I come to Singapore very often, either for Medical check up of family members, Shopping, or Holidays. Since 1998 have been coming to Singapore at least twice a year and in that I would say I have stayed at this Hotel 90% of the time, why? One answer: Location
For a regular customer coming so many times to this hotel there should be a loyalty program which I am not sure there is. But I have to agree this hotel has one of the best location in Singapore. Besides Takashimaya/Ngee Ann City Shopping mall, Opposite to Paragon Shopping Mall, this hotel is linked to the new Mandarin Gallery shopping mall within which you can go directly to Cathay Cineplex. If Orchard road is the heart of Singapore, this hotel is indeed at the center of Orchard road. Mount Elizabeth Hospital which has become a destination for many people from our country is also very closeby.
Since I have been coming to this hotel since a long time, I am a little disappointed that the Main Tower rooms have not been refurbished yet. The rooms look a little old and furnitures and fixtures remain the same since a long time have also become a little worn out. I did choose Premier room which I did not find any difference to the normal deluxe room in size or amenities but paid a higher price for the Premier room just for staying at higher floors (according to the front desk). But then since I have been staying at this hotel since a long time I know that choosing a Deluxe room is indeed the best option and putting in the request for a higher floor sometimes works. Also the Orchard Wing Tower has new rooms even though a little smaller in size and if you want to stay at this wing you must put in the request in advance (no guarantee).
Would I stay at this hotel? I would say yes, but then I would sometimes interchange with the Grand Park Hotel just opposite the road just because I need to be at Orchard road. For people having no real need to stay at Orchard Road there are definitely better options available a little further down the Orchard road and also at Marina Bay Area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1971, Mandarin Orchard Singapore is a veritable icon in the local hospitality industry, embodying rich Oriental charm. Its prominent location in the heart of the world-renowned shopping belt of Orchard Road makes it the preferred hotel of choice for many visitors. Boasting some 1,077 guest rooms, each a harmonious blend of comfort and contemporary elegance, they are equipped with broadband Internet access, comprehensive amenities and a panoramic view of the city from the higher floors. A smorgasbord of food and beverage offerings is available throughout the hotel. These include award-winning cuisines from Chatterbox, home of the Mandarin Chicken Rice; Shishen Hanten Sichuan Chinese Restaurant by Chef Kentaro; Triple Three, an international buffet restaurant; Coffee & Crust, a cafe serving tempting cakes, pastries and coffee; and Bar on 5, a chill-out bar five floors above Orchard Road. The hotel also offers expansive meeting and function facilities, making it the ideal choice for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Hotel
- Singapore Mandarin