Marina Mandarin Singapore
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$169
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$275
$245
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Beach Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$163
$141
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$215
$166
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$165
$142
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$200
$141
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
$798
$468
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$155
$127
$113
$98
6,530 results
All reviewsmeritus clubmarina square mallsuntec citypremier roomclub floorbusiness tripan upgradebuffet breakfastlate checkmrt stationorchard roadaquamarineatriumshoppingmmmandarinconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just stayed in this hotel and we are not happy at all with the service level.
The reception personnel was very arrogant and not helpful at all. The breakfast was a disaster: long line on Sunday, no refilling for juice, food or fruits.
It's a pity for the beautifull Marina bay view this hotel has.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We thank you for choosing our Hotel as the preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit and we share your disappointment on the service that was rendered to you.

Striving to perfect the art of Asian Hospitality, we assure you that our Team of associates pledged to deliver service excellence for each and every guest. You have our assurance that we do not condone inhospitable attitude and we appreciate your valuable feedback towards our Reception and the quality of breakfast.

We will make effort to ensure continuous improvements on our products and services and we sincerely hope to be given another opportunity to make amends.

Please contact us directly at marina@meritushotels.com for your future visits and we will ensure a memorable stay for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had booked for a "staycation" at Marina Mandarin on a Sunday more than a week ago. I was very fortunate to have been granted an upgrade to the Meritus Club room by the reservation manager David due to my continuous support for Mandarin (I guess!)

As usual, Club rooms are on the 20-21st floor and are very peaceful. I am situated on the 21st floor this time round. The previous visit was 20th. All the rooms come with a balcony so it doesn't really matter if u wanna take some time off for a puff.

The bathroom is really neat and houses Loccitane products (my personal favorite)!

It comes with a coffee machine of which is pretty normal in all club rooms that I have stayed before.

What separates Mandarin from the rest would boil down to its wonderful staff.

Noteworthy, Karez from the Meritus club lounge remembered me from the last visit that was like 5 months ago!? I mean.... Was I getting stalked ? But hey... I was really pleasantly shocked! The Club lounge offers a sizable range of foodstuff from 6 pm onwards and they also provide a list of cocktails mixes. Their in house concoction JC mandarin is the best so far! And I loved the view from it. Oh yes, another service attendant Frisca was very attentive and pleasant during our visit at the lounge as well. I invited one of my friend to the lounge and was made to pay $40++ but the service really are it worth every cent! My favorite dish at the lounge was the minute steak! I am not so much into beef but this is really tender and juicy. A pity I didn't manage to have the sushi this time round, I remembered that it was really good too the last time round.

Every thing from the check in till check out was speedy and comfortable. Also, the mrt station just round the corner makes traveling convenient.

As far as 5 star hotels go, this top the list.

: )

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It is with great pleasure knowing that you have enjoyed your staycation with us!

We are delighted that you have experienced our Asian Hospitality from the moment you arrived all through till the departure. We will share your kind word of compliments with David, Karez and Frisca. Nothing motivates our Team more than delightful compliments from our guests.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of accommodation for this staycation and we look forward to be of service to you soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked the hotel as it was convenient to attend a function in one of the function rooms therefore no need to worry about transportation on a Saturday night. As I am local, I know the place, mode of transportation, etc. not very convenient and you need to know your way well to have to walk into the mall and get your way through to the bus stop, MRT, etc.
Service is so-so can't even say the reservation department was efficient. Had to continuously contact them to for updates, either the person handling is on vacation (which is like every other day) or getting a file in a format that all the Macs and iPad in my home cannot open. So much for impression before checking in.
Room size is ok, but I wish the reservation would have suggested during booking that that there are club level room to be on higher floor. Well, management, take note of your staff lack of sales training here.
Furniture's a wee bit tired though I have to say is not that bad looking. The strangest part for me is to be inform that froma certain level downwards, there is no turn down service. So I paid for 1 .5 day charge because I have a midnight flight and wanted to leave at 6 pm, please note, no towels change because I am on that floor below that certain level.
Breakfast was like a war zone on a Sunday morning. Juice run out, tables not set because waiters in side was very busy but voila, I went out to asked the people who showed me to my table when the table will be set, oh, they (3 of them) were busy taking while inside the waiters were non stop.
On checkout at 6, I left my bags at the 4th level as I was told to and I booked a cab for 7pm. I was told to proceed direct to ground floor on my return. Well, I return 10 min before time and bags were not there. The concierge went in and out of the storage room then behind the counter, etc for a couple of minutes, I was puzzled and went to ask what's the problem. Your bags not here, he said to me. Shd be upstairs, please wait a while. Not a big deal but I don't understand how it can take longer than an hour to bring the bags from 4th floor down to the ground.
On the whole, hotel is not that bad but not much to shout for as a 5 star. Management should take a closer look because I would not come back again with 4 other hotels in the same vicinity.

Room Tip: Ask the price difference to confirm floor level. Also double chk that it is on the floor with turn down service.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn T

Thank you for your review.

We are concerned to learn that your recent stay was less than expected, we apologise for not delivering up to your satisfaction.

We have since shared your feedback with the relevant departments and we will step up our training efforts to avoid any recurrence. We strive to provide our signature Asian Hospitality to all our guests, and hope that this experience will not deter you from providing us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Please contact us directly at marina@meritushotels.com for your future stays and we will ensure a memorable stay for you.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

At night a noisy piano bar echoes around the hotel's vast c. 20 story high auditorium which will keep you awake until the small hours. The noise is terrible from your room. Don 't bother complaining as nothing is done. The noise of cheap fake bird song will ensure you're awake before 7am.

The breakfast of pre cooked cold eggs @ 40 dollars per person and awful cheap coffee has to be the greatest rip off in Singapore.

The rooms are basic and out of date. You can turn off the huge bright red On/off LED light on the Tv. It is a 3 star mass Market hotel. Not 5 star. The room is however clean.

Before you book don't get confused thinking you're staying at the Mandarin Oriental next door, this Mandarin Marina is the worst hotel / mass hostel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Mandarin Marina.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Alex N
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are concerned to learn that your recent stay was less than satisfactory and we sincerely apologise for the experience.

It is to our dismay that our facilities and services had inconvenienced you. We value our guests' feedback and we are currently looking at the areas you have highlighted. For your future visits, please contact us directly at marina@meritushotels.com and we will ensure a quiet room for you and your accommodation requests are met.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very disappointing. Hotel is in a great location and staff were friendly and helpful, but would need a renovation to maintain a 5 star rating. Because there is a large atrium noise travels from lounge area to all rooms. Walls in rooms are thin and sheets and pillows uncomfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank michelle1999
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We share your disappointment with the experience you had during your recent visit and we regret for not delivering up to the expected.

As we march into the chapter of our journey, we assure you that we have put in place plans to upgrade the facilities of the Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your concern on the well-being of our Hotel and we assured you that we will make continuous improvements to remain competitive.

On the other hand, we are pleased to learn that our Team was able to deliver up to your satisfaction and we will share your kind words with them.

We sincerely hope to invite you back for a return visit and please contact us directly at marina@meritushotels.com, we will ensure a memorable stay for you.