“No Regret Staying here!”

Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy
Ranked #64 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stay 3 night and it was excellent interms of the convienence. Opersite a shopping mall and transport is good for me for my free and easy after work.

Room is excellentr except the frige which is of antric :)

Good for money!! will recommend to others as safety is good also!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
LinaTS, Quality & Training Executive at Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel!

We are pleased to read your positive comments about the convenience of our location. The Parkway Parade shopping mall is just across the road, indeed, and has a big variety of goods to offer.

You may also wish to know that we just started a new shuttle bus service for the convenience of our valued guests. The bus provides free transportation to the nearest MRT station, Paya Lebar. It is a one-way shuttle bus which departures the Hotel every half an hour, starting at 7 AM until 10 AM.

Your comment on the mini-bar has been noted and we will ask our Engineering team to conduct an inspection to ensure they are in good working order.

I hope you will give us the pleasure to have you as our guest again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. My email is: H3610-HR1@ACCOR.COM.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I visit Singapore three times a year and have stayed at lots of different hotels over the years. I have given all the other hotels a miss now and just book into the Grand Mercure Roxy. I know now that I am assured of good friendly service, a clean room at reasonable prices.
There are several things I love about this hotel, the breakfast buffet is very good for the price especially the egg station. The managers Deep and Rosi try their hardest to always deliver excellent service and cater to our every need.I love the pool area especially having a few drinks and then dinner there at night. The Chicken Curry is delicious!
The shopping centre mall directly across the road is so handy as it has a couple of the main Department stores there and many of the same shops as in Orchard Road, so if time is short you can pick up whatever you need just so close to the hotel. The airport shuttle is great and saves a lot on cab fares.
If you need something at this hotel they always try very hard to cater to your needs.
Thank you to the staff and Management of this hotel as I have enjoyed some wonderful stays there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanSydneyAustralia

Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your positive comments about our Hotel.

It is a great pleasure for us to read such nice compliments about Deep and Rossi. It is a fact that our team strives to provide their best service and satisfy all our guests. Deep and Rossi will be recognized for the job well done and the chefs will be complimented for their delicious Chicken curry.

Please do not hesitate to contact me before your future stay as I would be happy to personally welcome you at the Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

The airport shuttle service was definately a big bonus. The reason for prefering this very hotel was the location. There's starbucks, Mc Donald's, KFC, Giordano, etc all near-by to it. The Hotel is situated on Marine Parade Road which is one of the best area in Singapore. There's a big mall, food street and beach( all walkable distance) in-front of hotel. I'd my stay for 8 days and every evening I would walk to beach or mall. It depends if you can walk upto beach, else mall is just a road across.

There are many big brand hotels in Singapore, but the fares of this hotel is definately pocket friendly and indeed luxurious; you won't feel cheep staying here. I'd seen many big airline companies air-hostesses and pilots having check-in in the hotel. You won't get to hear horns or any other noise in the rooms. Rooms were clean and size was good enough.

The Hotel staff is very friendly. I'd my early flight, so they'd let me check in 3 hours before the check-in time. The buffet was very delightful, full of options. The thing I'd liked most was the cafe, you can come at any time and the staff would serve you coffee or wine with pleasent smile. That's enough to make yourself feel to be special.

The only thing it lacks is that "there are no Metro station near-by" Unless you are wise enough to understand the bus schedule, be ready to pay for taxi. You can get enough taxi options, unlike other hotels in Singapore you need not to stand long for one. The staff calls upon Taxi at any time. You can get all big as well as small brands of Taxi operator here; from Toyota to Merc.

The pool was very relaxing in evening, unlike other hotels in city where you get to hear car horns more than peace of mind. the coctails served near to pool was all I needed by that time and they had certainly provided me many. Without any second thought, this same hotel for every time I stay in Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RichaKasrija

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel!

We are pleased to read your positive review.

We value you comments about our location, rooms and quality of service. This feedback is important to us as it would help us motivate our team to continuously give their best service.

With respect to the MRT station, you may wish to know that we recently started additional free shuttle bus service, to the nearest MRT station, Paya Lebar, for the convenience of our guests. This is a one-way bus which operates daily, every half an hour, from 7 AM to 10:00AM.

On your next visit perhaps you would like to try out the famous Singapore Sling at the Roxy poolside bar, prepared by our barman JJ who worked at the Raffles Hotel, the inventors of the cocktail.

Thank you again and we hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I recently visited Singapore. I picked this Hotel, because it was close to where my son & family were staying in a friend's unit (10 minute walk). The hotel like others worldwide is ageing, but it is still a good hotel. Excellent breakfast, courteous staff, close to ferry terminal to Bintan Island, free hotel shuttle bus to & from Changi Airport. On our arrival I accidently kicked my foot at the airport making it bleed. When I got to the Hotel, it was still bleed/ing slightly on check-in. When we got to our room a hotel employee with a medical kit was right behind me, with antiseptic cream, information on location of doctor if needed. Now that is service, without even asking. Yes the pool is smaller than others, but most of the time we found only 3-4 people using it. Love Singapore, and on our return to this great city, we will certainly stay at the Grand Mercure Roxy. Oh, yes, Parkway Plaza across the road is a real bonus, and so is the walk or rollerskate along East Coast Parkway.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank widebay
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed in the Grand mercure for 3 weeks from 08/29 until 09/19, while on a business trip to Singapore. Overall the hotel was quite nice.

However, on checkout, I enquired about staying in the hotel for a few extra nights (on my own expense), and I was extremely disappointed with what the hotel responded with...
Normally, hotels would offer a competitive rate especially after you have spent in excess of 5000 SGD in the previous 3 weeks as well as almost 1000 SGD on incidentals. But i was told " that no discounts could be given, and I should check the internet for a cheaper rate!" I was shocked.

I am returning to Singapore on 10/01 and I was planning on staying in the Mercure again but the service level i received has changed my mind unfortunately.
My company also has a corporate relationship with the hotel and I will be speaking with the Office manager about the experience I had with the Mercure.

I am not normally a person top complain but I thought this was really poor after spending so much money in the hotel.

John

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jomahony
LinaTS, Quality & Training Executive at Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. Our team appreciates your feedback as it helps us to monitor where we need further improvement.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our Hotel overall. However, please accept our sincere apology for the way your request for a departure extension was handled. Please kindly forward us your details, as we would like to proceed with an investigation and contact you back. My email address is: H3610-HR1@ACCOR.COM.

At the Grand Mercure Roxy hotel, we endeavour to make all our guests happy and provide warm hospitality throughout their stay. I hope you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you again, and we are confident that your experience will be enjoyable.

Should you have any other requests please feel free to contact us directly.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy your stay as there is a lot of good to say about this hotel.

The property itself is lovely. The lobby is spacious, the dining halls well done and the pool and gym areas also nice. The rooms are a bit small, but that is the standard for eastern hotels.

Its location has some positives as well - close to the airport, the marina boardwalk and good local dining. There are some nightlife venues nearby as well, and good massage in the adjacent shopping mall.

For proper tourism, however, you'll need to catch a bus or a taxi, but both are easily done from the front of the hotel.

The drawback is that you really aren't in what a tourist would think of as Singapore proper - you're on the outskirts, and depending on your desires that may or may not be a good thing.

TIP: skip the hotel breakfast buffet, it is grossly overpriced and of inferior quality. Cross the footbridge and find a wide array of eastern and some western dining options.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Emmyx2
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights at Grand Mercure Roxy after having a great time in Malaysia. Check-in was fast and we got adjoining rooms though we had requested for connecting rooms. The room was quite clean and spacious. TV was a 32” LCD, bed was comfortable and there was a tea and coffee maker provided along with a mini bar. It was however a bit disappointing to see as our windows faced an apartment complex so we had to keep the curtains drawn all the time.

The breakfast spread was quite impressive with lots of variety. Staff was efficient and courteous.

The location is a bit away from the main city but there are plenty of shops and restaurants right across the road. Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family