We booked this hotel through ratestogo.com.
We paid a deposit through the website but when we got to the hotel, they made us pay 20% on top of what the invoice stated claiming it was local taxes and room service.
The website and invoice had a disclaimer about local taxes and service charges but it no different to other hotels we've booked before and we've never been charged extra. If the hotel will charge more than advertised, they should also say what the extra cost may be.
Since then, having complained to ratestogo.com, we have recovered the taxes charged as the Novotel has admitted the advertised fee at the time of our booking included the taxes, but we're still wondering what the 10% charged on top for "room service" was about. We settled the account before we got the rooms, so I'm wondering what sort of room service they charged us for.
If the invoice mess up wasn't enough, there was the room configuration problem. On the website the room was advertised as suitable for 2 adults and 2 children but when we got there the only thing they could offer us was a room with a king size bed and 2 extra king single beds. Our room was large but with the two extra beds, there wasn't much room to move about.
Then there was the noise every night up to 5am or so. We didn't investigate the origin of the loud music but it sounded like there was a night club somewhere in the hotel. We were on the 13th floor so I can't imagine how people on lower levels slept at night.
We can't say it's not a nice hotel. It's also clean and in a nice location, but the problems experienced with the bill and the room configuration, plus the nightly noise, were enough to spoil part of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Accorhotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel