Having travelled extensively around South East Asia for many years, this hotel rates as one of the worst hotels we have experienced.
Upon checking in my wife and I were advised by the reception staff that all of our credit cards had been rejected, only to find out after leaving Singapore that the card details for all cards had been entered incorrectly by the hotel staff. Upon entering our room, which was of an average standard, we discovered that there was no mini bar. Also, there was a constant sound of a jack hammer coming into our room from the renovations occuring in another part of the hotel. This noise continued for lengthy periods throughout our four day stay at the hotel.
As there was nothing to drink in our room we departed for the lobby bar, which had happy hour from 5 pm to 8 pm every day, however, this only applied to beer and mocktails. The staff working in this bar were most unpleasant and walked around with a scowl on their faces for most of the time. To order a drink was difficult, as the staff in this area were too busy or could not care less if you had a drink or not. On one occasion I attempted to order a drink and I gave up after 15 minutes without success.
When we looked around the hotel to purchase water and other items we discovered that the shops in the hotel were not open on weekends, which was inconvienent having stayed over a weekend and given the hotel is located in an isolated area.
Each time we ventured from the hotel we had difficulty getting a taxi to return to the right hotel and on two occasions we were delivered to the Furama City, located near Clarke Quay. We discovered that the hotel had been renamed from the Apollo Hotel to the Furama, which obviously has confused the local taxi fraternity.
When checking out of the hotel we again attempted to have our credit cards accepted, to no avail. Therefore, we had to cash in our Australian dollars to settle the account. When the conversion to Singapore dollars was completed we were disgusted to find that the conversion was at a $1.08 Singapore for each Australian dollar. We had not received anything under a $1.20 anywhere else during our stay in Singapore. Amongst the frustration now being experienced and after settling the account, the cashier now advised us that the final amount was incorrect as they had overcharged us for breakfast (already paid for when booking our travel).
If you are considering staying at this hotel, please do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an elegant retreat from the urban rush at the Furama RiverFront. The exquisite hotel features well-appointed rooms with a full range of modern amenities overlooking either the Singapore skyline, lush greenery or the swimming pool. Guests can relax comfortably in a tranquil environment with the city's entertainment hub at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Splitty, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furama RiverFront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Riverfront Hotel Singapore
- Furama Riverfront Singapore
- Furama Hotel Singapore