“Great hotel”

Ranked #20 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Dallas, Texas
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms, great service. Lobby and check-in desk though are a bit odd. Lights in lobby were turned off when we arrived after midnight for check-in. Front desk is reminiscent of a receptionist stand at a hair salon...very small and cluttered. Fantastic breakfast buffet. Great bathrooms and great water pressure in shower. Couldn't have been a better place to stay.

Stayed July 2013
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore and appreciated the service our associates provided.

I will also share your compliments with our culinary team who will be glad to know that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast during your stay with us.

We have noted your feedback and will take definitely take them into consideration. Once again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kamen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a 2 week business trip for the first time.

The exterior and interior are quite modern and the rooms are nicely equipped and have a walk-in shower. The bed was extremly comfortable and there was little to no noise coming from outside in order to get a good night's sleep. Almost everything in the room worked perfectly and I had only one problem in my bathroom that turned out to be a big one: From the moment I arrived, I noticed that the toilet was clogged. I reported that immediately and had three visits from their facility management guys that all reported that the problem had been solved, however, without any success. After three unsuccessful tries and four days, I reported the problem at reception personally, had a fourth visit and was finally offered a new room on the executive floor after convincing the front desk staff that my toilet was unusable. Well, in my opinion, this problem could have been solved much quicker and with a little less hassle.

The breakfast experience was a huge disappointment. Both service and food quality were sub-standard for a hotel like this. In the breakfast area they do not even supply regular napkins, but only these little cocktail napkins that you usually get in a bar. The coffee was cold and despite the juice bar, the quality was also lower than expected.

The hotel is conveniently located right off Orchard Road, however, if you leave the hotel in the evening, make a left down to Orchard Road and pass Orchard Towers, be prepared to be approached by dozens of prostitutes. Well, this of course is something that cannot be influenced by the hotel, however, families with children should be aware of this.

Despite the room issue and the poor breakfast still 4 points. Why? Because a comparison to hotels in Singapore that I stayed at previously (Sheraton, Fairmont, Concorde, Mandarin Oriental) I would rate the Pan Pacific way behind the Mandarin Oriental, but almost on one level with the Fairmont regarding room standards and equipment.

Would I stay there again? Yes, because the location is quite convenient once you have passed Orchard Towers.

Room Tip: High floor room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our rejuvenated rooms and the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road. We apologize that we have fallen short of your expectations during your stay with us and wish to assure you that this is certainly not in line with the level of service that we are recognized for and continuously strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore.

We have indeed taken steps to ensure the inconveniences encountered during your stay do not repeat themselves. Our culinary team have also taken note of your feedback seriously to ensure the best dining experience possible for all our guests.

Should there be any other concerns, I would like to encourage you to contact me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or call +65 6831 6602 so I can personally address these.
We look forward to welcome you back with our signature Pacific hospitality in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a very good hotel. Location is excellent; two minutes walk from Orchard Rd and ten minute mosey from Orchard Rd MRT. Good 24 hour grocer next door. Some very colourful nightlife surrounding.
Rooms are clean and modern. Free wifi for GHA members. Nice pool and decent gym.
Staff were really pleasant, helpful and efficient.
Paid between $80 and $100 Aussie per night less than the Shangri-la which was very realistic pricing.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay. We are glad you enjoyed the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road and the convenience of a 24hour grocer next door.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciate the rejuvenation of our hotel and continue to support us as a GHA member. I will definitely share your wonderful comments with my staff.
We are truly thankful for your support and we look forward to being of service to you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Highly recommended! Great breakfast. The friendly staff are always willing to help. The rooms and beds are very clean and comfortable. I have stayed there now 3 times and always love it! the location is good, close to Orchard road and shopping centres!

