We stayed there during Dec for a weekend trip to attend to a wedding. The location is great with a lot of happenings around. However I was with my 2 small kids so it didn't really matter to me...
We requested a connecting room so it will be easier to take care of the kids obviously but then the doors couldn't be opened. We called the Front Desk asking for help but nobody came to help until we had to leave the rooms - we can't just stay there half a day and wait for them to fix something can't we? So we left the room assuming the doors will be fixed by the time we came back from dinner. Then funny things happened... Obviously we came back after dinner and the doors were still not fixed! Okay so I had my wife to call the Front Desk again while I went and take a shower with my son. Then there was a tiny fly flew by my eyes and I was like "Holy cow there was one fly...". AND THEN, I looked up the ceiling and there were like 20-30 more flies walking on the ceiling!!!! I immediately closed the bathroom door and worried that the flies will go out to the bedroom but it was too late already. There were some of them on the bed and on the ceiling already so we called the Duty Manager and told her something is definitely not right for this room. A lady picked up the phone and she said she will send someone over. So we waited and waited for 10 minutes, it was getting late the the kids are getting sleepy. I called again and she said someone was "on his way". Okay so I waited for another 10 minutes and then a staff showed up and he said he was there to fix the connecting rooms door!!!! OMG I told him there was a bigger problem now and I showed him where the flies were. He told me calmly that there was nothing he could do when I requested a room change. So he left, I called the Duty Manager again and I told her she has under estimated what was happening in the room and I requested her to come to see things herself RIGHT AWAY. Obviously she did not show up until another 10 minutes later. I was dead tired by then and I didn't have any gas left in the tank to argue with her or to ask for any kind of compensation. I just asked her to please switch the room for us - which her did except it was not a connecting room, but by then who cares right... At least my new room is flies free... Yay....~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel