“Trip to Marina Mandarin”

Marina Mandarin Singapore
Ranked #48 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Gurgaon, India
“Trip to Marina Mandarin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel is getting a little old. Many parts of the hotel are carrying a stale and old look. Gym equipments have started rusting and looks a little worn out. Service was great. I could not comment on food as most of my meetings were outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Joby B

Thank you for your review and feedback.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the great service here at Marina Mandarin Singapore.
We have been delighting our Guests since 1987 but we are also constantly upgrading and improving both on facilities and services to further cater to our guests.

In fact, we have upgraded all our Premier and Meritus Club rooms last year, and we look forward to upgrading all our rooms in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you again and host you better with our new facilities.

Kurt Wehinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were disappointed with the quality of the room. There was grey mould in the bathroom, the TV remote was faulty, Wallpaper came off in one corner of the room, The whole hotel looked very tired and in need of a urgent upgrade and renovation. Certainly not good enough for the price!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomas K

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I apologize that we did not deliver as to your expectations during your stay with us.
We are a 27 year old hotel in Singapore, but we are constantly upgrading and improving ourselves to better cater to our Guests all the time. In fact, we have completed renovations for our Premier and Meritus Club rooms.

I hope to welcome you again at Marina Mandarin Singapore and to promise you a better stay this time.

Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and 4 year old. The hotel itself is right in the middle of the raffles area and great for exploring the city on foot or by train as mrt station nearby.
Rooms were a good size and very modern. Hotel itself is clearly a business hotel as has the design and feel of a conference centre. It had all the facilities we needed including a pool.

We found the restaurants very expensive (although that is the case in most of the hotel restaurants).

Service was inconsistent. Initially when we went to check in we were told in a hostile manner that I would have to pay for a 3rd bed for my son. This was despite having an invoice showing that the booking was for 3 people and paying a 3rd person supplement. I was told this was my agents fault. Surely this was for the hotel to sort out with my agent? They told me there wa nothing they could do and I had to call my agent! After I had tried to contact my agent, I went back and spoke to a very helpful man, I think his name was chaweng. He just told me that I wouldn't pay anything and he would sort it out. I then didn't see him for a few days and he then remembered my name and room number! I found him exceptional.

Then had another mixed experience when my son was ill during breakfast (before we had ate, but after it had been added to my bill). Helpful lady said I could take my plate of food to the room with my ill son. Then came down and asked if I could take some up for my wife, this was rudely refused by a male. This was all after having paid £50 for breakfast we didn't eat. It would have been nice to have some flexibility.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Neijon01

Thank you for your positive review and feedback.

I am glad that we have hosted you and your family comfortably at Marina Mandarin Singapore. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and the overall interior decor and architecture of the hotel.

With regards to the issue during mealtime, I will definitely make it a point to ensure the same service standards, placing the Guest requests above what seems to be protocols that the restaurant is currently following. I ensure you that your next visit will be an even better one.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

From the moment you arrive to when you leave you are taken care of. We booked our tours at the recommendation of the concierge staff and all ran smoothly and met our expectations. Happy hour at the pool bar was fun
Thoroughly recommend this hotel experience

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elise D

Thank you for your positive review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Marina Mandarin Singapore.
Happy to hear that you took the Concierge suggestions on the tours around Singapore. I hope you found the trip enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family to Marina Mandarin Singapore in the near future.

Athelstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Situated in a fantastic location, the Marina Mandarin offers a classy experience with a down-to-Earth feel. We received an upgrade to an executive room with an outstanding view across the harbour. Breakfast was excellent and all staff we met were very polite, accommodating and professional. The hotel offers excellent amenities and is centrally located to most tourist attractions in Singapore.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear [Mt] Joe, Jeane... C

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Marina Mandarin Singapore, especially the classy interior decor, spacious rooms and the overall friendly service that you experienced.

We pride ourselves in providing each Guest with the warmth of Asian Hospitality, and I am sure we have made your stay here memorable for you.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Marina Mandarin Singapore

Riga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great location, beautiful design of hall, restaurant, just 2 minutes to Singapore Suntec city, beautiful rooms, excellent service, very delicious food at breakfast and vey wide choise of offered food,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Kristine J

Thank you for your review and feedback.
I am glad we have delighted your stay with us at Marina Mandarin Singapore.
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are impressed with our rooms, service quality and standard of food at our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Mandarin Singapore.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

It is almost impossible to find a hotel room that will take a family of 4 so we had to book 2 rooms. The rooms were very clean, bathrooms were nice, large windows let in a lot of light. The location is ok - some things to walk to but we had to take cabs to most major attractions.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear travelratervideos

Thank you for your positive review.

I am glad you enjoyed the spacious rooms and excellent location of Marina Mandarin Singapore. You are right in saying there are alot of attractions within walking distance. We are also well connected via 2 MRT Stations within 5 minutes walking distance away.

I look forward to your future visit to Marina Mandarin Singapore.