“Great location, great room service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Orchard

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #23 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
“Great location, great room service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a brief jet-lagged stopover in Singapore over New Year. The hotel is in a great location for someone wanting to hit the shops on Orchard Road, grab some food in a range of good restaurants, catch a movie in the Shaw Lido or link up with the rest of Singapore on the MRT. We got a room only rate that was really competitive, considering the time of year. Breakfast wasn't a worry with three Starbucks within five minutes walk of the hotel. A real plus was the room service we ordered one evening whilst fighting sleep. Having almost given up on the quality of room service in hotels it was only our sleep deprived state that drove us to picking up the phone but we were astounded by what arrived. Best hotel food I've had in a long time, well presented and very tasty. Will probably plan a night in on our next trip, or at least a trip to the hotel restaurant. Have stayed elsewhere in Singapore but would come back here next time.

Room Tip: Bedrooms come with an alarm clock and it would be wise to check it isn't on if you want to avoid...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Pakistandy,

It is always a joy to start the New Year reading such wonderful reviews from our guests sharing their positive hotel experience.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location and proximity to Singapore’s shopping haven – Orchard Road. Our Chefs and restaurant associates will be happy to know that they have left such a lasting impression with their cuisine and service. Needless to say, it feels great to receive acknowledgement of our efforts in creating memorable experiences. It’s even more rewarding to know that you are planning to stay with us again on your next trip.

The entire team at Pan Pacific Orchard wishes you and your family a great 2012 and we look forward to be of service to you again very soon.

Frederic Jenni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I just visited our daughter and son in law for 1 week who moved to Singapore 2 months ago and we all came for Christmas here. This hotel is in great location, walking distance to all shops in orchard road, taxis outside. We booked the club lounge and strongly recommend this! It included Buffett and a la carte breakfast, cocktails 6-8pm with delicious canapés, afternoon tea from 3-4pm, free Internet, 2 free pieces of laundry everyday!, shoe shine, paper daily, soft drinks 24/7 in the lounge.. My husband used the gym everyday and had it to himself! I opted for the spa and steam room which I also had to myself. The room was serviced whenever we asked and they had a turn down service every night with a little cake. One fabulous feature of this hotel is the abundance of free bottled water everywhere you went, in the gym, in the room,in the computer room,in the club lounge etc... One night the general manager introduced himself to us and asked how he could improve our stay, we struggled to come up with something but my husband quickly came up with wifi in the room. To our surprise the next morning, free wifi was installed! How is that for service?
Would stay here again def. it's walking distance to the Tanglin club and American clubs.
My husband did have a few propositions from the ladies of the night walking back to the hotel a few times, whenever I wasn't around, hahaha
The night safari bus station was around the corner in orchard road and Harry's bar was fun to hang around and check out the Aussies!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, above level 15 is great! Renovations are being done in 2012 so ask before...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bootscooter55
Dear bootscooter55,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests during the holiday season. I am delighted to hear that you had an overall positive experience staying with us and I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed all of our Pacific Club benefits. It is always a joy to start the New Year by reading such wonderful comments from our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed at Orchard Pan Pacific in Dec. The hotel is well located near Orchard Road. We travel with 2 kids, aged 8 and 6 so we stayed at Pacific suites. They charge extra for roll away beds, a steep 120 SGD a night so the kids shared the sofa which worked well. We did all main sites and locations: For universal studios the Express pass was excellent decision as the Park was super busy. Biggest hassle were the incredible queues at Night safari, over 2 hour wait just to get into the Park, but it was peak dates at Xmas we were told. Singapore works well with kids, and Orchard Pan pacific is a good base for exploring the city.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear LSV68,

Warmest Greetings from Pan Pacific Orchard. It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us during the festive season and I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel’s convenient location and proximity to Singapore’s shopping haven – Orchard Road and other popular tourist attractions.

On behalf of everyone at the hotel, we wish 2012 will be an excellent year for you and your family members and if there is anything that I can do for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I went to stay there in Late April this year 2011 and booked through my Corporate's travel agency for an Executive Club room that costs more than $400 a night. Unfortunately the fridge was leaking and the switches to the bedside are malfunction. Hence the General Manager wrote me an apology email promising to upgrade me to a Suite if I return again.

After thinking it over and decided to give it a second chance, hence when I flew to Singapore again 2 weeks ago in December, I replied to the General Manager's email, informing him of my time and day of arrival. He replied promptly and said my room would be ready when I arrive.

Unfortunately this is not the case, When I arrived in that morning, the Receptionist at the Check-in desk said my room was not ready even though I told him the GM promised the room would be ready HE even said the system did not show my previous stay's record in May this year. At one stage, he asked when I a local. Why would I stay in a hotel for three nights at more than $400 a night if I'm a local??? My advance hotel booking should showed I'm from Australia.

To make matter worse, when I returned at 2p.m., at the Reception desk, I did ask HIM again whether I was getting the Suite as his GM promised, He replied 'Oh yes'. When I was taken to the room, I straight away recognised that was the same room I stayed and paid for previously (EXECUTIVE CLUB ROOM), not the Suite as promised. He must be thinking I could not differentiate an EXECUTIVE CLUB ROOM with a SUITE!

I was really disappointed and feel cheated to lure back to stay at this hotel again, with promise not delivered. The worse part was on check-in, I was treated like a second class citizen as if I was lying to say your GM promised to upgrade me to a Suite.

Then on departure day, as I paid for an EXECUTIVE CLUB ROOM, the check-out time can be at 3p.m. I did inform the desk that I would check-out at 3p.m. Guess what, when I returned from shopping at 2p.m., both my access card were rejected from entry into my room and my internet access was also disconnected!!!! Luckily the housekeeping lady was on the floor so I asked her to let me in as she recognised me as the guest who had given tips for making the room.

Room Tip: Read above.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Legendlowe
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear Legendlowe,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your recent stay with us. It was a genuine mistake on our part and we make no excuses for our failure to deliver what was promised.

I will take the liberty of contacting you directly to extend my personal apologies for this very unfortunate situation.

Please rest assured that my team and I remain committed to correct our shortcomings.

I hope we will have the pleasure and the privilege of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard in a near future.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is right on Orchard Road, so shopping is a delight. But the MRT station is a bit of a walk. The restaurant offers great food and the service is also very good. You must opt for breakfast as they have a great spread. The whole hotel's ambiance is great in black and gold.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear VanyaRohanGupta,

Warmest Greetings from Pan Pacific Orchard! It is always a delight to receive acknowledgment on our commitment to create memorable hotel experience. I will definitely share your wonderful comments with the Food & Beverage Team. Please accept my sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Warmed Regards,
Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is located in prime location and very close to city center.The quality of room was average and facilties in hotel are also not the value for money.There was noise in around the room resulted in distrubing the sleep.

They charged more for the item which were not consumed and it was in bad taste. They also ask fo the whole amount in advance which was surprising.Breakfast is almost same everday and you tend to get fed up of this.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dinesh33
Dear dinesh33,

Please accept my sincere appreciation for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I regret to hear that it has fallen short of expectation. Can I take this opportunity to ask that you contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602 so that I can address your concerns personally.

I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you very soon.

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

the location of the hotel is gr8... its just off orchard road... the MRT s close by too... food s awesome... the breakfast buffet s way better than many other 5 star property s ... the only flaw s they dont have Lcd tv s in the room... if ur plannin to spend most of ur time out doors dat shud not bother...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nuttyflyinhigh
Dear nuttyflyinhigh,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel location. My F&B team will also be delighted to hear that they have made an impression with the breakfast spread and overall dining experience at the restaurant.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share the experience with us and we look forward to your return very soon.