“Nice hotel at a great location”

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
Ranked #77 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 20, 2008

We stayed in Novotel Clarke Quay last week starting from January 12 till 15th Jan.The most important thing is for me is that the rooms are clean.The hotel is in a great location that very near to MRT(metro) and easy walk to Clarke Quay-Singapore river-full with cafes,bars,restaurants.10 minutes to Chinatown.The stuff at the reception was ok.Not really smiling faces though!! The stuff where we had the breakfast were very friendly and kind.We fly with Singapore airlines which I definitely suggest to everyone.It was so comfartable.Shortly,if you want to discover the city all day and have a peaceful stay in a clean hotel Novotel Clarke Quay is great.It is not a hotel that you want to stay in whole day though!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank SaraDubai

Reviewed January 17, 2008

Great Hotel with great pool in great location......BUT staff was a bit rude and unfriendly during our checkin and checkout. I stayed there as an Advantage Plus Member and my night was complimentary so they didn't think I deserve the Novotel hospitality!!! Despite this, they didn't spoil our stay as we had a great time. It's walking distance to Chinatown, all the restaurants and pubs in Clarke Quays, MRT is about 5-7 minutes walk, The rooms are big and great for family with young children. However, the shopping complex (Daimaru) next to the hotel is being renovated so expect some construction dusts and noises around the area. The hotel reception is on the 7th floor. so you have to hop on to 2 sets of lifts before you get to your room which is not funny when you have 6 luggages to tag along to check out!!! Overall, it's an experience at the Novotel as I have never stayed before but I won't stay at this hotel again simply because it's not conveniently located.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank Bibsterina
Reviewed January 9, 2008

I stayed here with 6 friends. Only knowing it was close to water we did not know what to expect.

The hotel has been recently done up. All very clean and modern. All of the rooms were great with everything you need. All of the staff were very friendly and very funny.

Saturday night was our arrival and we came to find the whole of Clarke Quay lit up with lights and busselling with people.

Newly renovated Clarke Quay is unreal. Very modern with crazy artwork everywhere. A whole undercover city with about 4-5 streets all leading into one central area dominated by a huge circular fountain.

All of the streets are filled with resteraunts, bars and clubs. A stand out has got to be the Ministry of Sound club!

Great area for young travellers!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank rose_e86
Reviewed January 9, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the Novotel hotel for 3 days to celebrate new years. The hotels location is excellent as it's right at clarke quay which is a pretty happening area. Lots and lots of restaurants and night clubs, shopping close by too. Also, if you like eating different, exotic cuisines, Clarke Quay is the place to be! It has everything from Balinese to Moroccan. We weren't sure whether we should stay here or in a hotel on Orchard Road, but were so glad we chose this place instead because its not AS crowded and noisy as hotels on orchard road. Also, it's just abt 5-7 minutes by taxi to Orchard Road and hardly costs anything so I thought it was worth it. The hotel is situated above a shopping mall which was undergoing renovation at the time. The construction noise could only be heard when we were taking the elevator upstairs. Could barely hear anything from the rooms so no complaints there.

The hotel itself is very clean and done up well. There is a lobby at the ground floor where they will take care of your luggage. Check-in is on the 7th floor. Didn't find this inconvenient at all. Staff was extremely friendly too. We had a problem with our suitcase (the zip was stuck) and we called the reception who sent someone up immediately to fix it. Very prompt service as well. The rooms are pretty big and comfortable as is the bathroom. I thought it was very stylishly done up. There was a DVD player, mini bar and in-room safe as well. We only had breakfast at the hotel as it was included in our package. Very nice spread, but it was SO crowded! I don't know if it's always that packed, or if it was just like that because it was new years weekend, but there is actually at least a 5 minute wait for most people (I noticed that the later you go, the more crowded it gets). And because its so crowded, the tables are put within 3 inches of each other so you can actually eat off the other persons plate! A little awkward when you know the people next to you can hear every word you're saying (not to mention they can see every thing you're eating)!

The only odd thing I noticed was that every day, the fire alarm would go off. It wasn't noisy or anything, just a few second beeping noise, but I did get worried at first. After about a minute, they announced that they were investigating the situation and not to panic. And after another minute, they would say it was a false alarm. Now this happened all three days we were there. Maybe they were just checking it to make sure it worked, or maybe something was wrong with their system, but I don't think you should be too alarmed if it does go off when you're there!

The pool was nice, but couldn't go to the gym because of the renovations. They did say we could use the gym in the apartment or something next door, but we didn't. Other than that, our stay at Novotel was great and I have no real complaints. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore as the location was amazing and I'd also stay there again if I ever visit Singapore. (In fact, I've already told my dad to stay there on his next trip). Excellent choice!

Stayed: January 2008
9  Thank travelguyandgirl26
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Very nice hotel, very conveniently located at Clarke Quay. Excellent service, lovely room, with nice toiletries. Very good breakfast buffet with lots of choice. Very nice breakfast staff. The bathroom was lovely. Clean room. This will be our hotel in Singapore from now on.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Linklater
Reviewed January 7, 2008

I booked the room on the Novotel website months prior and got a great rate. Overall, the Novotel was a great hotel to stay at.

We booked a superior room and was upgraded to a deluxe. I would highly recommend this for families. There were two double beds and a sofabed. The rooms were very spacious with balcony and a big bathroom with separate shower.

The hotel buffet looked great although we did not eat there.

The location was fabulous. It was a short cabride to almost everywhere we wanted to go. The subway was close by, about a 5 minute walk, and there were shopping malls very close by. The restaurants by Clarke Quay were a bit expensive but had a good variety of choices.

There were two small complaints. First, as others have mentioned, the drain in the sink makes a pretty loud sound, like the bathroom is being flooded. Second, the location can be a bit noisy. We stayed on the 15th floor facing the park and not the Clarke Quay area, but I was still able to hear cars honking at night. Not super noisy, but audible.

Overall, it was great, and the price was good. The place was clean and had free water bottles, coffee maker, fridge and tons of amenities. The pool was also awesome.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank hatster31
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Nice hotel, clean, friendly and comfortable. Extra bonus was the dvd player in the room.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends