I was a solo female traveller, and stayed for 7 nights. There are hotels closer to Orchard Road / Clarke Quay and other touristy spots. However due to the length of my stay I was happy not to be so close to the hustle and bustle. Singapore's excellent public tranport system and taxis mean that you are never very far from anywhere! The Furama Riverfront has seen better days, and given Singapore's refurbishment mania, the old gal is looking a bit tired when compared to other hotels. However I would still recommend it for the excellent staff and value for money.
Check In / Check Out:
I arrived at the hotel at 6:15 am, fully pre-warned by my travel agent that an early check in was requested, but not guaranteed. I was prepared to do a Hop On Hop Off Tour until check in time (14:00). The concierge explained that due to the time of day, there would be a small wait for the room. The small wait turned out to be 25 mins and I was not charged for early check in. I was so happy about this, as I had expected to check my luggage and disappear for a while. I was most greatful to be able to check in so early. I was offered a late check out at no extra charge, and this was most appreciated given my travel times.
I stayed in a deluxe room, the double bed was comfy and the sheets were nice, nothing fancy. The towels were a bit thin, but fine. The shower was over the bath, and the water pressure and heat were great. The room included a safe, wardrobe and mini bar. The room was clean, and I was greatful for the adjustable air con - I get cold very quickly.
- The Spa Furama was great, and my beautician was very attentive. I had a 1.5 hr body massage and 1 hr facial. The massage was faaabulous! Great pressure.
- The swimming pool outdoor area is clean and well maintained. The design of the pool, and the decor in the change rooms are a bit dated and could do with an upgrade.
- The fitness room is good for a hotel: 2 treadmills; an elliptical; 2 bikes; free weights from 2 kg - 20 kg; nautilas type machines. I was able to do a decent work out each day. The one sour point . The hotel should provide a spray bottle of disenfectant and paper towels to wipe over the gym equipment. The equipment can get covered in sweat and I tried to wipe down the equipment with my towel as best I could. I ended up taking down my hand wipes when I went to work out.
- Laundry facilites were available, and I used them. $8 SGD per wash, and $8 SGD for a dry. Free laundry powder was a nice touch.
- I didn't know about the free shuttle bus to Orchard Road each day until my last day :(
- Short walk across Havelock Rd, cafes and restaurants along the river in Robertson Quay.
- About 15 mins away is a small shopping mall, that had a supermarket.
- There are several bus stops around the hotel, and I found it easier to catch a bus to Orchard Road MRT and then make my way around from there. An EZI Link Card / or Tourist Pass is a must if you are staying longer than a couple of days and want to do a lot of sight seeing.
- The two times I took a taxi to Orchard Rd it cost $4.80, and $5.20, very cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an elegant retreat from the urban rush at the Furama RiverFront. The exquisite hotel features well-appointed rooms with a full range of modern amenities overlooking either the Singapore skyline, lush greenery or the swimming pool. Guests can relax comfortably in a tranquil environment with the city's entertainment hub at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furama RiverFront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Riverfront Hotel Singapore
- Furama Riverfront Singapore
- Furama Hotel Singapore