“Great hotel in the heart of Singapore ! Love it”

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
Ranked #30 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great hotel in the heart of Singapore ! Love it”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This is my first night here and I really love it ... For business this is great it's in the middle of the city and right on orchard road 3 malls literally jus a few minutes walk from the front door of the hotel beautiful clean rooms great size for two people.

For couples looking for romance and or a family atmosphere I would recommend sentosa island resorts calm and a island vibe

The marriot however is great their currently renovating the pool I can't say much about that however they made arrangements with a pool close by but I don't think I'll be going to give any good feedback...

And FYI the staff is EXTREMLY friendly !

Defiantly will stay here again on future trips to Singapore ...

Thanks for liking my review if you found it helpful :)

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Following my negative review of seating strangeness I must say my lunch of salad nicoise with grilled salmon was excellent! And they got me out of there before 12 pm as I had stipulated. I had this dish once before when I had been to crossroads previously and wanted to see if quality was replicated and I have to say it absolutely was!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to Singapore and our second stay at the Marriott. Centrally located, near buses and subway. We toured all over the city with ease. The staff were excellent. Between trip advisor and suggestions from the staff we found great restaurants and fun things to see and do. The Marriott is near more shopping centers than we could count. A shoppers paradise. Highly recommended

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I frequently stay on business at Marriott hotels and can find then dull but this was not the case with the Marriott Singapore. It's in a great location on Orchard Road which is one of the main shopping roads in the centre of the city. The room was excellent. Their Crossroads Café at street level was good for people watching and the food was good which in not often the case for Marriott restaurants.. I certainly would go back again,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and it has always been a favorite. Its in a great location, has good food, and decent rooms. The staff has always been helpful and gone out of their way to satisfy my needs up until this last visit.

I usually work a full day in Singapore and then need to conference call back to the US in the evening. As a platinum member that has lounge privileges, my nighttime routine at this and all Marriotts has always been to get a snack at the lounge, then take it back to the room to munch on during my conference call. I am not rude enough to try to hold the conference call within earshot of lounge visitors that are there for peace and quiet.

This practice was brought to an abrupt halt this time, as an attendant stopped me in a quite loud voice in front of a room full of people in the lounge for the evening snacks and told me no food could be removed from the lounge. It made me feel like a thief caught in the act. I asked him why, and he said it was hotel policy. I looked around the room and realized that EVERY table was full, so my only option appeared to be to stand and eat the food while hoping for an empty table, and also be late for my conference call to do so. I left in disgust and never returned after that embarrassing treatment.

When checking out, I told the desk clerk what had happened. Instead of a "sorry," I was surprised to be told in a matter of fact manner that hotel management no longer allowed food to be taken out of the lounge because people may let the food sit too long in their room and then get sick eating it. They were "protecting' the guests. He also said they realized the lounge could not handle the number of visitors that currently use it, and there were future plans to expand seating. But in the interim, I had to live with having no place to sit, in effect rendering the lounge access useless for me and many others.

This protection reason makes no sense. How do they police room service deliveries? Do they come to the room after a few hours and demand the food back to "protect" the guest? No. My father was one of the original customers of the Marriott Hot Shoppes years ago, and he laughed at the thought that J. Willard Marriott would prohibit take out in his first food outlets for fear that customers may leave the sandwiches out too long and get sick. I hate to see Marriott, one of the hotels that has always facilitated my business needs, now let some corporate lawyer cut their service standard to save money while attempting to pretend to be protecting the guests.

If the lounge is important to you as a guest, I recommend the Hyatt next door. I hope there won't be other new policies that make doing business harder for guests.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra just to get lounge access. Its too full to sit sometimes.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ontheroadagainva
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A one night stay at the heart of the city in Mar 2014. Close to shopping and food which is always a plus. Spent the day shopping before retiring back to the spacious room at night. Went to the pool the next morning before checking out. Counter staff were responsive, professional and helpful. Sometimes, its good be play tourist in your own country.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shackled
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is an excellent hotel in a superb location right in the heart of Orchard Road. Our Suite was spacious and very comfortable . Breakfast was excellent .. Great choice of food. Would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. I would recommend opting for use of clubroom facilities . All inclusive food and drink from 5pm to around 9pm .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple