching from the opposite direction. We do emphasize safety and ask that the staff be assertive in protecting guests welfare and I apologize if this came across as being unwelcoming. We generally receive praise for the friendliness of our door staff and I have shared your feedback so as to prevent any future guests of having such an impression. I do sincerely hope you would visit Regent again as I am confident you would have a positive experience.

Kind regards,

Jeff Rednour
Hotel Manager
Regent Singapore

Reviewed November 8, 2013

A very good business hotel when all you need a clean & comfortable room to relax and sleep. Stayed for 4 nights and used room in night only for sleeping. Over all hotel is good and breakfast was just awesome. The only problem was that despite large Muslim population, halal meat was not available so had to do dinners outside. Location is good (orchard road) and you can get a taxi almost everytime of the day in front of the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

i love this hotel and love their staff. i stayed there for 6 days and had wonderful experience . the staff were really friendly and very helpful. concierge staff had help is us a lot and was really useful. room were really nice and atmosphere of the lobby was great loved the piano. location is good it really close to Orchard street short walk away really short. and in quiet area loved the hotel design. it was clean and warm and bit expensive side but totally worth it .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Marium S,

We loved reading your review and learning about your recent experience at Regent and just how much you loved the hotel, our staff, the lobby and the overall design and location.

Thank you for selecting Regent as your home away from home and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our island and the hotel.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff was very courteous except during check out, the doormen were extremely friendly, the only issue I faced was when I requested for a slightly late check out as our flight was later in the evening, we requested for a check out at 3PM but were told that we will be given 1 hour, the hotel must be considerate specially when families are travelling

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and the room size was excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Sidemmadi,

Thank you selecting Regent Singapore as your hotel of choice during your recent stay and for rating the hotel a five.

We are pleased that you found our staff courteous and helpful during your stay and apologize that the last impression was not as favourable as it could have been.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A pleasantly surprised stay! From the outside, first impression...the hotel looks dated. But once inside, hotel is quite impressive: huge, warm & cosy.
Location is good...very near to Orchard Rd (very accessible) yet still away from the bustling.
Service is impeccable (reception, housekeeping, concierge, fitness staff)
The room is spacious, comfortable bed, loved the L'Occitane toiletries provided. My only complain about the room is having to shower in the bathtub. For someone with bad knees, need to exercise care climbing in & out of the bathtub. Also, no non-slip mat/stickers provided thus there is a risk of falling.
I am also not so impressed with the swimming pool area & lastly my husband (being an avid soccer fan) complained about not being able to watch the live telecast of English Premier League & Champions League matches :D

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Sani R,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor and I am glad the overall experience was positive, primarily due to our service levels. I am pleased to highlight that we are painting the exterior of the building and are in the process of replacing our exterior signage. I am sorry the bathtub was inconvenient for you and if we were aware, we could have made some accomodations. Also, if you could let me know what it was about the pool area that was not up to your expecatation it would be most helpful. Thank you once again and looking forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,