“MOTHER & DAUGHTER VISIT TO NOVOTEL CLARKE QUAY”

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
Ranked #73 of 306 Hotels in Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (935)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed in the Novetel Clarke Quay on the 9th until the 12th of November and were very impressed by the overall value offered at this hotel, you are getting a hotel in the absolute best location possible in my opinion. Clarke Quay is so vibrant and fun, the hotel is literally in the heart of the hot spot of town. The pool is very nice, excellent day beds for a quick snooze and tan in the sun. And the buffett breakfast is amazing. The breakfast staff were really friendly. The concierge were great, helped us out with our bags and directions throughout our stay. I really have only good things to say about this hotel, it impressed us!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicko_jess
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Dear nicko_jess,

Thank You and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay on your next visit again.

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Perhaps this hotel used to have bad management, but those bad reviews seemed to be of another hotel than the one I stayed at. It was very clean, especially after staying at a run-down Hotel 81 on my last stay.

The location is fantastic, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The minibar was nicely stocked with things like mini bags of Lays chips and juices, and more reasonably priced than what I've seen in other hotels. The bathtub was no frills, but clean and comfortable.

The reception desk people were very friendly and efficient, especially Joanna (sp?) I love their option to express checkout. My room was pretty quiet (I had the normal, non-standard room).

If I had to give some constructive criticism, it would be that the room service food was awful in the extreme, and I felt very ill half the night after it. The basil penne just seemed to have a ton of chopped, funky basil and a gallon of oil, with some half-hearted sundried tomatoes and veggies tossed in. The spring rolls just smelled and tastes really off. Also, it took us over 15 minutes to be served in the Rouge bar, and we had to almost yell at the waitress as she was actively ignoring us. We were the only ones there and she was facing us, but was ringing something up forever.

I've stayed at other Accor hotels where the food was weak, so I wonder if this is a problem from "the top". There are so many food options in and around the hotel (I recommend the food court on the first floor of the mall under the hotel, or the Japanese in the basement) I was dumb to order room service anyway.

Oh, by the way, the concierge was very helpful with keeping my luggage, pulling it out so I could put my shopping in my suitcase and putting it back, and even giving me an umbrella with no charge. They also were very on point about getting me a taxi.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 28, 2010
Dear powerrose,

We very much value your comments via TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay on your next visit again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

It's a good hotel for the price and location. Staff were also helpful.
Downsides: the special deal which involved discounts to Universal studios, etc was not properly specified that we need to go to an office at a separate location to get these offers. We figured that paying for the to-fro taxi ride was not worth the 5% discount offered. Also, the staff did not confirm the updating of my A-Club points. They don't seem to take the A-Club affiliation seriously. Other than that, its a pretty good hotel per se.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Mdm,

In relation to the discounted attraction tickets, guests are advised to produce their hotel key card to enjoy special privileges and offers at these attractions. We apologized for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding the status of your A-Club points, we would appreciate if you could contact the hotel directly at H5993@accor.com so we can investigate, follow up and also clarify some details further in relation to you’re A-Club points.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have just spent 2 nights there with my partner in a 'superior room'.

I first stayed at the Novotel 3 years ago and quite enjoyed the experience, and was quite bemused to read the many negative comments here, so I was apprehensive about booking a room, but now I am glad I did.

Check in was flawless and took a few minutes. The staff couldn't be more courteous.
Check out was again flawless, smiling staff, no problem.

The room was clean, nice bathroom with separate bath (with shower) and shower, and toiletries provided. The TV was small yes, but that was a minor point.

The bed was very, very comfortable, and despite the fact we didn't leave until about 1400 on the first morning, when we returned the room was completely made up, everything replaced.

The rooms aren't huge, but it's Singapore and that is just the way it is, but my girlfriend who is Thai and has very high standards said she liked it a lot.

We stayed at the Park Hotel just across last time, but it was booked out/too expensive, and in hindsight, the rooms are nowhere as good as the Novotel.

Great location, eat in Liang Court on the ground floor, buy what you need in the 7/11, it's just too good.

Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear Petemcc,

We very much appreciate your comments via TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay. Thank You for your compliments as we strive to render the best hospitality experience to all our guests.

In regards to your feedback on the television, we are pleased to advise that all our TVs are currently being upgraded to a minimum of 32 inch to 40 inch, depending on room category.