“Value for money - I will go back”
Review of Furama RiverFront

Furama RiverFront
Ranked #93 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Overall Impressions:
I was a solo female traveller, and stayed for 7 nights. There are hotels closer to Orchard Road / Clarke Quay and other touristy spots. However due to the length of my stay I was happy not to be so close to the hustle and bustle. Singapore's excellent public tranport system and taxis mean that you are never very far from anywhere! The Furama Riverfront has seen better days, and given Singapore's refurbishment mania, the old gal is looking a bit tired when compared to other hotels. However I would still recommend it for the excellent staff and value for money.

Check In / Check Out:
I arrived at the hotel at 6:15 am, fully pre-warned by my travel agent that an early check in was requested, but not guaranteed. I was prepared to do a Hop On Hop Off Tour until check in time (14:00). The concierge explained that due to the time of day, there would be a small wait for the room. The small wait turned out to be 25 mins and I was not charged for early check in. I was so happy about this, as I had expected to check my luggage and disappear for a while. I was most greatful to be able to check in so early. I was offered a late check out at no extra charge, and this was most appreciated given my travel times.

Room:
I stayed in a deluxe room, the double bed was comfy and the sheets were nice, nothing fancy. The towels were a bit thin, but fine. The shower was over the bath, and the water pressure and heat were great. The room included a safe, wardrobe and mini bar. The room was clean, and I was greatful for the adjustable air con - I get cold very quickly.

- The Spa Furama was great, and my beautician was very attentive. I had a 1.5 hr body massage and 1 hr facial. The massage was faaabulous! Great pressure.
- The swimming pool outdoor area is clean and well maintained. The design of the pool, and the decor in the change rooms are a bit dated and could do with an upgrade.
- The fitness room is good for a hotel: 2 treadmills; an elliptical; 2 bikes; free weights from 2 kg - 20 kg; nautilas type machines. I was able to do a decent work out each day. The one sour point . The hotel should provide a spray bottle of disenfectant and paper towels to wipe over the gym equipment. The equipment can get covered in sweat and I tried to wipe down the equipment with my towel as best I could. I ended up taking down my hand wipes when I went to work out.
- Laundry facilites were available, and I used them. $8 SGD per wash, and $8 SGD for a dry. Free laundry powder was a nice touch.
- I didn't know about the free shuttle bus to Orchard Road each day until my last day :(

Close By:
- Short walk across Havelock Rd, cafes and restaurants along the river in Robertson Quay.
- About 15 mins away is a small shopping mall, that had a supermarket.
- There are several bus stops around the hotel, and I found it easier to catch a bus to Orchard Road MRT and then make my way around from there. An EZI Link Card / or Tourist Pass is a must if you are staying longer than a couple of days and want to do a lot of sight seeing.
- The two times I took a taxi to Orchard Rd it cost $4.80, and $5.20, very cheap.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank TummyRumbles
Write a ReviewReviews (2,482)

Reviewed May 20, 2011

What a magnificent hotel. We had a beautiful room, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, wonderful friendly people and nothing was a bother to them. They have a courtesy (no charge) bus to take you into Orchard Rd for shopping and will return you to the hotel. The food there especially the breakfasts were superb. We will definitely stay there again. Close to Chinatown and Clarke Quay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Staff made check in and out very easy also very friendly and helpful.
Received free upgrade to Deluxe Room which was big ,quiet and very comfortable,
Transport:- Bus stops very close, MRT approx 15mins walk (along river to Clark Quay) and 30,000 Taxi's very cheap.
Bars and Restaurants on the riverfront 5 mins walk away.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

It's a nice place to stay but it is away from the main city. The rooms were large and spacious and we asked for connecting rooms, which made our lives simpler.
I would recomend travellers to stay here.

1  Thank WeekendTravellers77
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I booked this hotel through the Jet airways website and I must say I had a good deal of 4300INR per night.
The hotel does not allow you to check in early and I had to use the pool bathroom to get ready and run for my meeting.
The people are friendly and the concierge welcomed me by name in the evening when I had to collect my bags.
There is a gas station across the road where you could buy all the regular 711 stuff

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Furama Riverfront - The name itself is deceptive as it is on the other side of the road from where the Singapore river is and I really doubt as to any floors really have any river view at all !

The lobby is noisy and a little disorderly. The room rates were almost same as some other better hotels in the area with a better view. Inspite of being on the expensive side, there was no breakfast included in it. No free wifi anywhere in the hotel lobby or anything.

The rooms were very very bare, simple and drab, the corridors dark and unlit.

would surely not recommend this one as there are many options much nicer than this one for the price it charges.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

in singapore where taxis r tough to find when rain comes which is often stay near an MRT(local metro) or bus stop. furama is far from any of these. the lobby and restaurants are pleasing to eye, rooms are not, good pool. check out at 12 but u can keep the luggage with the hotel and when u come back to collect it can use the rest rooms to freshen up.