“Pan Pacific”

Ranked #30 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Pan Pacific”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Loved this hotel. Beautiful. Close to everything... loved walking to the ION to do some shopping :)
The staff were wonderful, very attentive - couldn't do enough for us. The service was exceptional, and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
Beautiful rooms and delicious breakfast in a stylish environment.

Room Tip: Penthouse suite :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lana K
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it’s even more rewarding to hear from guests -such as yourself - who recognize our efforts in creating memorable hotel experiences.

Thank for you staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Warmest Regards,
Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice, for over a week at a time on business in the last two years, most recently in late 2012 during their lobby upgrade. Booking a decent size room leads to a choice of free upgrades, including an even better room upgrade. I have travelled to a few countries on business now and I find the Pan Pacific Orchard to be pretty decent in room size (I was in a Queen), immaculately cleaned, good service (the restaurant staff will learn your name if you are friendly to them at breakfast) and if you ignore the unfortunate Orchard Towers next door it is in a pretty good location to get around the City.

I have visited a couple of other hotels in Singapore including the Grand Copthorne Waterfront and Riverview and this holds it own amongst them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your warm compliments of the guest room, staff service and overall guest experience you had during your stay with us. We’re glad to be able to welcome you back time and again.

We endeavour to continue extending our Pacific brand of excellent hospitality to create a memorable stay and guest experience here at the Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore.
We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Warmest Regards,
Dean Rossilli
London
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at this nicely refurbished well positioned hotel just behind Orchard Road - the location is great for eating and shopping and bars. Also good for jogging from the hotel to and around the Botanical Gardens.The room is large enough and comfortable. The gym is small but not at all busy. The pool is large enough for laps and is similarly quiet most of the time. The downside is the relative lack of charm of the staff. The reception staff double up as concierge and never appear particularly knowledgeable. Despite checking in for 2 nights I was frequently asked when I would be checking out. After one night and having been questioned at least a couple of times about my checking out intentions, my key card was cancelled and I couldn't get into my room. Rather than a quiet apology I received an accusatory query about my checkout. I would recommend a bit more charm/smile school for the reception staff to go with this otherwise lovely hotel. Lastly breakfast is somewhat poor value unless you are on a business account.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location as well as our newly rejuvenated rooms. We are also delighted to know that our facilities such as our mineral water swimming pool and fitness centre helped to make your stay at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore a better one.

Please accept our sincere apologies for shortcomings of our staff. . I wish to assure you that it is certainly not in line with the level of service that we strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard. I will personally look into this matter and ensure that this would not occur again.

As your recent stay experience is of great concern to us, I would like to invite you to email me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and, to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern. We hope to see you with us again soon.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As you would expect for all 5 star hotels. Despite being so closed to the infamous Orchard Towers (literally separated by a drain and small alley). It offers convenience and very good service and quality rooms. Carpark entrance is at the back and for some reason have very far positioned card machines. Overall - typical Pan Pacific service quality. Club lounge welcomed and the service staff - all alone during peak hours was always smiley and helpful in her service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the rooms and service was up to your standard. However, we are regretful that we have some shortcomings which have not met your expectations. Please be assured that we are continually changing to serve you better.

I will be sure to pass this comment on to the Pacific Club Lounge staff and the rest of the team to compliment them on their service. They will be glad to know you appreciated their service. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently I have stayed with this hotel with my family.I have really enjoyed moment I step into the hotel,friendly staff with warm greeting escorted me to the reception to checkin,checkin it took less than two minutes and all my preference were met and well taken care.I had stayed in a pacific Club room which is good for small family.Hotel is located well known Orchard road,there are so many eateries around for every one's taste.pacific club staff is really exceptional always friendly and helpful.Hope to come back to this hotel when ever I can.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! It’s a pleasure to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and it’s even more rewarding to hear from guests -such as yourself - who recognize our efforts in creating memorable hotel experiences.

We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your entire stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff in the Pacific Club Lounge. They will be more than happy to know that their service was valued.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your experience with us and we definitely look forward to your return visit!
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip in March 2013. Great location right near orchard road, reasonable prices, the room was very big, great view, nice bed, lovely bathrooms, overall great feeling.
Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient, and staffs were polite and helpful at all times. Highly recommend for business travel.

The only disadvantage: the "warm ladies" neighborhood after sundown.

Room Tip: ask for the higher flours
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent business trip to Singapore and glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location.

I will definitely pass on your compliments to the rest of front office the team. We are delighted that the great service staff made it an overall pleasant stay for you.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was our anniversary and we decided to staycation. We got a deluxe queen room which comes with 2 breakfasts. We have also made a booking in advance for a dinner at its restaurant (10@Claymore). The front desk staff was friendly and fast. They congratulated us and help us put through our request for the extended check out. The room was decent. Only thing was the door and furniture was rather old. Dinner at 10@Claymore was great. We actually notified the restaurant in advance that it was our anniversary and we wanted a quiet place. However, we were directed to sit next with a crowd. The staff at the restaurant was very attentive. They went around collecting the plates even before you finish your food! The breakfast was great too with a lot of varieties. Overall, nothing much to shout about the hotel but it will be nice if there are complimentary gift for our anniversary.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you choosing Pan Pacific Orchard as your choice for your anniversary. Thank you also for taking the time to share your feedback and we are regretful that your recent visit has fallen short of expectations. I wish to assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and we are working to give our guests the best experience possible.

We apologize for any shortcomings that you have experienced during your stay with us and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.