Despite the so-so reviews, I took my chances and booked it through Asia Rooms.I specifically asked for a non smoking room with a king sized bed, and true enough, they did put my requests into account.We stayed in the 17th floor and it turns out this was one of the rooms newly renovated.
1- Despite the old facade, the rooms are quite good.We mostly stay in boutique and small hotels and the renovated rooms are up to par with the boutique ones.
2-Mid-priced range hotel
3-Location is excellent as Great World City is just a few minutes walk.Just be sure to slap on some mosquito lotion if you're prone to mosquito bites as the road is lined with shrubbery and quite moist especially after rains.
4-they offer child minding services as long as you book 6 hours advance and book for at least 3 hours.
5-in room dining was quite good.the nasi goreng was a bit too spicy for me.Most are generously sized portions for those days or nights you simply can't be bothered to eat out.
6-Toiletry is Crabtree and Evelyn.Better than Molton Brown which most hotels use nowadays.They even provide new ones once they see a bottle is halfway empty.
1-the carpeting in the room isn't impressive.it's the same carpeting in the hallways and it always look damp and moist.They renovated all right but they need to do the same with their flooring.
2-The laundry self service is quite expensive! It's irritating as well that it only takes 1 SGD coins.You have to have a lot of coins as the machine costs 8 SGD per load and another 8 SGD for the dryer (believe me, you will need this, especially if you travel with a toddler and / or pack light).Maybe a token that would take bills and dispense change beside it would be good.The only thing they don't charge is detergent use. Still, cheaper than if you have it done by them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an elegant retreat from the urban rush at the Furama RiverFront. The exquisite hotel features well-appointed rooms with a full range of modern amenities overlooking either the Singapore skyline, lush greenery or the swimming pool. Guests can relax comfortably in a tranquil environment with the city's entertainment hub at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Furama RiverFront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Riverfront Hotel Singapore
- Furama Riverfront Singapore
- Furama Hotel Singapore