“Nice business hotel in an excellent location”

Ranked #72 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed here 2 years ago for pleasure. It's an efficient and proper business hotel, with excellent customer service, with efficient check-in and check-out services. The Superior Room that we stayed in is medium size, but has all the necessary amenities for a hotel at this class.

Pool is modern but on the small side. Location, next to Nge Ann City, is probably one of the best in Singapore. So, if you plan for a shopping trip in Singapore, this is probably one of the best-located hotel for that purpose.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear traveljunkie13,

Thank you for your review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore; we are committed to delivering Asian hospitality with grace, warmth and care to all who stay, dine and meet with us; I am delighted you experienced this first hand.

I will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Singapore.

Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (10,405)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel has a great location and as a result is very busy. The breakfast wasn't as good as many I've had at other hotels in Asia and the 5th floor lobby to make room for the shops was a bit annoying. Upon check-in I was shown to the corporate desk only to then be challenged about whether my reservation was within that category. Once that was sorted I found the room to be clean, a good size and comfortable enough. The main problem was when I came to check-out. My company had paid for the room and I had the paperwork to prove it but the front desk wouldn't accept that. I ended up having to pay for the room because I had a flight to catch. I now have email confirmation that the room had already been paid for but am still waiting for the refund. Not great service, perhaps as a result of the place being so busy. Plenty of better options in Singapore with good locations and a smaller price tag.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pakistandy
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Pakistandy,

Thank you for your review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore. I am sorry to hear of your experiences regarding billing. Please do contact me at gmoffice.orchard@meritushotels.com with more details so I may investigate what happened.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great room, but with a Fridge that did not work and was not replaced after asking four times in the 5 days we stayed in this 5 star Hotel.
Service -1 The shops and restaurants are great. Location one of the best on Orchad road.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Peter D

Dear Peter D,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read about your experiences with our mini-bar fridges. We are committed to delivering quality service at all times; I therefore sincerely apologise for this shortfall. I will be following up with our engineering department to find out what happened on this occasion and reiterating the need for communicating the status of any repair work to our guests at all times.

Thank you again for your feedback and assisting us to continually improve.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a very busy hotel, but is managed with efficiency. Location in Orchard Road is terrific. Rooms are nothing extraordinary, but comfortable. Breakfast also a busy spot, but food is nice with lots of variety
Suitable for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear happytravellers444,

Thanks you for your feedback. Mandarin Orchard is pleased to offer our traditional Asian hospitality in the convenience of being in the heart of Orchard Road. I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast variety; please do check out our other Food and Beverage outlets the next time you visit, including our legendary Chatterbox.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I wanted to select between average and very good. The hotel is good. Its not Asian 5 star as it claims to be, but for location and price it is good. It is definitely a volume hotel where thousands pass through. It misses the small things that do not make it 5 star. Lights on the room that don't work and haven't been checked, a shower over the bath instead of a separate walk in shower, 5 coat hangers in the wardrobe, ironing board but no iron. Do these things mean you shouldn't stay - no, but do not have any illusions that this is a 5 star hotel. It is an average 4 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulDAmsterdam
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear PaulDAmsterdam,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay. Feedback is always very important to us; thank you for your time.

I am sincerely sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to your room and we fell short of in the areas you have highlighted. I have spoken to both our Director of Housekeeping and Chief Engineer to be more vigilant with room inspections to avoid missing out in these areas in the future.

As part of our commitment to continual improvements, I thank you again for your comments.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

always one of the best hotels in Singapore

I prefer to stay at this hotel because of it's central location in Orchard Road

courteous and friendly front office staff

wish they can convert from instant coffee in-room to personal coffee makers like Nespresso or Lavazza coffee machines

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear argylecamacho,

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to see the same faces return again and again, making Mandarin Orchard a home away from home. We are always very pleased to offer our Asian hospitality with grace, warmth and care to all who stay, dine and meet with us; it is a pleasure to have you.

Thank you for your comments with regards to coffee. This is something I will certainly raise in our review meetings.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

On business with my wife accomadating. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay for 10 days. Well worth the expense. Suggest the Meritus Club. Breakfast in the morning and cocktails in the evening made for an enjoyable stay. The staff was most accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Darryl K,

Thank you for your comments on your latest stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be accommodating. Our Asian hospitality is something that we always strive to offer with grace, warmth and care.

I look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Singapore.