I worked and lived in Singapore but hardly ever stayed in a hotel in Singapore.
Checked in for one night due to proximity with a night race that I was taking part in.
Hotel rates in Singapore are not cheap but got a nice detail with buffet breakfast thrown in.
This Hotel is connected to the Marina Square shopping Ctr. From the 4th floor reception, walk down a short staircase, open a door and you are literally in the middle of shopping centre. You can find lots of shopping and food outlets here. Do note that a famous Chicken Rice outlet is located in the mall. The food court serves many popular local dishes too.
Public transport is easily available. Ask around and you can get to the metro, Mass Rapid Transit MRT- less than 5 min walk away. It is also walking distance to the Suntec Convention Centre. This hotel is all about its location.
The room itself was clean. However this is not a new hotel. The carpet though clean had an appearance of 'vacuumed over many times'. The bed was average. However there is only one chair in the room. Some parts of the wallpaper along the corridor were peeling...maybe time for some upgrade!
The buffet breakfast is Halal which is good for the Muslim guests. There were a lot of variety and the food was tasty. The chairs were arranged quite close to each other. I could not help but overheard this exchange between two Caucasians. One remarked that there were two types of soup for the noodle. He took the clear base soup as he did not know what the dark base soup was. I did not think much of that remark till I was at the noodle station later and found out that the clear base soup (which was just water) was for you to boil the noodles first before putting in the "dark" soup! Note to Kitchen staff- please label clearly what the soups are for or station a staff near the station to assist guests who are not use to local cuisine.
Overall I had a good stay and enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An acclaimed award winning five star luxury hotel in the heart of the city, Marina Mandarin Singapore offers breathtaking views of of the Marina Bay and financial district, as well as convenient access to the Marina Square Shopping Mall, and is minutes away from Sands Expo & Convention Center and Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre. Directly opposite The Esplanade, Singapore's performing arts centre, the hotel is also within walking distance to attractions such as Gardens by the Bay and the Singapore Flyer, and is perfectly situated right on the trackside of the annual Singapore Grand Prix Formula One race ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Mandarin Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Mandarin Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin
- Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore