This hotel is located right in the middle of Orchard Road, making it easily accessible to the major stores and transportation hubs in the area. All the major shopping malls like Ion, Takashimaya, Paragon, and Somerset are all within walking distance. The MRT is located conveniently connected to the malls and cabs are easy to come by in the area. Food choices are abundant and the well-lit street stays busy until late at night. A perfectly convenient place for those who plan to do a lot of shopping in the area.
The hotel itself is nicely designed and well-maintained. The room we got had two double beds, ample closet space, a sofa desk and coffee facilities which were all built into the wall to create a bigger space. A flat screen TV showed several international channels, and complimentary coffee and tea service was available in the mini-bar. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a toilet, bidet, and shower/ tub. My only complaint is that the blow dryer in our bathroom was old and had tape holding the nozzle together, making it difficult to use. Air conditioning was adequate and set at a comfortably cool temperature. Daily housekeeping did a great job at keeping the place tidy and replenished complimentary bottled water daily. A sign in the bathroom indicated that tap water was safe to drink, but we did not risk trying it out like we did in Europe.
One thing I did find confusing was their service elevators. Some elevators serviced only specific floors making it a bit of a hassle having to go around to find the right elevators to get to your floor. You need your hotel key to get the elevator to work, which is a good security measure on the part of the hotel. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful, and quick to respond to guests needs.
Breakfast buffet had a good selection of international dishes. A variety of cheeses, sausages, bacon, ham, porridge, yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles were available, as well as a small selection of Indian and Chinese dishes.
Overall, had a pleasant stay here and the hotel was a good place to rest after a long day of walking, sightseeing, and shopping. I would book with this hotel again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1971, Mandarin Orchard Singapore is a veritable icon in the local hospitality industry, embodying rich Oriental charm. Its prominent location in the heart of the world-renowned shopping belt of Orchard Road makes it the preferred hotel of choice for many visitors. Boasting some 1,077 guest rooms, each a harmonious blend of comfort and contemporary elegance, they are equipped with broadband Internet access, comprehensive amenities and a panoramic view of the city from the higher floors. A smorgasbord of food and beverage offerings is available throughout the hotel. These include award-winning cuisines from Chatterbox, home of the Mandarin Chicken Rice; Shishen Hanten Sichuan Chinese Restaurant by Chef Kentaro; Triple Three, an international buffet restaurant; Coffee & Crust, a cafe serving tempting cakes, pastries and coffee; and Bar on 5, a chill-out bar five floors above Orchard Road. The hotel also offers expansive meeting and function facilities, making it the ideal choice for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Hotel
- Singapore Mandarin