“Business trip the best at Regent!!!!”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #22 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Superb location, beautiful food and great great service!!!!
The Hotel is old style looking but the engine is like latest Maserati....brilliant welcome from the front office even late check in and the rest of the experience was fantastic !!!

Room Tip: Try to stay at Club floor!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GiancarloBar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrived at the Regent at 1:30am from a 24 hour flight from Monroe Louisiana USA. I was told, which I knew, my room would not be ready till 3pm. WOW, long time. I was in Singapore for the Horse Races. We usually go to the track in the early morning to photograph the workouts and then eat breakfast. I asked when do the horse people come down to go to the track. I was told 3:30-4am. That was good I just got on the bus and went to the track for morning workouts.
Upon returning to the Hotel at 8:30am, the front desk surprised me and told me my room was ready. The front desk people, ALL the People, at the Regent, were terrific. The lobby was awesome. Plenty of restaurants and shops, located close to a mall. The taxi rides are very cheap. Easy to get around.
The rooms were large with desk, internet, and flat screen TV. View was good. People from the Regent checked in on me to make sure I was OK with the room.
I would recommend the Regent for a stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Arrived early, after a red eye flight. The front desk staff was very helpful. Allowed me to use the gym and showers while preparing my room for an early check in. Hotel lobby and restaurant looks great. The room was not much to write home about. For a five star hotel and the price the rooms are outdated. The location is good easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Great service rooms are dated
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Thankyou to Singapore Turf Club for choosing The Regent as the hotel for us to stay during our recent 2 week visit for International race meeting.Beautiful hotel,well situated within walking distance to Orchard Rd.Rooms large and even building works across the road didn"t interrupt my stay.Staff courteous and helpful.Love the floral displays in lobby and the Oriental artefacts.Food was top class also.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

It took me some three attempts before I managed to make a booking for the high tea buffet at the Tea Lounge, Regent Hotel.

The only disadvantage that I feel is the short seating time of 2.5 hours just because the hotel would like to reap in a greater crowd and possibly to accommodate the demand.

Our family of 7 was delighted with the service and the fragrant teas that were served here. The flexibility for us to taste different teas was a nice change from Shangri-la Hotel which required guests to top up a fee in order to taste different types of tea, which I thought was a little exacting. Ambience was pleasant and while the pianist was not completely engaging, it was a nice touch.

The spread was quite extensive but its standard was commendable. The carving section boasts of Wagyu beef, which is great, and smoked salmon and some duck. The duck was a tad too tough and has a rather strong fowl smell. Well, this could be a personal preference. The Yorkshire pudding, though, appeared to be deep fried and oil was oozing in the mouth at first bite. This is rather unusual, and not too pleasant.

However the cheese board has a few selections and went really well with the wafer thin crackers that were available. The Kikorangi Blue and
Wensleydale with Cranberries were delightful.

In addition, there was ample serving of tuna tataki and smoked salmon. If the tuna tataki had been freshly seared on the spot, it might taste even better. There was a range of caviar available, but I passed it since it is an item which does not agree with my palette.

The highlights of the asian section are the chicken satay and laksa. The meat of the former was tender and aromatic while the latter was fragrant though a little spicy - it bears semblance of the authentic laksa taste and is served with a generous helping of prawns.

In the section of sweets, the scones were wonderfully flaky in the middle and is accompanied by a wide range of jams, lemon cream, and clotted cream. If not for the other food items beckoning, I would have had more!

There was a small section for chocolate fondue and cakes came in an assortment of creme brulee (yummy), panna cotta, chocolate cake, cheese cake, lemon tart, just to name a few. The macarons won my heart both in appearance and in taste. I was too filled up to try their crepes and waffles but had a go at the yuzu ice-cream which was tastes sweet before the sour creeps in. I guess this helps to neutralise the gluttony journey! The tea complement these sweets so well. I had the italian panettone tea and managed to taste a few others, among which rose tea was another good selection to go with it.

Although the high tea buffet was a little pricey at $48/-++ the quality of the food and the service is well worth it!

I look forward to greater excellence in your menu at the Tea Lounge!

Room Tip: Book a table in advance if you should be going down.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Saying that, this is only my second time in Singapore. Last time I stayed at Traders and was underwhelmed - small room and lousy service.
This was totally different - big room and great service.
My only issue with the place was the pervasive smell of damp in the room...now I know this is down to the fact that the country is indeed a very humid place - but I have stayed in several humid countries and they seem to get around this issue.
Bar prices were steep, but the room service food was excellent.
Great location for my work visits.
I would consider it again, but I would like to try a couple of others on my next visits.

1  Thank Blellum
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an extremely pleasant five night stay at The Regent and really can't complain about anything. The room was quiet - didn't hear any of the building works going on across the road, the view was nice and leafy, the bed was huge and cosy, the hotel foyer is lovely and the room service was good too. Good location for a walk down Orchard Road or to the Botantical Gardens and there are nice shops and cafes (especially Hediards) nearby. Train station isn't quite as close as I'd like but still not too far and taxis were easy to catch out the front. Staff all fantastic. Pool area is a bit basic/dull but bathrooms were great (they let us shower and change as we arrived hours before check-in time) and water so cooling in that muggy heat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family