“Worderful stay at Singapore Marriott hotel”

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
Ranked #31 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Mandaue, Philippines
“Worderful stay at Singapore Marriott hotel”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Our 4-day stay in this hotel was so wonderful. I have nothing but good words for the staff and their service. The breakfast was delicious. Our room was well maintained though it was a bit small considering that it was on the executive floor. Overall my family and I were very satisfied. Thank you Lizette and Vic from the Marriott Cafe for being so nice and accommodating to us.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This 5 star hotel has perfect location as you live straigh on the main street in Singapore - Orchard Road. There are a lot of shopping malls around like ION, Paragon, Takashimaya. We lived on 23 floor so we had a nice view on the city. On 5 floor there is a pool. Big enough. Staff was very friendly and careful. Room was spacious and comfortable. We didn't take breakfast as it was expensive but it is not a problem in Singapore to have it outside the hotel. Just one negative thing was the internet rate. It was quite expensive. It is strange as in Europe usually it is for free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel, definitely a 5 Star luxury hotel locating im center of Singapore and reasonably priced. Room are fabulous ,spacious and modern bathroom with all the latest technology and great amenities. All people at the hotel from the guard to the people waiting tables really knew and acknowledge that how to treat customers to get the to feel at home and willing to come back.

Room Tip: Suite room was incredibly modern and spacious
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

An easy ride on the MRT from the airport was the first sign of an easy stay. This property is a place to go and do whatever you want. Being on the MRT line, it was easy to get all around the city. The pool was an oasis in the middle of a bustling metropolis. The gym, albeit small, suits my needs. I will return. For you late night resellers, the bar in the lobby area is an eyeful. The executive lounge was crowded but it had everything a frequent traveler could ever want, the food was great. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks on a business/leisure trip. The location of this hotel couldn't be better. Right in the middle of Orchard Road with great links to the MRT which can be so useful when it rains as the traffic seems to stop in Singapore for some reason. No idea why? Also it is only a 5 minute cab ride to Newton Circus for some local food and people watching. The staff in this hotel were very efficient and courteous and nothing was too much trouble for them. The concierges were very helpful and even arranged lunch and dinner appointments for me. Gave me some useful tips about where to go sight-seeing and what not to bother with so saved me quite a bit of time going to see things that weren't finished.

Yes, the internet charges are costly but free if you are a rewards member and if you are not one then sign up at reception and it is then free. Already being a member I didn't have to pay for the chrages and as noted by a previous comment that the charges were on the bill, yes so were mine but when I pointed it out upon check out they removed it immediately so no problem there.

The rooms are very spacious and yes the separate dressing area is definitely a plus. The workstation was fully equipped and very handy for those of us who had to work while in this beautiful city. Though I did go down and work by the pool on some days when I finished before 5pm and what a lovely place to write reports in. The poolside staff were very attentive and pleasant and catered to my every need like bringing me a salad and ice tea while I 'slaved' over my reports.

I didn't eat breakfast there but we did eat in the Crossroads cafe on quite a few occasions as this is just the perfect place to people watch with great food. Do try the local dishes if you ever get to eat there as I would highly recommend the crayfish laksa as being the best I have ever tasted and I should know as it is my favourite dish.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for the location, the efficient staff and the good food. I will certainly be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Do request a room facing Orchard/Scotts Road and on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fastidious05
Norwich
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was the last 3 nights of my honeymoon. After leaving Australia for the 2nd time which was just as difficult as the first, I was pleased to arrive in the Singapore Marriot. This hotel is good and has a very welcoming reception area and is in a great location next to all the expensive shops which was great for my wallet on honeymoon!! Room was very spacious and the wife was very pleased with the dressing room area so she could get ready while I closed the door of the bathroom and got myself ready. Executive lounge was great and we attended every evening and could basically eat a meal every evening before you went out. Great choice of food!! Breakfast here was also top notch!!! Now the pool area - this is cool, sunbeds and just relaxing while you can hear and feel the heat of the city below. Watch out for the short sharp showers (or monsoons!!!). Grand Prix was on while I was here and one tip, if this is on again or even if not go to Altitude Bar one evening...we did and you could see the whole racetrack while practice was happening. This hotel has a great location and if I am ever in Singapore again I would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisWhiting77
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 16, 2013

All in all still lot of improvements possible. One issue was the service: I called them asking about the internet connection on the night of my arrival and I was told that it was totally free if I am the Marriott Rewards Members. I told the officer that I am the Marriott Rewards Member and she told me that I can select any of the internet package and the charges will be waived. However, on the last night of my stay I received a bill charging me for the internet connection as well as the room recovery charges as a result of smoking in the room according to the housekeeper (which in fact I didn't smoke a single cigarette in the room). I try to explain to them to void the charges, but in fact they can only refer me here and there to the other officer. I was my worst experience staying in 5 star hotel. In addition, in my opinion I take them as opportunist to get this little money in reference to the internet connection case. Any customer who stayed under company expenses would not bother with this situation and would pay Marriott this internet charges. What a lousy hotel it is...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business