• Stayed July 2013
I am delighted to hear that you would love to recommend us! It’s great to hear from guests, such as yourself, who keep coming back to stay with us and lovely to hear that you enjoyed your experience here.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pan Pacific Orchard is an exceptional hotel. From the warm greeting as I arrived via taxi from the doormen, the fast & friendly check in - I was already trying to find an excuse to return to Singapore!
I also booked this hotel via phone with the rate of day special on hotel website and Eileen processed this swiftly with confirmation emailed straight away. I was really impressed.
The Room - really large, super comfy beds, beautiful pillows & spotlessly clean. Great shower & toiletry products. I was located near the lift & thought it was really quiet for a busy hotel.
Breakfast - excellent. The fresh juice bar was yum, loved the cereal display & selection. Enjoyed a delicious omelette & other hot sides. Attentive staff couldn't help enough - offering real espresso coffee a bonus. :)
I also enjoyed "high tea" in the afternoon in the foyer bar with unlimited tea & unlimited kway teow noodles. There were yummy looking scones, slices & cakes / sanwiches but I'm mostly sugar free diet so didn't eat them.
Verdict - this hotel is great value, safe, renovated contemporary design that is 2 minutes from the Orchard Road shopping Mecca. It's 5 minutes walk to Ion Centre. I only wanted to shop in Singapore & this hotel is closer to the action than it looks on the map. Walk straight out the basement door down the stairs behind reception & you are just off Orchard & Zara is in sight!
The club lounge access is also excellent. Quiet for making calls - again some of the friendliest staff have ever seen in a 5 star hotel. Cannot wait to return - this made the trip in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Traveller_ep
We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore. It is great to hear that our staff consistently impressed you with their friendliness and service. I will be sure to commend them on their excellent service and I believe they will be delighted to hear they made your stay a pleasant one.

It is always lovely to hear from guests such as yourself who value the service we provide and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rejuvenated guestrooms, daily buffet breakfast at 10 at Claymore and our Gourmet High Tea Buffet in the Lobby Lounge, a recent addition to the Pan Pacific Orchard dining experience.

We are glad that you also enjoyed the locality of the hotel along Orchard Road, Singapore’s iconic shopping district during your stay too.

We look forward to your return to Singapore, and Pan Pacific Orchard in the near future!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

With the exception of the bar, which I will explain separately, the hotel has very good touches for a 5 start hotel, which I think this is what is rated for.

The service has a lot to desire, so I will try to be as constructive as possible, and list all of my observed pitfalls:
1. It is a great idea to serve coffee machine made coffee, Cappuccino, etc, but they can’t keep up serving them fast enough the customer. For 5 days, I set for breakfast, and I either had to go get it myself or wait about 15 minutes before what I asked is served. Not to mention that after the first cup, good luck getting any attention to order another one.
2. The reception has 2 nicely designed desk with 4 work stations, but on average there are 2 to 3 people standing. I have stood 5 minutes on a queue (not even on peak hours) and although I counted at least 3 more staff standing around the lobby chatting.
3. I had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door, as I did not want my room to be serviced. I will explain later why. I called the room service and asked for 2 clean towels and 2 bottle of water (the free water usually found in the room), and I clearly stated it was OK to disturb me although the sign on the door. 1.5 hours later, I gave up waiting and I went to the pool to get a towel.
4. This is the cherry on the pie. On my 2nd day of my stay, I could not find my cologne anymore. I asked for help cause maybe I simply misplaced it. They could not find it. However, the housekeeper acknowledged to have seen it every day, and in the exact place where I remember I had left it. According to the door reading and the security camera, nobody walked in and out of the room other than the housekeeper and I. You wander what really happened! So, I told the various managers who engaged, that it was my word against the housekeeper word. Mind you that to get any updates, I had to go ask for a status update because they never came and look for me to update me although (of course) they said they would. The solution was that "out of their good will" (and I quote) they would offer me free transportation to the airport. My answer was that it will not replace my cologne, so they know what to do.
5. Lastly, I have to comment about the bar. Although Drazen was a very attentive (true to a 5 start service), the bar design was the ugliest and most dis-functional I have ever seen especially if you sit at the counter. I feel bad for the guy working behind that counter. People like to sit at the counter for a reason, and it is not to look down (literally) to the sink, dishwasher, and a wall without anything. The poor Drazen has to run up and down a few steps to get the booze and the glasses. He barely had any working space on the counter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gcatucci
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at Pan Pacific Orchard. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to the missing cologne which I believe we have resolved in our communication together.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 on your next visit.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back with our signature Pacific hospitality.

Warmest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Pan Pacific for several days, combining business and sight seeing. The staff were friendly and ready to serve. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The accommodations were clean and neat. We found the location perfect. It is close to a subway stop but also close enough in walking distance to several good tourists spots.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us went smoothly and that you enjoyed the rejuvenated guestrooms and buffet breakfast in 10 at Claymore. I will definitely be sharing your compliments with our culinary team.

It’s always a delight to hear from guests that they enjoyed the proximity of our hotel to the shopping haven of Singapore, Orchard Road.

Thank for you choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your preferred choice of stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again!