“Not worth the money spent”

Quality Hotel Marlow
Ranked #277 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Not worth the money spent”
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Too expensive for the facilities provided.. Dingy rooms.. Unfriendly staff especially at the counter... 'Not so much to choose' buffet breakfast... I have nothing against the hotel, but I wouldn't suggest this hotel for anybody who wants to take good memories of Singapore...

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dentistdilip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Colombo
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was their for 5 days, The Room is very nice I can't forget the days. Room services also good and the morning breakfase, they have many type of foods and drinks. Night I show the musical programe. Every thins is good.

Room Tip: Corner Suites and large and sunny
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Balakumar K
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I am a road warrior for the past 30 years. I have seen just about everything in just about most parts of the world. I survived the ex- Soviet Union's hotels in the late 80's and early 90's.... and not in Moscow.... in the remotest places in Siberia. I would go back to those hotels before I would return to this establishment misidentified as a 'hotel'. You come to Singapore, you expect a modicum of civilization... even in a budget hotel. Not in this dump. Shower was dirty, linens barely washed, rooms tiny and workspace minimally usable and no western TV channels. Service barely there. Do not expect to eat at the buffet. This place is set up for local asians and even they look askance at the quality of the food. The last time that I stayed at a Quality Inn was 14 years ago in the US.... and it took me this long to come back... now I have been permanently cured. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank apkusa

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Upon arrival and check-in, you think "cheap, but okay". But, then..old lipstick stains and black smudges on the sheets, 3 pillows - no more, "24-hr" Internet in the room cut off after 22 hrs (took 30 mins to re-connect), food poisoning from breakfast (not just me, but my business colleague as well), bed base which was in 2 halves. This hotel is geared to the cheap end of far east travel, with almost no concession to non-asians. I've been in better hotels in the middle of China, and I don't mean international hotels. That the rooms were tiny, was expected, but the overall package makes one think of the "hotel from hell". We were there because almost every hotel in Singapore was completely full - we noticed a number of other businessmen in the lobby when checking out - all had "haunted" expressions! By comparison, we fled to Kuala Lumpur and checked into the Renaissance (Marriott) at a CHEAPER rate than this hotel!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gprhk
Solo, Indonesia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Singapore hotels are typically have tiny rooms, and this hotel is not an exception. It should be okay, though, if you're not traveling with kids or on a honeymoon. It's better that you make an early reservations if you have room preferences (e.g. queen bed instead of twin, etc.) because you won't be able to sleep comfortably on their twin beds. They're hard and very small, and since I got a twin-bedded room in my first night of stay, I hurt my back the next morning I woke up so I asked to move to a queen-bedded room. Fortunately, the room and bathroom were clean and well equipped with enough supplies, so it was still bearable.

Make-up room service was a problem for me, though. The hotel provides a device placed near the bed that guests can use to ask for make-up room services or switching lights in the room, but it doesn't seem to be effective. I stayed 3 nights and had my room cleaned only once (after I asked the housekeeping man directly), though I already pushed the make-up room button several times.

Food is another story. Breakfast and lunch are nice and very reasonable priced here. They provide a wide choices of breakfast, and I loved their mashed potato a lot. Room service is also available if you don't feel like stepping out of your room. However, if you don't wanna eat in the hotel you can find lots of nice places outside. You can get a cab to Bugis area or Chinatown, or if you feel like walking, you can walk to the nearest MRT Station (Novena) and take MRT to Marina bay where you can find a daily food festival called Lau Pa Sat (only opens during the night I think).

Hotel's location shouldn't be a problem. It takes around 10 minutes drive to Bugis, Orchard, or Little India. Novena MRT Station can be reached by -+ 15 minutes walk. Nowhere is so remote or not easily accessible in Singapore anyway.

On my last day in the hotel, I spent the day in the room wanting to get some nice nap, but to my great disappointment, the hotel did some maintenance right above my room so it was very very noisy that it was impossible for me to get rest. It was extremely disturbing and the hotel didn't bother to inform about it earlier.

Overall, it was good enough and I'll come back if I can't find a nicer place in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happyfeet2707
kuala lumpur
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Let's start with some + points:

(1) Hotel located far from MRT Station but staff was helpful to get cabs for me.

That's all for the good points....

NEGATIVE points:

(1) First impression into the hotel lobby was OK, nothing fancy but for the price I paid, I could have gotten a better one.
(2) Check-in procedure: Quite fast.
(3) Enquiries to the hotel manager: no reply despite me calling the front desk 3 times.
(4) Room: Worst room I have ever stayed in my life. The carpet was dirty, socket was broken, toilet smells of urine and dirty!! My maid at home can do a better job than the cleaning staff there!
(5) The hotel has no water when I woke up at 7am!! The water only came back at 8:10am!! I was late for my meeting because of this!

Avoid this hotel at all cost!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kupang, Indonesia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel is located ten minutes away from Orchard road by taxi, which you will have to pay average from eight to ten dollar a ride.

The hotel it self is a bit outdated and we have to pay $170 for it (breakfast and internet included) which is for me was a bit expensive compared to Value Inn Thompson or Innotel which around $70-90 a night with modern furniture and else.

The room was a bit dump and small (we stayed in standard twin room) but it is okay for business travelers who does not stay much in the hotel. The service from the staff was excellent. The Front Office was really friendly, but the restaurant attendant was not smiling at all. There is also a swimming pool on the 6th floor.

The hotel is pretty closed to food court (5 mins walking distance) and nearby also a lot of minimart and a place that sells nice durians.

the cons from this hotel is too far from MRT stations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business