“excellent service..”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #22 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Not my first choice but that one was full and regent seemed to be a choice, giving me a chance to stay in this hotel chain for the first time, very good experience indeed.
I landed 5:30 am and arrived for check in 6:30 am, having nowhere to go and our room wasn't ready that early, we were allowed to go into the pool changing room for a shower,sunbath and gym room too...after the flight and being so tired i was so touched. Even I didn't have my room keys yet and it was like 7 am they made me feel like home. Wow!
I ended up spending 2 hours for sunbath before there was something open outside so that I could go out for breakfast and sightseeing...

O yeah, I forgot to bring my iPad charger and hotel staff were very helpful, they recharged my iPad every day and got it sent to my room, what more I could ask for? The breakfast was superb, w a wide range of selection, nice coffee, nice tea...

I would definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vicki c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you held an 80's retro party I could not think of a better place. The public areas are large and "lavish" in an 80's kind of way. That however has other advantages - the rooms are big and the place is very comfortable and well maintained.The service is also very good. A quick break by the pool (not the best pool as its overlooked by the restaurant and the pool surrounds feel a bit enclosed in concrete but the pool itself is OK) saw cool face towels, ice water with lemon and even a small ice cream arriving unbidden.
I upgraded to the Executive Floor which was worth it - with breakfast, internet and evening drinks and snacks. Again service was very good.
The location is off the Orchard Road shopping strip. Its a 10 minute walk - but beware that can be a hike if its hot or raining - both are which are basically givens in Singapore in November.
That should normally make it quieter - but there is a big construction site next door. Didn't worry me in particular but it was loud in the middle of the day.
There are a few nearby bars and restaurants but this is not the nighlife center of Singapore - try Clarkes Quay for that.
Overall - quite good value for the comfort and service - but beware the construction next door if that annoys you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in Nov 2012. From the moment you arrive from the airport you are met with 1st class service. The rooms are large and very upmarket and the mini bar is one of the best stocked I have seen in an hotel. The location is right on the end of Orchard road so shopping is right round the corner and a train station is a matter of minutes walk away. The Orchard gardens are 10 mins walk away and is a must see in Singapore.Judging by the amount of Ferrarri's the hotel is popular with the locals as well. Nothing was too much bother for the staff even arranging champagne and a little cake to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a little bit of the good life whilst enjoying the location as well. The breakfast was everything anyone could want. My only little complaint was that they were refurbing the floor below us and whilst the noise etc was kept to a minimum it did detract from what would have been a perfect stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Regent is one of the older hotels in Singapore, and you can tell by its structure - hotel rooms are arranged in a square, overlooking the spacious lobby. Newer hotels, constrained by space, are often crammed into tiny corridors to maximise the number of rooms.

Despite the slight wear and tear to the facade, the hotel is nonetheless extremely comfortable and provides excellent creature comforts.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and I especially liked that L'occitane products are provided in the bathroom.

The restaurants are also excellent choices. While they may be pricey (you can get much cheaper food options if you walk out to Tanglin Mall), the food is delicious. My family and I ate at Basilico for brunch and we all loved the enormous Italian spread. The many cheeses available are a rarity in Singapore and if you're a dairy-fan, it's a must-try. The Chinese restaurant Summer Palace also produces exquisite and comforting Chinese fare.

The one standout feature of this hotel for me has to be the pool, or rather the pool service. Most 5-star hotels in Singapore boast of a pool, and while the one at Regent is not big, and has a rather strange and sudden drop off into the deep end, the service was by far, the best I've experienced. The staff are incredibly attentive - bringing guests water and cut fruits on a regular basis. I saw one staff go out of his way to help a guest in a wheelchair take a dip, while another helped a clueless dad hunt down a hairband to tie his daughter's hair. Smiles were never in short supply.

The one thing that perhaps works against this hotel is its location. For guests who prefer a quieter location, far away from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road, this is the hotel for you. My family and I were hoping to do the odd bit of shopping, but options were scant. You can take a 15-minute walk to the heart of Orchard Road, or catch a bus. We decided to stay in and enjoy the hotel instead.

All in, this is a great hotel to stay in, although prices are rather steep.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool-facing room if possible. the cheapest rooms face the back of Tanglin Mall with its ai...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I would say is a disappointed stay with very lousy service. I thought it is a 2 or 3 star hotel. Service standard of the staffs is totally disappointed. While you are carrying a lot of things they don't even offer to help at all. Inflexibility too.
Not recommended at all. There are lotsa better service hotel around the corner. Please think twice.

Room Tip: lobby is nice but the rest is definately no go
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schnider77
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Schnider77,

I would very much like the opportunity to understand what occurred during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the highest possible level of service and it is very disappointing if any customer is dissatisfied. Please do contact me directly at jeff.rednour@fourseasons.com.

Kind regards,

Jeff Rednour
Hotel Manager
Regent Singapore

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and myself totally enjoyed this hotel for its beauty, hospitality and perfect location.
We also enjoyed the restaurant facilities at the hotel particularily the Indian Restaurant upstairs.
The food was delicious and the service impeccable. The room was large, clean and decorated very classy. Maid service was prompt and friendly.
The lobby was artistically decorated with a huge Orchid display. Friendly, English speaking efficient front desk staff.
The hotel is located a short distance from Orchard Rd, where we found every thing available to our needs, coffee, sushi, shopping at some of the high end stores and various underground malls at every subway stop. We felt very safe walking through the streets of this impressive city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The location in a "quite" part of Singapore, around Tanglin Area. It was lovely place for business trip, because we could have some good rest after a hectic day. And I really loved the food from room service (I was too tired to go outside the hotel). Good price, huge portion (it could be shared for 2 persons, while I was alone), great taste

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business