I am staying for 3 nights. Singapore is not a cheap city, so don't expect to pay budget price for hotels there. However, I think the price I paid is quite decent for the value I received in this hotel.
I checked-in early and was being upgraded from Superior room to a much larger Executive room and was being given complimentary extra bed for my son. I also had a free internet as part of Advantage Plus member benefit.
Check-in was swift, hotel is clean and nice. Bathroom is functional. Bedding are quite comfortable with nice and comfy pillow.
The executive room comes with nespresso machine.
I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast. It looks a very good value and cost $30 (50% off for 2 person eating for Accor Adv Plus member!). However, I tried the bar and watched some World Cup football there. The bar food was good and very good value but the waiters/bartender were not too pleasant. He missed out our order several times and have a very strong and heavy accented english)
On the second day of my stay, I had problem with the cleaning guy whom didn't do job properly. Glasses are not being cleaned up, tissues not being restocked and carpets obviously not being cleaned.
I had also problem with my electronic room lock, which wasn't functioning well and it keeps us locked-out for half-an-hour while waiting for the technician to fix it. But I guess it is not their mistake.
Aside of that, I can't find any other significant flaw.
Excellent location in Clarke Quay if you like bar-hopping
10 minutes walk to Clarke Quay MRT station, but looks like they are building a new station (Ft Canning Park) just across from the hotel, which will be really nice
Nice food option on the adjacent mall (full of Japanese restaurant and Noodle bar)
Can't think too much except the cleaning issue and slight issue with the bartender/waiter
My kudos to Felicia Chan in Front Office who genuinely taking care of us very well by providing free upgrade and free extra bed. This is a big plus service in Singapore!
I would recommend this hotel !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel