“Mandarin Orchard”

Ranked #74 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 26, 2013

always one of the best hotels in Singapore

I prefer to stay at this hotel because of it's central location in Orchard Road

courteous and friendly front office staff

wish they can convert from instant coffee in-room to personal coffee makers like Nespresso or Lavazza coffee machines

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear argylecamacho,

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to see the same faces return again and again, making Mandarin Orchard a home away from home. We are always very pleased to offer our Asian hospitality with grace, warmth and care to all who stay, dine and meet with us; it is a pleasure to have you.

Thank you for your comments with regards to coffee. This is something I will certainly raise in our review meetings.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (10,618)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

On business with my wife accomadating. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay for 10 days. Well worth the expense. Suggest the Meritus Club. Breakfast in the morning and cocktails in the evening made for an enjoyable stay. The staff was most accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Darryl K,

Thank you for your comments on your latest stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be accommodating. Our Asian hospitality is something that we always strive to offer with grace, warmth and care.

I look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Singapore.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

A great property which is located on orchard road, as I was there for business, it was central to my meetings and great after hours as I was so close to all the shopping with the shops open until 9 or 10pm! Gotta love Singapore for that. Its also worth upgrading to an exec room to include Internet access, breakfast and pre dinner drinks than paying for Internet and breakfast by the day. The exec floor lounge is quiet and the service is excellent. I also found concierge to be fantastic and very helpful. Unfortunately I didn't have time to enjoy the leisure facilities, but the pool looked inviting.

There are a few good restaurants to choose from. The buffet is incredible! Everything from a sushi chef preparing sushi, to Indian, roast dinners... Definitely try the Mandarin Chicken Rice at Chatterbox. It was comfortable to eat there on my own and there were many people dining for leisure and business. I highly recommend this hotel for a more traditional style property with great service.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Jacqui_Wright,

Thank you for your review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of the all day complimentary refreshments included within our Club Lounge for Meritus Club Room guests.

Our famous Chatterbox restaurant continues to serve the most famous Chicken Rice in town; I am pleased you were able to try this legendary dish first hand.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again, whether on business or leisure.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel several times. But after my last visit I stopped to go there. I was taking a shower and saw a big cockroach on the wall. I thought I would faint. My husband was really shocked. Even the staff. But they didn't offer to change the room so I could not sleep as I seemed cockroaches. But if you are not afraid of it in general the hotel is nice with good location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Anturix,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read of your experience. Please do contact me at gmoffice.orchard@meritushotels.com so I can investigate this matter further.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel may be a bit big and anonymous, but the location is great and the rooms are good. It was only built recently and is still in top condition. This place arguably offers the best value on Orchard road.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank User124

Dear User124,

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you found Mandarin Orchard Singapore to be good value. We provide the same Asian hospitality to all who stay, dine and meet with us.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Everything about this hotel was good. After a long flight; it was nice to have not only a very friendly staff to greet and check me in; but the room was also quite nice.

Hotels in Singapore can be quite expensive but I thought this was a very good value. Close to the subway and all the shopping you could want.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear DCRealtorJim,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Mandarin Orchard Singapore is committed to offering traditional Asian hospitality with grace, warmth and care to all who stay, dine and meet with us; it was a pleasure to see you experienced this first hand.

Thank you again for your comments and I will look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Singapore.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great place centrally located with easy access to metro subway system. The hotel lobby is on the fifth floor as the first 4 floors are shops. Breakfast consists of full menu - fusion of asian and continental flare, fresh salad is also avialable - buffet style. The host and hostess are cheerful with their big smiles and assists guests right away and very pleasant start for the day. The chief chef was so accommodating that prepared a hot tea lemon honey for me and my wife as we both suffer by the sudden change of weather. We booked for a king size bed and the room is spacious. The bath consists of a tub and a separate stand up shower. The shower heads are bit tricky the first time we use it - but it was nice and greatly refreshing as its a multi headed shower heads. It's always impressive to stay in a centrally located facility as its a short walk to everything - high end shops and malls. There is a tourist information a 3 minute walk on the opposite side of the street. We took the subway it an easy commute around the city. We went to Chinatown, Santosa etc. One thing is notice in most of the subway entry and exit they do have a shops, eatery.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Daiwin,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at Mandarin Orchard Singapore.

I am delighted you enjoyed our wide variety of breakfast items and found our team members to be accommodating; we focus out attention of ensuring our Asian hospitality is offered at all times with grace, warmth and care.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in Singapore.