“Exceptional service!”

Ranked #104 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kitchener, Canada
“Exceptional service!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in late March 2014 for 5 nights and enjoyed our time. Staying on the 5th floor worked extremely well for us because both the gym and pool are on those floors and we used both. There are 4 elevators so you never wait for more than a minute or less. The hotel itself is not new and is a little tired in some areas like carpeting in the hallways. Because i was there on business the i did not pay the bill and we qualified for the Executive Lounge use during our stay. Several people in the lounge provided us with exceptional service but I only remember a young man named Winton and a young Korean woman named Jessica both of them deserve special mention although I would mention all who work in that area if i recalled their names.Breakfast was served in the EL and although it is a more limited buffet than the restaurant on the same floor it was more than enough. The rooms were comfortable but I did not like the entire washroom being all glass and there is a design flaw with the shower in that the divider between the showers and toilet are not long enough so that water gets all over the floor in from of the toilet and your clueing it up after every shower. Other than these slight annoyances the rest of the hotel is very nice, the pool area very well kept and the gym well equipped with the essentials. There is another lounge with live entertainment and a Malaysian restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here on business in early April. The hotel is generally OK but has seen better days; the standard room I had was farily run down, but perfectly clean and servicable. A gripe is that they charge an exorbitant amount (S$25 per day) for poor quality broadband - I travel three months of the year and just don't experience this anymore. There are probably far better options in Singapore - as I discovered whilst out walking - so I'd choose differently next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Staying at Furama Riverfront was a real pleasure.

The facilities were first rate, as were all the staff.

A short leisurely walk to the riverfront and nearby cafes bars and restaurants.

The in house restaurants and breakfasts were all very good and staffed by friendly, polite hosts.

Traveling alone, I utitilised a number of the Tours on offer and each time, the staff members handled the bookings efficiently.
I have told many people about my time at Furama Riverfront and will continue to recommend it to anyone who is planning to stay in Singapore.

I look forward to my next visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Damien101
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in a Deluxe Room.

It took us a while to choose a hotel for this trip because so many reviews moaned about Singapore's small and/or expensive hotel rooms. I was happy to find Furama RiverFront which had good reviews and a discount offer for stays of 3 nights or more.

At check in, there was a mixup with the reservation -- they gave us a 1 king size bed instead of 2 singles. However since we arrived at 1am, we opted to just check in the room and move to another one in the morning, no dramas.

Booking via the hotel's website gave us free wi-fi and upgrade to a Deluxe Room. The room we moved to was very roomy and had all the standard amenities. It wasn't very modern, but when it comes down to it, we prioritize & function space over flash. It was very much like the room shown on the hotel's website, so there were no surprises there.

The staff at the hotel, especially the guys at the concierge were very friendly, greeting us whenever we left and arrived, and always asking us if we needed any assistance. Through another promotion found on the hotel's website, we had buffet dinner at The Square at half off. The buffet was very good with many local and western dishes.

In terms of location, Furama RiverFront isn't as "close to the action" as other hotels, however Great World shopping mall is just a 5-10 minute walk away. The mall has a supermarket, cafes, brand-name stores and a food court plus a free shuttle bus to Orchard Road. If you want to try the local specialties, Zion Road Food Centre is right across Great World shopping mall. It's not as large as the more famous hawker centers, but it did the trick for us.

We were very satisfied with RiverFront and would be more than happy to stay there again on our next visit to Singapore.

Room Tip: Book direct on the hotel's website to enjoy free wi-fi and room upgrades
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My business hotel in Singapore, enjoyed the rooms and good customer service. Breakfast might be a little busy especially during peak hours. It would also help if they could speed up their check out and check in services. But, otherwise I enjoyed my stays there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Nice overall affordable hotel in Singapore. Use it often during my business trip and I would say good quality for the price. Staff friendly, good breakfast. Many restaurants close by (5 minutes walk...).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TomcatZH
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I think I was allocated to the older rooms which really need some refurbishment...however, having said that I am glad I am in this older room.

pro - big and spacious. Big king bed (2 singles join together), good view of the pool, carpetted and a nice simple bathtub.

con - furniture creaks, bathroom door can't shut properly...it basically have that old feeling.

the breakfast was surprisingly had a gd range (I do not expect much) but I cant say the quality was fantastic. Love the plenty of fruit choice and indian curries.

• Stayed March 2014