“Excellence Personified”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #28 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Admittedly, the asset might be from the nineties, but this hotel shows it is not about the newness or the celebrity architect or the fancy building, that the building blocks of a great hotel are in the attention to detail, the little touches that really count. And this hotel gets it.

The beds and pillows are plush and fabulous to sleep on. I start with this because most of the time spent in a hotel anyway are on the bed doing one thing or another. So the quality of these furnishings really counts. Then the water pressure and the bathroom amenities. Strong, refreshing water and L'Occitane essentials. Very nice indeed. The towels nice and soft and all smelling delightful.

The fitness facilities are just what any health-conscious traveler could ask for. Enough treadmills with four TV's facing them---just to avoid arguments over what to watch. Lots of free and machine weights. First gym I've seen with an espresso machine in it! They even have their own "energy drink" concoction (they spell out what is in it) on tap next to the water dispenser. The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are very clean. The shower area between the pool and gym has all the toiletries anyone could imagine.

The hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood just off the main shopping area. Perfect location.

I couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The Four Seasons Group really knows how to attend to their guests well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BastiAina
RegentSg, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for kind comments regarding your recent family stay at Regent Singapore. We are delighted that you found our location convenient and our hotel facilities comfortable. Most importantly we are thrilled our staff and attention to detail delivered to your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to our doors in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a lovely property this hotel is. Stayed with friends with Club facilities and could not fault either the staff, food, overall service & general classiness of this hotel. Rooms were quiet and very well presented. We were lucky enough to get a Nespresso machine with plenty of tea choices and an exceptional suite! Our friends were in a standard club room and were more than happy with their choice. You could complain about the age of the carpet but, why look at that when there were all those lovely orchids! The hotel was immaculately presented, clean, fresh and obviously maintained to a very good standard. This was a very nice hotel to stay in, on our 13th visit to Singapore, and would be very happy to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear chris g,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you and and your friends enjoyed your recent stay and were impressed with the classiness of the hotel. Thank you for giving us your recommendation and I would look forward to welcome you back to Regent on your 14th visit to Singapore!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very nice hotel with spacious rooms and modern common areas. The staff was extremely helpful! My cab from the airport didn't take Visa (who knew) so the hotel front desk paid in cash and added to my bill.

The bar food was tasty and the restaurant staff was equally accommodating. Bed was super comfy and the bathroom had a speaker in it so I could listen to the TV while I showered --nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear writeway00,

Thank very much for your TripAdvisor review and I am pleased you had a wonderful stay. It is great to hear the Front Desk was so helpful with your taxi and you enjoyed the food and service in The Bar. Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Regent Singapore for seven nights. The purpose was for a meeting that my company organized for a dozen of our clients (totaling 50 attendee's) from Korea to India. Our marketing manager competitively bid the event across several similar Orchard Rd. hotels. She said she awarded to the Regent not because they were the lowest bid but because the group meeting organizer was so accommodating and eager to work with her she couldn't see choosing another property. Once we arrived the experience was as good or better than expected. We had a cocktail reception at the hotel the first night which went very well. The main restaurant on the property, Basilico served an amazing array of breakfast dishes that pleased everyone. We had a superb group lunch at the on site Chinese restaurant which exceeded our expectations on the last day. Don't expect a brand new property because this isn't but it is extremely well maintained and the rooms are all of upgraded quality that equals anything in the area/price point. The service was superb (befitting their Four Seasons affiliation) also. The only negatives for me were that the fitness facility was on the smaller side with limited equipment (but still more than adequate for my travel fitness regimen) and the pool receives sun only during a very limited time. Otherwise, this is a great facility that certainly should be considered when you stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TriStarGES

Dear TriStarGES,

Thank you very much for your review and detailed feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you had such a positive experience and enjoyed both Basilico and Summer Palace. Your compliments regarding the maintenance of the property and our service levels are also most appreciated.

I am glad you made the most out of the gym and I hope did not miss out on the sun at the pool - it is normally sunny in the morning and early afternoon. Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for short trip. The standard check in time is 3pm- slim chance to check in earlier. The hotel staffs are extremely helpful. Location wise: quite some distance to Orchard road, but it is fairly near to the botanical garden and Dempsey hill. Traveling to further places is not difficult to get cab from the hotel.
The restaurants in the hotel are good.

• Stayed: August 2013
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Traveller T,

Thank you very much for your review and glad to hear you had a great stay! My apologies if there was any delay in getting into your guestroom for an early arrival - we do our very best to accommodate guests as soon as possible. It very much depends on occupancy the previous night, but we do our best to make guests comfortable if they need to wait for their room. It is always helpful if we can communicate in advance and please do contact me directly upon your next visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a bit late reporting on this one but better late than never. I stayed at the Regent back in Feb 2010. The rooms are very clean and they use L'Occitane for their toiletries (Oh yea!). Room service was spot on and the food is not disappointing. Depending on your stay, I recommend the laundry service. I went to several clubs (the only one I remember is the Bonga bar) and I did some shopping. I found the best silver rings at the mall and they were very reasonable. I notice while there on business, the elderly are encourage to work. I thought that was awesome. I have never seen such clean streets in my life. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Also, if you hear a light bell tone, it is someone ringing your doorbell. I did get a chance to enjoy a massage and I must say it was one of the best I have experienced.

Room Tip: If you reserve a taxi to transport you to the airport, be sure to be downstairs on time. They meter...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hairgood,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed our L'Occitane amenities, the food in the hotel and Singapore in general. I would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Regent in the very near future!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights. I paid for a hotel limousine pickup at airport and was greeted happily and courteously by my driver and driven quietly to the hotel in a clean quiet Mercedes sedan, offered chilled water and adjusted aircon. Very appreciated. The hotel reception was courteous and smiling and helpful..quick processing. The room was large with street view, the decor was very pleasant and the bed and linen blissfully comfortable. The breakfast buffet was varietal with endless coffee supplied. The restaurants serve excellent food. 4 fast lifts service this large hotel which has numerous comfortable lounge areas to enjoy on the ground floor. Close to bus service, Orchard Road, adjacent Tanglin Mall. Pool and gym (pvte) not glamourous but adequate. Spa on premises. Would stay here again..very comfortable.

Room Tip: Look for bargains in Booking.com.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Chris V,

Thank you very much sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the hotel and all its services and it is wonderful that you plan to return! I would look forward to assisting you on your next visit and I hope we can make things all the more special on your next stay.