“Pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is great - it is in a relatively quiet street, close to but away from, the lively Orchard Road. Room service breakfast was disappointing, however, the room was clean and tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable and the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road and our rejuvenated guestrooms. We regret that our room service breakfast was not up to your expectations and wish to assure you that this is certainly not in line with the level of service that we are recognized for and continuously strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore.

We continually seek to improve ourselves and look forward to serving you on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us again.

Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed from 11 may to 17 may 2013.we were two families with 3 children. Mr Dean and his team gave us early checkin at 9 am instead of 2 pm.They gave us two room right besides each other & they were ready before we arrived.Mr Rommel and his front desk staff were excellent host they checked us in 5 mins.Now coming to breakfast pan pacific orchards chef's make extra effort to make you feel good.They not only gave us vegetarian but also gave us jain food.When we were late they packed us some food.mineral water pool is a must visit while you are staying in hotel it refreshes you.All in all best place to stay and relax.Best of luck to all the staff member for the hard work and thanks a million for giving us a memorable holiday.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Vishal8420
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback. We are glad our hotel’s fleet of service staff and culinary brigade made your stay an excellent one. We strive to provide the best to our guests and we are always pleased to hear that guests, such as yourself appreciate the effort that we put in to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.

It is great to know that you had a great vacation with us and we definitely look forward to having you with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Last December was my first time coming to Singapore for my friend's wedding. My gf and I did some research and found this hotel to be close to where the wedding was held. So we booked a room here. Despite it being right around the holiday season, the rate was quite affordable. And with what we paid, it is definitely worth it considering what we had experienced here. The staff were very friendly, from the very first time we arrived till the time we checked out. The receptionist that checked us in was always smiling and very nice. She made it very fast for us to get to our room.
The room we checked in was not particularly big but spacious. The bed was well prepared with all the bed sheet, cover and comforter; and it feels very comfy, not too hard but not too soft. And the whole room was all clean from bathroom to the window. It smells great too, unlike some hotels we stayed at where the room just smelled moldy/ stingy. Everything in the room worked as it is supposed to: AC, blower, TV, etc.
The best thing is room service is always up ready and fast. We were impressed by that.

Overall, We are very pleased staying here. There are definitely some areas for improvement, like a little bit remodeling in the bathroom area, some extra toiletry. But I would definitely recommend it for vacationers/ or for business, etc.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Sssboy88
Thank you for staying at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the staff friendliness, efficiency and service. We are glad you also enjoyed the rejuvenated guestrooms and that everything worked the way you wanted. We will continue to improve based on your feedback and we are thankful for your recommendation as well.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I and my friends stayed here for 2 nights. The location was very good and convenient, near shopping center, MRT and Botanic Garden. The room was large, modern, and clean with a comfortable bed ,lovely bathroom and helpful staffs. The rate was ok with their services so I would stay again when coming back Singapore and recommend this hotel for my friends and my family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and our locality along Orchard Road. We are glad that you will be recommending us to your family and friends.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had spent my last holiday staying at the Pan pacific Orchard hotel. I have stayed at this hotel before when it was used to be a Negara, however this stay was completely different. New hotel, great concept, amazing food and extremely tentative staffs. I'm going to Singapore quite often and will definitely come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted to hear that you had an unforgettable stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore. It is great to hear that you appreciate our renovation and that our staff continually made a good impression with their friendliness and service. I will be sure to commend them on their excellent service and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Singapore soon!

Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a great stay. The renovated rooms in the property are great. The hotel location was fantastic - both to my office and other places I wanted to go to. The rooms simply have everything required for a great business stay.

Staff are friendly - there if you need them.

I just got my credit card statement and found a over $1000US in card charges from this hotel.
It was either a security deposit that was not credited back (I guaranteed 2 rooms)....or a double billed room charge. Our Singapore Office staff (located 300 meters from the hotel) had actually stopped by and paid everything in full. When I left it was simply supposed to be a $11 charge for miscellaneous telephone calls.

This is also one of the few hotels that actually puts a security charge through, as if you actually spent the money, as soon as you check in. Obviously, this sort of system means they need to stay on top of crediting it back properly upon check out. In addition, expect F/x losses - between charge and credit back. I expect to hear that every hotel does it like the Pan Pacific....

Breakfast is way too overpriced at SGD 30. Maybe ~10% of the room charge is how they price it. Walk around the corner to Orchard, and there are options at 50%.

On the flip side, they don't charge for WIFI, don't have 1 device limits and so on.

I would likely stay again, but watch your credit card like a hawk. If possible, don't let them charge the security deposit through. They can take an imprint like everyone else.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at Pan Pacific Orchard. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to the credit card charges which I believe we have resolved in our communication together.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 on your next visit.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back with our signature Pacific hospitality.

Warmest regards,
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

great place to visit.realy I like to share my experience,,i had visited Singapore and had a meeting in for my stts training your hotel..during meeting I suddenly started feeling uneasy and my nose started bleeding ..one of your staff name manikandan took great care of me.he is such a good human being..thanks and appreciate his service to his guest..he is a great asset and professional..thanks again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore during your recent trip. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and I will definitely share your kind comments with Manikandan about his great service. I’m sure he will be pleased to know that he has helped make your time here a little more comfortable.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to being of service to you again.