“Not up to 5* rating overall quality poor.Location shocking !!!”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #20 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Queensland
“Not up to 5* rating overall quality poor.Location shocking !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

Stayed for 4 nights to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary with my wife after several weeks in Europe on route back to Australia. Made mention of anniversary at check in advised bottle of wine would be sent to room okay with this, was also advised we would be upgraded to club room with NO priveleges, this room was exactly same as we had paid for (Premier deluxe) only difference was bathroom toiletries big deal !!.We found bedding was feather filled and as my wife is a acute astmatic contacted staff to see if we could have this changed ,no problems with this at all, also advised staff at this time that we had cockroaches in the room to be told they dont have them at Pan Pacific Orchard as if they did not believe us.The staff called to the room to change the bedding and again commented that they do not have cockroaches at this hotel I took them into the bathroom where 2 cockraches where having a great time in the shower they immediately began to spray Mortein ( why have this if they dont have cockroach problem?) The room stank from the insect spray and I asked if we could be moved as my wife would severly react to the spray due to her asthma. We waited approx half an hour but we did get moved one floor up to exactly the same room configuration we note that we did not incur any insects in this room during our stay.I tried to make a cup of tea we found only 1 tea bag that we could drink and 2 mimiscual pots of milk I called housekeeping to ask for extra tea bags and milk, an attendee arrived 20 minutes later with only 2 tea bags and no milk I gave up so we went out and purchased our own at the local store. To my wifes horror in order to get to the store we had to pass numerous prostitutes trading their wares in the street and found out from store owner that the area is well noted for this .Disgusted that this 5* hotel was in such a location thank god we had no children with us.Back in the room the wine had arrived it was red ( we do not drink red wine at all) no corkscrew was provided to open this anyway. On Tuesday I went down to complain to the receptionists abouth the problems we had experienced they did not seem concerned but said they would pass on my comments. I saw a chap from the restaurant in the lobby and had a chat with him, it turned out he was the Manager of the restaurant and he was not impressed what we had incurred and offered my wife and I a meal on him at the restaurant to try to make amends but this was not his fault. We could not however take him up on this offer as my wife was ill for 2 days and was unable to leave the hotel and could not eat very much we had to order in toast to the room as this was all she could palate.During my wifes time in the room the phone rang at the most inconvenient times both day and night when I contacted reception on more than one occasion re this was advised no-one had called the room !!! On the morning of our check out my wife went to finalise the bill whilst I waited for a cab outside to go direct to the airport, she noticed a suited male hovering behind her while she was settling up once she had completd this he approached her and advised he was Justin the hotel Manager and wanted to know if everyting was well with our stay, my wife just wanted to get out of there as she was not fully aware of my complaints to the staff. Why did this Manager not approach myself and why did he wait until after the bill was settled to make any enquiries I complained on the Tuesday and did not check out until the Friday !!!! We paid $300 Singapore per night for this hotel and was certainly shortchanged, overall standard not up to scratch with rooms and staff . Iwould not recommend this hotel to any couple or family a Businessman may find it acceptable as they would not be paying for it themselves.Would love to hear a responce from the hotel manager Justin direct as they have our email details from the booking confirmation to date nothinghas been received still waiting

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank unhappypilgrim
PanPacificPPSGO, Management at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 11, 2009
Dear unhappypilgrim

Thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you and your wife encountered during your stay with us. We regret that we have fallen short of your expectations.

I agree that you deserve nothing but the best when staying in a five-star property. It is indeed comforting to know that you care enough to highlight this as it has given us an opportunity to correct our shortcomings.

We acknowledge your comments and agree that we should have attended to your needs with more urgency and care. Please rest assured that we are working with our pest management company regarding this isolated incident.

With regard to the complimentary wine for your 25th Wedding Anniversary, your preference should have been asked upon check-in and a wine opener sent up with the wine. This would have avoided any inconvenience to you.

We are sincerely regretful of your experience and wish to share that it is certainly not in line with the level of service that we strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard and I am glad that the hotel has been in contact with you since your departure.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit to Singapore. Please feel free to contact me at mlosi@panpacific.com if Pan Pacific Orchard can be of further assistance.

Warmest regards

Mark Losi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

Good business hotel with amenities you want during any business trip.

good food with no extra frills which is required.

ciao
ronak

• Liked — business amenitities
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Pune in India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

My daughter and me stayed at Pan Pacific Orchard, called the Negara on Claymore on our 1st business trip to Singapore. This Hotel is quite classy, though we found the Lobby quite dark. It seems Europeans prefer it this way. The location was quite central, whithin walking distance of Orchard Road. The breakfast was really good, and since we were there for 4 days, we could sample all the different cuisines offered a la carte at the Complimentary breakfast. rooms were good, though dark, again. Staff was efficient & friendly. All in all, we had quite a nice time here.

• Liked — Very classy and quiet
  • Disliked — All good
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Situated behind Orchard Road yet within walking distance to all shopping mecca and eating places along Orchard Road. The nearest MRT station is at Orchard MRT, just 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Have a huge indoor and save place to park your car. The room is spacious and clean where the furnitures are new. In evening, housekeeping staff came to rrom to inquire whether need any services that was after housekeeping was done in the afternoon. Personal touch during check in and check out. It is advisable to have breakfast to be included as it is rather difficult to get breakfast around Orchard Road say 7 in the morning. Ah, yes, the water in the swimming pool is mineral water!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I got an awesome rate of 165 Singapore Dollars at the hotel counter at the airport. The going rate is always 200 plus, but at the hotel desk at the airport you always get the best deals. The staff was very nice and helpful. No internet or breakfast included, but you can have a great breakfast in SG for less than S$5 and internet is now free everywhere in Singapore. The place is right behind Orchard Towers at the west end of Orchard Rd.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnFoster68
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

Just like to share my experience staying at Pan Pacific Orchard on 14 April.

I was quite impressed by the sit-down check in counter, especially after after a long haul flight but I wonder if the hotel can cope if a big group checks in at any one time. The recept girls were polite & friendly with smiles. I requested for a quiet and non-smoking room and this was arranged without any hassle.

I recommend this hotel for anyone who is planning to do a fair share of shopping in Singapore. There is a high fashion shopping mall behind the hotel called Palais with brand names like DKNY. Just the right way to shop - drop your shopping bags in your room & off you go for another round of shopping down Orchard Road! Speaking of brand names, the rooms are stocked with Loccitaine toiletries so that’s a big PLUS.

I would definitely return to this Hotel, on my return trip to Singapore. Not only for its amenities but the good location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

The hotel is well ocated on Orchard road , the happening place in singapore, you can stroll around entire day, with lot of shopping complex.
The Lobby is too good in Black Granite.
The rooms are cozy and comfortable.
The bathroom is a luxury with a lovely set in bath tub, and an additional superspeed shower.
The stay is very comfortable.

• Liked — Comfortable stay
  • Disliked — Notihing to mention
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business