“just great”

Ranked #74 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Leicester, United Kingdom
“just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A very well run hotel that just looked after all of our needs.the food and our room was just great ,lots of room in it and very clean.the staff were always on hand and very helpful,as we signed into the hotel we were told that they had given us an upgrade to the 30th floor which was amazing.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back of the hotel as there is a lot of building work going on at the front,very l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear mickpitman,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be helpful and our rooms to be good.

I will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Singapore.

Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I booked this hotel because the room photos and the location, when I arrived there the room was too dirty and the hotel staff was not helpful and they asked me to pay extra 200USD to change the room, I was selected a premier room with view and other complementary like coffee maker, waters, etc.. The room was empty and I took couple of pictures I'm gonna share with you..

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ramzan_Alnaimi
Dear Ramzan_Alnaimi,

Thank you for your review of your most recent review, I am sorry to learn of your experience; a clean room should always be expected; I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. At all times we will ensure a solution to any issues, however if preferred, upgrades may be purchased to a higher category of room.

I do hope that despite your last experience, you will not hesitate in giving us another opportunity to serve you again.

Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was billeted in this hotel for business. It was very unfortunate that I stayed in a room beside noisy occupants. With the room's poor acoustics, I could hear the conversation of the occupants in the other room. Initially I let it pass as i was still busy with emails but came 12 midnight, I had to call the reception to seek for intervention. The hotel duty manager did not do any thing to rectify, until I was irked and commanded him to resolve it. He initially wanted to go inside my room, at 1230 am so he could hear from which room the noise was coming from. I told him, as duty manager, he should know how the rooms are designed, where the beds are facing. I told him he can not enter as I was all alone in my room and would not want anyone to barge in at such late hour. He offered transfer of room at 1230am as he said he didnt want to knock on other people's room!!!! Morning came, I asked for transfer. The front desk told me to pack quickly my things so they can just move my stuffs to the other room. I was in hurry for my meeting so quickly packed before rushing out for the meeting. When i arrived in the evening, lo and behold, I still didnt have a new room and they haven't moved my luggages. I waited for an hour before they moved my luggages to the new room! Paying such hefty rates, with such poor room acoustics and bad customer service...definitely not worth it!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bing19
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Bing19,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mandarin Orchard Singapore. All feedback is very important to us and every comment is both read and noted. I was concerned and surprised to hear of your experiences. I would be grateful if you would email me at gmoffice.orchard@meritushotels.com with your reservation details so I may investigate this further.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

After telling the Reservation Officer I need a room for two adults two children, they offer me a club room or deluxe room. When I asked about differences between this room, answers were " late check out at 2pm and more spacious room". End up I chosen club room. After receiving the confirmation email then I found that's club benefit for club room which he did not mention AT ALL and worst part is kids below 18 are not allow to have enjoy club benefits like breakfast or tea at club lounge! !!
Paying the extra for club room and yet I still need to pay extra for my kids breakfast. For my advise, family with kids PLS DON'T STAY WITH THEM

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank tokyotokyolover
Dear tokyotokyolover,

Thank you for your review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am surprised to hear of your experience with our reservations team, and have requested refresher training to be implemented to avoid a repeat of any such occurrence. Our Meritus Club Lounge has always been known to offer exceedingly good value with benefits including complimentary access to our exclusive lounge with all day refreshments including a cocktail hour daily for all those over 18. Benefits also include free local calls and 2 pieces of laundry daily. I can only apologise if we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Children throughout the hotel are not included within room rates with an entitlement to breakfast. I can only apologise if this was not highlighted to you. I have most certainly noted your comments and will bring this subject to our next review meeting for consideration; thank you for helping us to continually improve.

Thank you again for your comments, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time you are in Singapore.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mandarin Orchard Singapore has a lot of rooms and a lot of guests. That is why I call it a "hotel machine". With the exception of the check-in which was slow caused by a seemingly confused staff, the rest of the stay was excellent. The room had everything we wanted, and the location of the hotel couldn't be better. The way that the staff informed of us how to behave because of the terrible smog conditions was rather touching.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mia T,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you found your stay to be excellent, despite the check-in experience. Our Asian hospitality of grace, warmth and care extends to our guests wherever they may be; inside or out.

Thank you again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

So you want an affordable hotel right in the heart of Orchard Road but some of these negative reviews worry you right? The location is unbeatable needless to say. We were nervous about booking this place as it seems to be a bit 'hit & miss'. However, our four night stay was very successful and comfortable. I would highly recommend that you email the hotel (as we did) prior to your visit with your specific requests such as a refurbished room, a high floor or a very quiet room or whatever. When you get the 'confirmed' reply that is suitable for you, print it & take it with you. It is worth keeping in mind that the owners & management are responsible for issues with the building itself not the staff at reception or concierge etc. You may need to send two or three emails until you are satisfied with the reply but trust me it is worth it as we did not experience any problems whatsoever. Some people have criticised the pool, admittedly it's not huge and is lacking atmosphere/ambience but it is very clean and refreshing after a big day out sightseeing or shopping. Locating reception upon arrival is quite confusing and could be better sign posted, we got confused even though we had read these reviews and were expecting it. After that though, it is not difficult to negotiate how the two buildings are joined together. Overall, we had a good stay and rated this as 'very good' based on the price compared to other properties in this exclusive location.

Room Tip: Send an email to the hotel with your specific room requests and print the (most satisfying) response...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EkinsGirl
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear EkinsGirl,

Thank you for your constructive review. We actively encourage all of our guests to inform us of their arrival details prior to arrival with whatever booking source they are from indicating this on all websites and when phoning the hotel. This really helps us to better manage your requests; thank you for highlighting this.

Thank you again for you great comments; I am delighted we reached your expectations ad look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Singapore.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, stayed 2 nights and was great.

Location good if you want to shop on Orchard road and only SGD 5 to get a cab to clark quay etc if you want to get some nightlife

Restaurant does an amazing dinner buffet, friday and saturday is they focus on seafood with eat as much lobster, king crab etc. as you can. If that doesn't appeal you can have Kobi beef, curry, asian stirfry etc. etc. cooked fresh (from the buffet chefs). All this for just 75 SGD which given the quality of the food is amazing value!

Swimming pool is small but welcome to revive oneself in the humid air.

Only downside - breakfast finishes at 10am

Room Tip: Rooms in the Orchard wing have been refurbished recently
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bigmink76,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mandarin Orchard Singapore, I am thrilled you enjoyed our restaurant and found it to b of good value. Our daily promotions add variety to each day of the week across all of our outlets and in our buffet restaurant; it really is a buffet that is made fresh in front of your eyes.

Thank you again for your commendations. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Singapore.