“best location for night life”

Ranked #78 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (6,448)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is on a strip where bars, clubs, shops and restaurants are open but my room was quiet and noise was not an issue.Price was very reasonable for rhe location. My room got great view of Marina Bay, it was large and very well maintained. Staff were helpfull. Given the central location and friendly service I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Am an Accor Advantage customer but I didnt seem to be at an advantage in any way. Requested an early check-in was denied, the rooms were not even close to the expectations. The staff at the reception on the 7th floor were very rude and arrogant. Wi-fi which is a basic for a business hotel was charged. The television looked old like ages ago and the channels on it were so unclear despite the HD technology existing in almost every hotel room these days. The room telephone connections were loose and had hell of a time with the same. Though from the same group of hotels, I would suggest Grand Mercure at Roxy Square, though far from the city, every penny's gonna be worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Valued Advantage Plus Member,

Greetings from the Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Firstly let me apologise that your stay was not up to your expectations. As an Advantage Plus member we try very hard to ensure our loyal members are treated with the VIP service that you expect from the loyalty program.

Although we try very hard to extend extra services like early arrival, sometimes due to very high occupancy levels, we unfortunately cannot offer early check in service for all our guests. I am sorry that this additional service was not granted and I trust you understand our challenges with this.

I am very interested to find out which room you stayed in so we can shut it down to investigate your comments. I am very disappointed that this room was in the state you mention and we are very keen to look into this further. You can email me on h5993-gm1@accor.com so we can discuss this further with you.

I was also disappointed to read your comments about our professional staff on reception. We normally receive very positive feedback about our staff so to hear your comments is very disappointing and something I will raise at our next staff meeting. We will ensure we use this in a constructive manner. Thank you.

Hopefully I will hear from you soon.

Regards,

Rhys Challenger
Resident Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We got a free upgrade from an executive room to suite. With nice view overlooking the clark quay and MBS.

Generally the Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location for parties and shopping.. Near but not in the middle of busy orchard road. Price is also very resonable for it's location. Just next to Clark Quay where you get food and pub and right above Liang Court Shopping and just short walk along the river to reach MRT.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2012

this is my second stay at this hotel this year and it was more dissapointing than the first.

I had with me my 2 young children in this stay and in my visit in August 2012, the hot water wasn't working. the service technicians came twice but it could not be fixed. So after 3-4 hours where my kids could not shower and the stay interrupted with technicians walking in and out of the room, they decided to change the room for me.

From checkin at 2pm, I did not manage to enjoy or settle down till around 7pm. The manager in charge then, Ms Marina then reluctantly gave us dinner on the house. It was obvious from her facial expression that she was displeased that she had to offer this resolution.

I thought I would give the hotel another chance and went again the weekend before christmas. This time, the air conditioner and the DVD player were broken down.

Once again, after my baby woke up in sweat in the hot and stuffy room, we were once again made to change rooms. And you would think that would be the end of my woes.

In the new room, the DVD player was STILL NOT WORKING!

To end the trip, I requested for a complimentary parking ticket which guests are entitled to. And once again the service staff gave a displeased "don't bother me" look.

Looks like I won't be renewing my membership with this hotel anymore.

2  Thank iamadvisor

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is through guest feedback like this where we can use your comments constructively to assist in improving our hotel product.

Firstly let me apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during both your stays with us. I was disappointed to read that the same issues were reoccurring. I can assure you that this is an area that we have very good preventative maintenance procedures so to have these comments, is very surprising but disappointing for the team. We are sorry for this. Our procedures include checking every room every day through our house keeping and engineering teams to ensure all rooms are ready for our guests.

Although we are undergoing major maintenance work within our air conditioning and water systems we understand that our guests comfort and happiness is our main concern. Therefore we are doing everything we can to ensure our guests are not inconvenienced during this process.

Again, let me apologise for your discomfort during your stay. I am also very disappointed to read your comments about our staff attitude. This is an area where we normally get very good comments in general. However we understand at times in a very busy and vibrant hotel like ours, that sometimes our staff have the guests interests too much on their mind and may come across 'impatient' however this is not how the staff feel. We have very productive staff and we are very proud of them. We will ensure however that they remember why they are here and that is to satisfy our guests with friendly service also.

We would love to discuss this further with you so we can welcome you back to show you that very have a very good hotel with even better staff.

If you would like to contact me on h5993-gm1@accor.com and I will ensure you are looked after during your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback and I trust we will see you again in the near future.

Regards,