“3rd stay (over 2 years) at Furama Riverfront does not disappoint”
Review of Furama RiverFront

Furama RiverFront
Ranked #96 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The staff, accommodation, meals and service have been consistently good at this medium-priced hotel in stays lasting from 10 to 14 days in May and June 2011 and August and September 2012.

The hotel is conveniently located near Clark Quay and has everything one needs.

Fussy folk will find that the rooms are a little shabby, room decor is not inviting, and plumbing and tiling could do with an overhaul - but it is all perfectly OK.

Be prepared to change your outgoing SMTP settings if you want to use Outlook, and brace yourself for it to be more of a production than usual. There is GOOD onsite IT support 24/7. Kudos to David Tan and his colleagues.

Overall, this is value for money. I was there to present workshops and the convention/seminar facilities and support are unsurpassed.

Room Tip: Try for the 12th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank speech_woman
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Speech-Woman,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to present your workshops without any hassles. Yes, David and his team do a fantastic job at providing 24/7 IT Support and we would be totally lost without them.
Once again, thank you very much for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back with
us in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

A very tired hotel in need of renovations. Some of those renovations were underway during our stay in early October 2012. Had we know about the ongoing construction we would have moved to another hotel? Check before you book to make sure no construction is underway.
Service was poor. Lots of staff standing around. In general not very helpful. Breakfast buffet was poor quality at best. Limited choices and no make to order eggs or omelets. Even the staff here was not very attentive.
Rooms were in need of some care and general maintenance. I would recommend finding another hotel that this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I read your review with disappointment. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced. I have noted your feedback that you found many of our staff standing around and in general not being very helpful. With regards to the made to order eggs station, that is the highlight I look forward to at every breakfast buffet I frequent. Rest assured that I will pass on your feedback to the relevant departments for their necessary action. Once again, allow me to extend my sincerest apologies and I look forward to welcoming you back once our refurbishments are over and our new executive rooms and pavilion are available for use.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights over the Grand Prix weekend and it was a very great choice. We weren't sure what to expect of this hotel since it was certainly amongst the cheaper options for this particular weekend but we weren't disappointed.

We'd emailed ahead to say that we were on an early landing flight and when we arrived at the hotel around 9am our room was ready for us. We couldn't have been happier after approximately 20 hours of travel.

We were on the 19th (top) floor in one of the executive rooms. The room was a good size and the bathroom certainly provided a few chuckles when we first arrived since the walls are floor to ceiling glass. There is a blind which can be pulled down but I'd still say that you'd probably want to know your roommate reasonably well to go for this type of room! We didn't really make use of all the extras you get with these rooms but I can say that breakfast in the executive lounge was lovely and not the noisy/busy breakfast buffet affair you find in most hotels. They were also happy to give you as many wifi access codes as you required.

All the staff were very friendly and efficient and gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble.

Location wise I wouldn't say the hotel was as central as many others, it's in a quieter part of town but to be honest that suited us perfectly since Singapore was pretty busy with Grand Prix supporters so it was nice to escape back to our quiet hotel away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xKABx
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear xKAB, thank you for your lovely comments! We do try to make your stay with us as delightful as possible! Do think of us when you drop by Singapore again.
Oh, did we mention, you have to try out our Pillow Buffet too!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night in September, on the evening of the Grand Prix.

We were warmly welcome by the staff and we enjoyed our stay.

The hotel lobby is lovely and we enjoyed drinks in the Waterfall Lounge. The location of the hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Clarke Quay and 5 minutes or so to Robertson Quay.

The rooms are not the most modern, but they are clean and had air conditioning etc. The beds were comfortable and again, I found all the staff to be professional, efficient and polite.

Would stay here as my first choice, but that said it's a good hotel.

Good offers on drinks also between 1800-2100 during Happy Hour.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank elninomagico

Dear elninomagico, thank you for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here with my husband between 26th August to 8th September 2012.
The overall experience was good and I really enjoyed my stay.
Rooms were good ( executive rooms, between 17th & 19th Floor), except the following :
as I entered the room, first thing I saw was the wash basin, which was indeed not appealing, otherwise room was OK.
Always ask for the rooms facing the City-view, as the pool view rooms are not having any view.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms with city view, pool view rooms are not having any view from rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Indrani, thank you for your comments. We're glad the overall experience with us was good. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have got a chance to stay here for one night. Overall feeling is that the room size is big which is the good thing together with the lcd tv. But the overall feeling is that the room is old and some smell in the cabinet.
The bathroom is clean but not to the level of high quality one, the tower size is tiny even i am not a big size person.
The breakfast is fine with variety food.

The price is not cheap.
Internet speed is good from my feeling.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kobchula

Dear Kobchula,
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department and they are looking into the issues. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced.
On the bright side, we are elated you enjoyed our breakfast selection and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I know Singapore is an expensive place to stay, but having paid much more than I have paid almost anywhere else, I was disappointed with just how average the service was, and by the ordinary quality of the rooms. The room was plain, of reasonable size, clean, but starting to look shabby. The bathroom was also looking well worn, with amateurish maintenance attempts, and plugs that malfunctioned.
Somebody needs to pass on the message that expensive wifi is a a big turn-off. The position is so-so, but there are some good little riverside eating establishments just behind the hotels on the opposite side of the road.
The hourly complimentary shuttle bus to Orchard Road and Clarke Quay is also a plus.

Room Tip: "Deluxe" room is a euphemism for ordinary.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roadrider_12
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Roadrider_12,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced.
I have shared your concerns with our respective departments. Allow us to take your review as a learning experience.
On another note, we are glad you enjoyed the eateries by the Singapore River.