I've stopped in this hotel with my wife in September, 2008 during our honeymoon
Of cource, it's nice to stay in such a hotel, but you should remember that Singapore is rather expensive city and the price you pay there for accomodation is one of the highest in Asia.
The hotel is situated in one of Singapore top spots near Esplanade, The Suntec City and The Singapore Flyer at Marina Bay. It's also good that it faces the skyscrapers of the financial district, which is located on the other bank of Singapore river mouth. So, you can get the spectacular view from your balcony, especially when you're on the top floors. The rooms in the hotel are rather big which is not usual thing in most of Singapore hotels. If I'm not mistaken, now after the opening of circle line of MRT, the subway station is also several minutes on foot from the hotel. 2 years ago it took about 10-12 minutes to get the City Hall station, but all the way you could go by the underpass with a/c.
Nevertheless, I think that it's usual for Singapore when you spend in the hotel only nights, so, booking an expensive hotel may pay the cost when you can really afford this or when you have a good reason as honeymoon:) If I remember, we've payed about US$180 per night for standard room, but we had some benefits, because we booked the hotel by the Singapore Airlines programme "Singapore Stopover Holiday". In other cases I think it's better to find a cheaper hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An acclaimed award winning five star luxury hotel in the heart of the city, Marina Mandarin Singapore offers breathtaking views of of the Marina Bay and financial district, as well as convenient access to the Marina Square Shopping Mall, and is minutes away from Sands Expo & Convention Center and Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre. Directly opposite The Esplanade, Singapore's performing arts centre, the hotel is also within walking distance to attractions such as Gardens by the Bay and the Singapore Flyer, and is perfectly situated right on the trackside of the annual Singapore Grand Prix Formula One race ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct so you can book your Marina Mandarin Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Mandarin Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin
- Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore