Perhaps this hotel used to have bad management, but those bad reviews seemed to be of another hotel than the one I stayed at. It was very clean, especially after staying at a run-down Hotel 81 on my last stay.
The location is fantastic, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The minibar was nicely stocked with things like mini bags of Lays chips and juices, and more reasonably priced than what I've seen in other hotels. The bathtub was no frills, but clean and comfortable.
The reception desk people were very friendly and efficient, especially Joanna (sp?) I love their option to express checkout. My room was pretty quiet (I had the normal, non-standard room).
If I had to give some constructive criticism, it would be that the room service food was awful in the extreme, and I felt very ill half the night after it. The basil penne just seemed to have a ton of chopped, funky basil and a gallon of oil, with some half-hearted sundried tomatoes and veggies tossed in. The spring rolls just smelled and tastes really off. Also, it took us over 15 minutes to be served in the Rouge bar, and we had to almost yell at the waitress as she was actively ignoring us. We were the only ones there and she was facing us, but was ringing something up forever.
I've stayed at other Accor hotels where the food was weak, so I wonder if this is a problem from "the top". There are so many food options in and around the hotel (I recommend the food court on the first floor of the mall under the hotel, or the Japanese in the basement) I was dumb to order room service anyway.
Oh, by the way, the concierge was very helpful with keeping my luggage, pulling it out so I could put my shopping in my suitcase and putting it back, and even giving me an umbrella with no charge. They also were very on point about getting me a taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel